News Setback for conspiracy nutters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
Ugh, at the defense. Yes they did experience a tragedy, but this case is not about that, rather it is about what Jones pushed onto them after the fact where he knowingly spread lies about them, knowing the people he was spreading them to would resort to the behavior that the families experienced. He not only didn't care he enjoyed it. I'm not surprised his attorney has to resort to bullshit and lies to try and defend his client, but that attorney deserves some extra scorn for claiming such.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I said it in the other thread where the plaintiffs beat the motion for summary judgment. If this goes to a jury, Jones is going to be hit wit massive punitive damages. He'll have to go BK.

Reactions: whm1974

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I said it in the other thread where the plaintiffs beat the motion for summary judgment. If this goes to a jury, Jones is going to be hit wit massive punitive damages. He'll have to go BK.
I hope he does as what he did is horrible.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Infowarriors are about to learn the real conspiracy theory. The one where Alex Jones conspired to tell them lies in order to lighten their wallets.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I hope this case gets tried in front of a jury rather than settled. I have a feeling Jones' lawyers will try to argue that Jones is some kind of comedian, that his statements aren't meant to be taken seriously. His horde of true believing followers need to hear him argue that before he goes into bankruptcy.