Server Execution Failed

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I've been getting this problem when I'm going through videos and it's starting to really bug me. The problem is this ... I'm reviewing video I've shot and edited and after closing one video if I don't wait a few seconds to launch another video I often get this error and I'm locked out of viewing videos for about 30 seconds. I've done a search on Google for this problem and there are LOTS of entries about it but nothing that's recommended is working.

So, with a list of videos in Windows Explorer up if I view a video using Media Player and close it then immediately click on another video to view the system often hangs and about 30 seconds later I get the pop up indicating "Server Execution Failed".

So, does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Brian

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
If you create a new windows profile, and do the same, does the problem go away?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Is this after watching the video for just a second or the entire video? Is the video on your local drive, or a drive outside the pc?

I do watch videos on my Windows 10 pc using WMP and have never run into this issue.

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
If you create a new windows profile, and do the same, does the problem go away?

Just to be clear are you talking about creating a new user ACCOUNT? I do not see any way to create a new PROFILE from within WIN10.

As I see it creating a new account is a problem as it want to know who you are and how do I do that without confusing my current account? That is, what email or phone number do I use if they are already in use with my current account?

Brian

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Is this after watching the video for just a second or the entire video? Is the video on your local drive, or a drive outside the pc?

I do watch videos on my Windows 10 pc using WMP and have never run into this issue.

This is either after watching the whole video or just a part of it. If I wait a few seconds before clicking on another video it seems to work OK, but if I go right to another video about 9 out of 10 times this error happens. Again, having searched on Google there are hundreds of pages that mention it and many have similar recommendations and NONE of those recommendations are working for me.

If it's tied to the user profile or what I think M$ calls a user account then I don't know how I'm supposed to create a new one using the same credentials that are currently in use.

Brian

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
One thing you could try is going to your accounts settings and selecting "Sign in with a local account instead" and see if that makes a difference.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ensure your "My Documents" folder is pathed properly - Use NOTE PAD to Browse your files - Move "My Documents" to your Profile designated location, to rid the Server Execution Error after which you can create a new Administrators account and Profile.

Take it you resonantly restored your OS with and old image.

I personally NEVER use "My Documents" to store Personal Data over this MS intrusive hostage byte.

Where do you have your "Download" folder located with IE?

Any mismatch in regards to the path to "My Documents" or "Download" folder location - Windows Explore will produce a "Server Execution Error" in relation to your Administrator's Profile.

Browsing with NOTE PAD and moving these folder locations to match your BackUp Profile, can FIX the "Server Execution Error" and restore your DeskTop to be fully functional, including Windows File Explorer.

I'm giving you a hint; other words, AnandTech will ban me if I go further as it gets into the rhelm of migrating Windows to different Hardware ;o)

Last edited:

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Ensure your "My Documents" folder is pathed properly - Use NOTE PAD to Browse your files - Move "My Documents" to your Profile designated location, to rid the Server Execution Error after which you can create a new Administrators account and Profile.

Take it you resonantly restored your OS with and old image.

I personally NEVER use "My Documents" to store Personal Data over this MS intrusive hostage byte.

Where do you have your "Download" folder located with IE?

Any mismatch in regards to the path to "My Documents" or "Download" folder location - Windows Explore will produce a "Server Execution Error" in relation to your Administrator's Profile.

Browsing with NOTE PAD and moving these folder locations to match your BackUp Profile, can FIX the "Server Execution Error" and restore your DeskTop to be fully functional, including Windows File Explorer.

I'm giving you a hint; other words, AnandTech will ban me if I go further as it gets into the rhelm of migrating Windows to different Hardware ;o)

This is a new PC built in January and done with a virgin Windows 10 install. I don't use IE or Edge at all.

I also have to say I'm a bit confused by the reference to "profile" as M$ appears to refer to it as "accounts" and I see nothing about "backup profile" or "backup account".

Brian

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
Sure appears to me you changed your hardware in a Win10 UpGrade.

Don't be such knucklehead, read between the lines and pay attention to what I said. MS will do anything to control your UpGrade or Migration to different hardware when accessing personal data.

Last edited:

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Sure appears to me you changed your hardware in a Win10 UpGrade.

Don't be such knucklehead and pay attention to what I said. MS will do anything to control your UpGrade or Migration to different hardware when accessing personal data.

No, I built the PC myself and installed virgin Win10 Home from USB. The components were all new including the boot/OS drive which is a Samsung 950 Pro PCIe SSD.

If I try anything to create a new account, even a family member, it either requires an email or will assign an email -- who do they think I am, Hillary Clinton? Same goes for using a local account versus Microsoft account.

Brian

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Switching to a local account does not require an email address Period. I didn't say anything about adding an account, which may require credentials, based on the type of account you are adding it from.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Just to be clear are you talking about creating a new user ACCOUNT? I do not see any way to create a new PROFILE from within WIN10.

As I see it creating a new account is a problem as it want to know who you are and how do I do that without confusing my current account? That is, what email or phone number do I use if they are already in use with my current account?

Brian
Yeah, just make a new account. Don't create one that uses a e-mail, just a local account as was mentioned.