SETI CLASSIC: Welcome to our newest members

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Welcome to Team AnandTech SETI!

Our Seti-Classic TeAm is now 3,292 members strong!

We have room for more ... come on and join the best bunch of Seti Searchers in the World! :D

I would like to introduce our newest members:

globalcitizen ---- Rank 2814 New ---- 12 Wus :sun: ---- Mentor: Phiton
Here is your Personal Stats Machine

MrWizer ---- Rank 188 New ---- 11,092 Wus :sun: ---- Mentor: Coolkid
Here is your Personal Stats Machine

Your mentor may not be able to contact you if you don?t have PMs enabled (Allow Private Messages) ? you can do that in your profile.

We hope you drop by often and say hello.

WARNING:

SETI WUs contain hidden rewards, and prolonged crunching can be addictive. TeAm members should guard against excessive computer building, parts hording, and stat checking. <Quote of recent new member, Pokey> :p :D
___________________________________________________________________________________

SETI-CLASSIC

How to run SETI-Classic and Join TeAm AnandTech

How To configure your SetiDriver for SETI-CLASSIC to use a TeAm SetiQueue.

Once you have your SetiDriver setup and working properly it is recommended that you use one of the TeAm's SetiQueues.

This will insure you have WUs to crunch when the Seti Server is down.

Our Mentor TeAm for Seti-Classic <----- :wine:<clink>:wine:

Kudos to our "Big Brothers"

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Welcome to the TeAm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

globalcitizen

Sep 6, 2004
Question.

I signed up for the TeAm but under a different username from anandtech. How does it work. I asked because I signed up for SETI as yo_mon before I signed up for Anandtech.

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: globalcitizen
Question.

I signed up for the TeAm but under a different user name from AnandTech. How does it work. I asked because I signed up for SETI as yo_mon before I signed up for AnandTech.

Welcome globalcitizen :)

When you signed up for SETI, you had the option to make your SETI NAME anything you want. SETI allows multiple use of the same NAME. SETI-CLASSIC strictly uses your email address and the password they mailed to you and ignores your SETI NAME. There are probably hundreds of "Johns". lol

Not so on the AnandTech Forums, you must request a AnandTech Forum Name during the sign up procedure and if someone is already using that NAME you will have to choose a different one.

We have many Seti TeAm Mates with different names on the forums than on their Seti accounts. It can get confusing. If you would like your TeAm Mates to recognize you I might suggest that you edit your PROFILE / SIGNATURE and show your Seti Name. See my signature and you will see what I'm using. ;) :)

It's really great having you on the TeAm! Drop in and post often. :)

kamper

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Smoke
Question.

I signed up for the TeAm but under a different user name from AnandTech. How does it work. I asked because I signed up for SETI as yo_mon before I signed up for AnandTech.

Welcome globalcitizen :)

When you signed up for SETI, you had the option to make your SETI NAME anything you want. SETI allows multiple use of the same NAME. SETI-CLASSIC strictly uses your email address and the password they mailed to you and ignores your SETI NAME. There are probably hundreds of "Johns". lol

Not so on the AnandTech Forums, you must request a AnandTech Forum Name during the sign up procedure and if someone is already using that NAME you will have to choose a different one.

We have many Seti TeAm Mates with different names on the forums than on their Seti accounts. It can get confusing. If you would like your TeAm Mates to recognize you I might suggest that you edit your PROFILE / SIGNATURE and show your Seti Name. See my signature and you will see what I'm using. ;) :)

It's really great having you on the TeAm! Drop in and post often. :)

And don't forget to mention that he can change his seti name if he likes.

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Very true. ;) :)

He could change his Seti Name to "globalcitizen" if we wants.

:D

Soggysocks

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2001
Thanks Smoke and everybody here. I cahnged my SETI name to globalcitizen. Did not know I could do that.

Welcome to the Team :) And what ever name you choose .........................................

At least you don't have Soggysocks :disgust:

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Welcome to the TeAm globalcitizen &amp; MrWizer :D

Thanks Smoke :beer: