Seti + Dual Core = 1 or 2 applications?

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
I'm running seti@home on a linux box with the specs in my signatures, and I'm just wondering what would be the best way to do it. I see two boinc processes in my tasklist, so I assume it's one for each core?

Is there a guide or something to optimize its performance and speed?

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
All you need to do is to set BOINC in the general preferences on the SETI@Home site to use two CPUs. It's an option called something like "on multiple CPU systems use at most XXX CPUs".
There isn't much more you can do to optimize output. BOINC will automatically tun two instances then, so you'll have two SETI instances.

:)

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
All you need to do is to set BOINC in the general preferences on the SETI@Home site to use two CPUs. It's an option called something like "on multiple CPU systems use at most XXX CPUs".
There isn't much more you can do to optimize output. BOINC will automatically tun two instances then, so you'll have two SETI instances.

:)

Oh, cool! Didn't think it would interact with the settings I had in my profile.

Thanks!

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Just remember to go for the "projects" tab in the BOINC client, select SETI@Home and click update. Then BOINC will fetch the new settings from your SETI account and start crunching away. :)