Seriously? the i can haz cheezburger meme is worth millions?

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
wtf?

SEATTLE -- Three years ago Ben Huh visited a blog devoted to silly cat pictures -- and saw vast potential.

Mr. Huh, a 32-year-old entrepreneur, first became aware of I Can Has Cheezburger which pairs photos of cats with quirky captions, after it linked to his own pet blog. His site immediately crumbled under the resulting wave of visitors.

Man, if stupid is worth so much, I'm not sure why Anand hasn't been swimming around in cash like Scrooge McDuck by now.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
The irony is that this thread is perpetuating the accumulation of his wealth and you wonder why. :p

Elias824

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2007
Guys lets copyright a series of other silly pictures and make millions...of theoretical dollars

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
It's called web site advertising. Get the traffic, you can make money too.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Somebody actually made a "i can haz cheeseburger" book. Wonder how many it sold?

Never underestimate the power of pictures of kitties or puppies.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
Guys lets copyright a series of other silly pictures and make millions...of theoretical dollars

did you read the article? it's not 'theoretical' money, guy is rolling in it.

i don't really see the 'story' in it, though. make lots of funny picture blogs, get good advertisers, make money. you can do it, too, if you want.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
When is the Fedora site coming online?
We'd need a verified alternator-sized fedora before that could happen.

Our first product: A fedora-shaped cereal bowl, with a coupon for one free box of Fruit Loops.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Somebody actually made a "i can haz cheeseburger" book. Wonder how many it sold?

Never underestimate the power of pictures of kitties or puppies.

Saw that book at Borders a couple days ago. My 10 year old daughter loved it.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Internet dollars are so worth it...

That is until they all kill each other in a massive fight waiting for their checks. ;)

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
wtf?

Man, if stupid is worth so much, I'm not sure why Anand hasn't been swimming around in cash like Scrooge McDuck by now.

ATOT never invented anything that reached beyond its walls. Anything thought to have didn't actually originate from here.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Huh is one stupid last name.

I went to the site just now. The fact it makes enough money to employ 40 people is a damned tragedy, something we should all lament. Our world is fractured.