seti sure is on top of things

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Dear ElFenix:

We'd like to invite you to reconnect with SETI@home. Our records show that you've been with SETI@home since 19 July 1999, but it's been 2 days since you last returned a work unit. We want you back, and here's why:

just 2 days? jeez. sometimes i probably go 3 or 4 without sending in a unit.

<--- searching on his laptop (40ish watts) only cuz of energy prices right now ($0.15/KW-hr)

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
They sent out a general mailing - mine went like:

Dear Wiz:

We'd like to invite you to reconnect with SETI@home. Our records show that you've been with SETI@home since 25 May 1999, and you have never returned a work unit. We want you back, and here's why:

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
I think I returned a unit last year, Seti classic for a few years before that, & I've never received the ElFenix preferred package. :(

Tweakin

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2000
I just received a reminder also...I've been dead since the end of the classic...

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Coquito
I think I returned a unit last year, Seti classic for a few years before that, & I've never received the ElFenix preferred package. :(

if you've changed emails then they can't send you a note, i guess.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: Coquito

if you've changed emails then they can't send you a note, i guess.

Maybe I need to actually do something with my profile. Maybe I need to actually be logged in.

I feel I need a couple pats on the head before I get going.

Arf :milkbone;

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
w00t... just got mine :D

Dear Spacehead:

We notice that you registered with SETI@home on 20 January 2001, and that we haven't yet credited you with any completed work for SETI@home/BOINC. Your computing power is important to SETI@home. If you had problems installing or running the software, please visit the Questions and Answers area of our web site. You may find the solution to your problem there; if not, you can ask for help from project volunteers and staff.

We also encourage you to fill out the BOINC user survey. to give us feedback on how to make SETI@home easier to use.

Thanks!

-- The SETI@home team

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I finally got an email for my "TA - Romulans" account letting me know they haven't seen any BOINC credits coming from it. Good reason too - I've never run SETI under BOINC before. Duh! :roll: