Question Settings question for 2070 with BF5

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
I've been playing BF5 on the new pc and have everything set to max since I'm still at 1920x1200. Its been running mostly well but I do still get an occasional hitch, something like a .5 - 1 second "burp" where it freezes. This seems to happen every 30-60 min, though I really am not 100% on that, it just happens a few times a gaming session. I was curious if it was possibly a setting issue with my card? It could be the processor, I remember hearing something about hitches with Ryzen but I thought that had been fixed.

Anyway, apart from that the game has been running great, though I'm not really seeing much from the raytracing. I have not played any of the story missions and I know they have at least one area there (hotel or something) where ray tracing really shines, so I might give that a try.

Side question, what is a decent program to run in a side screen tracking FPS?

Thanks!

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I've been playing BF5 on the new pc and have everything set to max since I'm still at 1920x1200. Its been running mostly well but I do still get an occasional hitch, something like a .5 - 1 second "burp" where it freezes. This seems to happen every 30-60 min, though I really am not 100% on that, it just happens a few times a gaming session. I was curious if it was possibly a setting issue with my card? It could be the processor, I remember hearing something about hitches with Ryzen but I thought that had been fixed.

Anyway, apart from that the game has been running great, though I'm not really seeing much from the raytracing. I have not played any of the story missions and I know they have at least one area there (hotel or something) where ray tracing really shines, so I might give that a try.

Side question, what is a decent program to run in a side screen tracking FPS?

Thanks!
It maybe the windows issue reported by some.
https://www.ceos3c.com/misc/battlefield-5-stutter-fix-working/

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Does "all settings maxed" include ray tracing?

Jun 8, 2003
Its a software issue, digital foundry found it first in one of there videos.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Does "all settings maxed" include ray tracing?
Yes, maxed out. After watching some videos the other night I dropped textures from ultra to high or whatever the second highest is. That seemed to help a little, but I still ran into a few hitches. It seemed to happen when either a lot of action was occurring or I was just joining a map. I need to play with it more, but I'm about to leave for 2 weeks to the states so it will be a while before I get to play again.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Turn the ray tracing down to the mid level and everything should be fine.