Shadowplay sucks

calyco

Oct 7, 2004
I haven't used it all that much, only started recently. For the past year it seemed to work the few times I tried it. But recently, hitting Alt + Z bring up overlay and blurs game. But the buttons to record do not come up. I hit the key to get out of it and I am left with a blurred image of the game and I cant move, resulting in having to force close game. Either that or I hit Alt + Z to record recent gameplay, go to open video and its a 1.6gb empty video file. POS lol, anything other recording app that is more reliable?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I haven't used it all that much, only started recently. For the past year it seemed to work the few times I tried it. But recently, hitting Alt + Z bring up overlay and blurs game. But the buttons to record do not come up. I hit the key to get out of it and I am left with a blurred image of the game and I cant move, resulting in having to force close game. Either that or I hit Alt + Z to record recent gameplay, go to open video and its a 1.6gb empty video file. POS lol, anything other recording app that is more reliable?

Is GeForce Experience up to date? For me, when GeForce Experience is out of date, I get recordings with no sound.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i find shadowplay to be amazing, AND geforce experience to be horrible.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
i find shadowplay to be amazing, AND geforce experience to be horrible.

You know what's the worst part about GeForce Experience... when you try to change a save location. The problem is that GeForce Experience seems to use its own routines to create lists of folders for you to navigate through, but it's so slow. I have a lot of files on my temp drive, which is where I save my videos to. To change the directory, I have to choose the temp drive, walk away for a good 15 minutes, and come back to hope the dialog box has finally populated itself with all of my folders.

calyco

Oct 7, 2004
Bah, unreliable POS. Updated but now its recording empty video files, then sometimes the keyboard shortcut simply wont record.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Glitched out a couple times over the last few years, but nothing to that extend. Also done many hours of streaming without any issues. May just be a corrupt install on your machine and unfortunately at times can require a refresh of Windows. I would first uninstall it completely and do a fresh install of Geforce Experience.