SETI 1 Update

PieDerro

Apr 19, 2000
Hi TA SETI TeAm!

Long time since i've been here - and apparently, it's been a long time since my crunchers have been crunching. I checked up on two of my previous SETI Queues the other week, and found that both machines (in separate physical locations, and on separate networks) had stopped connecting for about the last 12 months or so, due to some person changing the upstream proxies that I was relying on for internet access!!

Anyway, cutting a long story short, I'd really appreciate the following help:

1. In short, what is the current status with SETI1? Is it looking to end in the next 6-12 months?
2. How do I use, or where can i find a guide for the Flexinstaller? I have a stack of new machines without SETI clients installed!
3. What's news with the SETI team here these days? Who are the main competitors? What are our chances of climbing to the top?

Cheers, and hi to all the old crew - Tarca, panhead, Smoke, OD, Ray, Ronin, NWM, amdxborg, soni, conjur, assim1, Confused, BW, Baldy18, HB and anyone else i regretfully have failed to mention!

PD.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Hi Pie, great seeing you again! :beer:;)

Well.. it might be ending soon.. as usual. Don't hope it does as I'm on a bit of a roll! :D
The flexinstaller.. mmm have no idea.. Smoke?
The SETI guys are still kicking ass and partying with the babes!.. they keep asking about the Pie Guy.. ;)
As for moving up.. Ars are 5588582wu infront of us in 4th with almost the same daily production and bbr is behind us with -256946wu and also almost matching our daily output.

Hope you get your fleet up soon.. btw what kinda power are we talking about here? Yeah.. just wanna make sure I can stay ahead of you! :D

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
The flexinstaller is not too difficult to use. It has been awhile, but I can probably help you if you have a problem. For massive assimilations (aka the Death Star), I used Shux's script which was rather easy, it just required changing the user.sah file (otherwise you give Shux a nice boost) and creating a csv file with the name of the machines.

With the flex installer you need a user.sah file which you set with one of the options (you can browse for it on your local machine). You then can have it find machines in your domain and select them from a list. It will then push the install out. The main problem with the flex installer and the reason I didn't use it was it didn't have an uninstall feature and I needed something that could remove them quickly if any problems occurred. Shux's script provides a method to remove the clients as fast as it put them on.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: PieDerro
Hi TA SETI TeAm!

Long time since i've been here - and apparently, it's been a long time since my crunchers have been crunching. I checked up on two of my previous SETI Queues the other week, and found that both machines (in separate physical locations, and on separate networks) had stopped connecting for about the last 12 months or so, due to some person changing the upstream proxies that I was relying on for internet access!!
PD.

Oh, the humanity.....:Q

/me waves hi to Pie! :D

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001
Hey PieDerro.!!!......good to see you .......long time.....we havent heard from Tarca in quite a while too.....hope you get your machines going, before the end of stage 1....its rumored to be ending soon..;)

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Hi Pie! :D
Hope things are going well for ya.

"1. In short, what is the current status with SETI1? Is it looking to end in the next 6-12 months?"
No timetable given yet on when it will end. Matt has said everyone will be given notice about a month or two prior to the shutdown. Supposedly SETI is going to send an email to all users.

"3. What's news with the SETI team here these days? Who are the main competitors? What are our chances of climbing to the top?"
Hellburner's last stat report. Not too much movement lately:
Originally posted by: Hellburner
Local group production 07/14

03 S@N...........................(+8431587)............... +34263
04 Ars...............................(+5588582)................. +5688
05 TA...............13577301..................................... +7127
06 BBR................................(-256946)................. +5395

Three new TeAmmates, DarKhan w/187 wu's, Aragorn w/50 wu's, and Dark`E.I.Team w/1 wu :)

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Heh another old boy checking in here. I think Asslaminator1 is about the only guy that remembers me. :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Gee, it is really nice to see some really experienced longtimers back again. Welcome back! :)

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Sukhoi
Heh another old boy checking in here. I think Asslaminator1 is about the only guy that remembers me. :)

I guarentee he's not the only one who remembers you.

/waves

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

He's not the only one who remembers you, Sukhoi! :D

Good to see ya! :D

Geez, this is turning into another one of those old timer re-union threads! :p

:D

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Yay a few more people do! :D

I'll stop by here more often if I can get myself to do it. I had gotten really busy playing DoD but I stopped that so maybe I'll have more desire to post here. :) I've really only done OT and Hot Deals for a while.

I am still running good old SETI 1 until they make me change.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yay a few more people do! :D

I'll stop by here more often if I can get myself to do it. I had gotten really busy playing DoD but I stopped that so maybe I'll have more desire to post here. :) I've really only done OT and Hot Deals for a while.

Stop in anytime. :D

I am still running good old SETI 1 until they make me change.

Same here.....:D

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be

He's not the only one who remembers you, Sukhoi! :D

Good to see ya! :D

Geez, this is turning into another one of those old timer re-union threads! :p

:D

lol
Hi Sukhoi ;)

And Hi Pie! ;):D

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Holy sh!t it's BurntKooshie! I actually was thinking of you as I made the reply for this one. I had no clue you had showed up again. :)

And hi Dave!

BurntKooshie

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's probably been over a year since I had last posted. I'm busy trying to graduate....in the fall.... a wee bit behind the schedule I had envisioned oh-so-long ago. But, familiar faces (er.....icons?) is always a nice sight :)