Sesame Street considerd inappropriate for children

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
This really helps you understand how different the world is now versus then.
People are so politically correct and "think of the children" that its no wonder kids have problems now.

Sesame street is bad, but its ok to have cartoons with people shooting each other, fighting and making crude jokes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11...f=magazine&oref=slogin
Sunny days! The earliest episodes of ?Sesame Street? are available on digital video! Break out some Keebler products, fire up the DVD player and prepare for the exquisite pleasure-pain of top-shelf nostalgia.

Just don?t bring the children. According to an earnest warning on Volumes 1 and 2, ?Sesame Street: Old School? is adults-only: ?These early ?Sesame Street? episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today?s preschool child.?

Say what? At a recent all-ages home screening, a hush fell over the room. ?What did they do to us?? asked one Gen-X mother of two, finally. The show rolled, and the sweet trauma came flooding back. What they did to us was hard-core. Man, was that scene rough. The masonry on the dingy brownstone at 123 Sesame Street, where the closeted Ernie and Bert shared a dismal basement apartment, was deteriorating. Cookie Monster was on a fast track to diabetes. Oscar?s depression was untreated. Prozacky Elmo didn?t exist.

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
I just rented this actually. In the pilot episode there is a young girl being shown around by Gordon. His wife leans out the window and says something like, "Nice to meet you. Come up later for some cookies!" And the little girl agrees.

There are a bunch of little scenes like this that may have some parents pissed if not for the disclaimer at the start of the show. They're obviously just covering their asses with that disclaimer, as this is a sue-happy society. :roll:

Anyway, Cookie Monster rules. :cookie:

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Sesame street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood is the reason why people who are 25-35 years of age are less fucked up than people who are <25 years of age.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
tickle me elmo once tickled my balls. I agree that sesame street deserves an M rating.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis
tickle me elmo once tickled my balls. I agree that sesame street deserves an M rating.

You shouldn't have been dry humping it in the first place....

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiamat
Sesame street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood is the reason why people who are 25-35 years of age are less fucked up than people who are <25 years of age.

:thumbsup:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman

I think that extends to about 40ish...

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Evadman

I watched those shows when I was little, before they were edited for PC-ness and I'm not 25. I only turn 20 next May. I wouldn't consider myself more f*cked up than those that came before me.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: altonb1

I wasn't. He touched me while I slept. =*(

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

Wet dream that night, I presume?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
good ol' Guy Smily!!!!

and those 3 aliens with the eyeballs on stalks never failed to crack me up. Especially when they tried to communicate to a phone. burrring!!!!

LOL

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

Yeah, we were taught to care about what our actions may do to other people. After that, kids were taught by the Power Rangers to Kung Fu your problems away.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
This is really screwed up.

Now you know they have crossed the damn PC line.

These people can all go somewhere and rot.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004

Where would the world be without the constant "my generation is better than yours" attitude?

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
good ol' Guy Smily!!!!

and those 3 aliens with the eyeballs on stalks never failed to crack me up. Especially when they tried to communicate to a phone. burrring!!!!

LOL

Yup! Yup... yupyupyupyupyup...

Damnit, now I'm sitting here cracking up in my cube and people are giving me weirder-than-normal looks. :p

ZV

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Jeff7

Wet dream that night, I presume?

The combination of these two is why he's gay.

This is why we must never watch that horrible, subtly gay, slum glorifying, heroine subtext having ("cookies," yeah we know what it is) show again.

:|:( WHY WON'T SOMEONE THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!????????? :( :|