Setting up a UT3 server for AT members

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
EDIT: Please comment on your poll selection. I want to get a great big weekly match going.
I want the server filled. Any suggestions would be great. What is best? Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF, other? Let me know. I'll have time to really dig into the server on Saturday morning for configurations and map voting options.

Hey guys/gals,

Not sanctioned by AT, just doing it myself. Server details/IP address below.

I'm setting up a UT3 server for us to have a bit of fun. Should be ready by tonight 7/6.
This will be password protected and only AT members are allowed. So, if you want to play, PM me for the password.

Should be a good time for all. I will most likely have a Teamspeak server setup as well so we can curse each other out in real time :D

I know the game itself probably has built in live voice chat, but I have to check the latencies on that and how it affects bandwidth/performance for the game. TS has a pretty low overhead so I am leaning that way initially. If I go TS, I'll include private login information in the PM along with the UT3 servers password.

For all those who loved the original Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 3 is just like it, only modernized. Even the sound effects and music are the same, only much improved.

So, if there is anyone on the forums you wish to frag, this is your chance! LOL.

Well, I'd better get to work!

Hope to see some familiar members in my crosshairs.

UPDATES:
UT3 Server name: MunchMan2 (don't ask) Up and running. MapVote "seems" to be enabled.
FYI- UT3 is a rather large PITA to set up and have it do exactly what you want it to do.
But hey, not bad for a couple of hours of learning.
IP: 24.191.196.99:7777 (it may, or may not ask for a password???) Working on that.

TeamSpeak IP: 24.191.196.99
If you want to chat on TS, let me know and you'll have an account made based on your AT member name.

Keysplayr

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
I'm in :thumbsup: This is just the reason I needed to pick up the game.

Looking forward to it.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Cool, I like the classic game types, not so much Warfare or VCTF. I haven't really played UT3 much, I probably have as much time in UT3 total, as a heavy week of UT2k4 :^D

Anyway, I'd like to join in. Could I have the pass?

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
I'm in. I've been playing quite a lot recently, though n7 will probably destroy everyone. :p

Also, may I suggest that we also play some Invasion. Anyone who played UT2k4 knows how much fun this gametype is.

On a side note, for those who are turned off by the game's UI, I would recommend Uwindows which pretty much gives you a UT99 style GUI. It's still in beta and lacks many features, but it certainly looks much better than the UT3 console interface.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
Gotta keep this thread near the top. Need as many guys/gals from Anand as possible :)

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Okay going to join in a few minutes.

Prepare to die! :evil:

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Okay we need more people :)

Don't be afraid to join.

And keys, can you come back & maybe switch gametype?

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Yeah, we need CustomUT on there for voteable everything :)

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
GGs everybody, that was much fun. Today was the first time I played UT3 in a couple of months. Not a bad change of pace, but I still like UT2k4 better :^D

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
I'll improve the server where anything can be voted on. map. Gametype. etc. I've only had the game about 2 days, so still learning the server end.

GG everyone.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Game on tonight! Updated sub-comment in OP!! Hope to see as many there as possible!! Going to be TDM, DM, or CTF for now.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: EvilComputer92
How about Invasion?

I'll work on the Galtanors mod. Sounds like fun. Just a matter of following the instruction on that site, but no guaranty it will work right off the bat without modding this file or that.

I'll try it out and post if it was successful or not. I was an UT ace when it came to setting up custom servers, but UT3 has a bit of a learning curve. I've only had the game about 3 or 4 days now. hehe.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: JF060392
what is the time ?? I second Evilcomputers suggestion for invasion.

Game time is 8pm EST. It's in the topic summary right under the topic title.