Seriously FML

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I no longer have a bed but a computer chair i'm gonna have to sleep on.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Mayne, pretty much everything about your life fits the "FML" category.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Damn that sucks. Those things are nasty and spread everywhere. You may need to get a hotel and fumingate your whole house. Needs to be done in several stages because the fumigation does not kill the eggs so you have to wait for them to hatch to fuminage again, but want to make sure they did not get a chance to reproduce and lay more. Something an exterminator will probably know more about, timing is key.

They will hide in all sorts of crevices like inside electrical outlets, hvac vents etc. Not just beds.

Reactions: pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I knew someone who had that problem. He was told to take a vacation from work for fear of bringing the blighters with him.

I've heard that bedbugs are resurgent, maybe because of increased use of central-heating or because they are becoming resistant to chemicals previously used to control them? They spread really easily, apparently.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I knew someone who had that problem. He was told to take a vacation from work for fear of bringing the blighters with him.

I've heard that bedbugs are resurgent, maybe because of increased use of central-heating or because they are becoming resistant to chemicals previously used to control them? They spread really easily, apparently.

An insecticide called DDT in particular was very effective in nearly eradicating bed-bugs at least in first-world countries.

You are correct about the bugs building resistance BUT those same deadly chemicals were also found to be permeating the food-chain so they were banned... but not before doing serious harm especially to birds.

Silent Spring ~ Rachel Carson

DDT

Scariest part is that stuff is still hanging around and is present in trace amounts in all of us thanks to eating food.

:oops:

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
DDT will save the world!

Wait, can't we just inject ourselves with that stuff to be immune to corronavirus? Why are they using these super expensive scientists to make a vaccine when the solution is under our noses! DDT!

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
DDT will save the world!

Wait, can't we just inject ourselves with that stuff to be immune to corronavirus? Why are they using these super expensive scientists to make a vaccine when the solution is under our noses! DDT!

No playing around with no stinking bleach here dammit !!! :mad:

;)

Makes you wonder what folks will be shaking their heads in disbelief at in 50 more years that we think is just fine today?

Also lol at the music in that video ... every time I hear that kind of tune nowadays in a documentary I just KNOW it's going to be horrifying!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
its starting to feel a lot like christmas now :)

Wait .... a creepy old DDT promo video put you in the Christmas spirit ?!? :D

EDIT: Then again I bet you would LOVE a gallon or so of that stuff in your stocking this year lol!

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
thank god for a piss bucket...trying to stand up after laying on the ground is pretty brutal.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
DDT was in every over the counter type of pesticide in the 60's. Stuff was everywhere, and it didn't matter what "brand" it was, they all had a very similar scent...

Reactions: Captante