Seti account issues

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Here's the position I'm in. I signed up for Seti@Home in 2000. Well wouldn't you know after some time I forgot my password. Back then I was with @Home and I used my @Home email address to sign on with. Well over the years I've changed service providers a few times and the result is that my old email address is of course no longer valid. So now I'm in a potion where I don't know my password and my email address on file is invalid. However I can still get data units. What I would like to do is to register a new account and have the # of completed work units moved over to the new account, I'm guessing though this can't be done right?

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Locut0s
I'm guessing though this can't be done right?
Correct.
You can keep crunching under the @home addy, you just won't be able to change any of you account info. Or you could start a new account to start crunching under.

How many WUs do you have on your account?

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Send a pm Smoke's way, maybe he still has a email address that can help.

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Hey Locut0s!

PM Smoke, he'll provide you with the info to retrieve your old SETI password to be able to change you e-mail address to a new one! It can be done! ;)

Plz ask if you've got any more questions! :D

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
I've been fortunate to have a lot of very smart and influential friends ... like you. ;) :D