Serious Sam 4 to employ photogrammetry and motion capture

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
"WAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hope they come strong with the soundtrack. I really enjoyed the soundtrack on SS3....it just fit the game perfectly.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I thought the last serious sam was a failure and flopped pretty hard. I hope they don't do that again. Traditionally a fun game that I always enjoyed, but the last one was terrible and I didn't make it very far. Also, why the hell does Sam keep changing his appearance? He looks completely different in every game just about.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I thought the last serious sam was a failure and flopped pretty hard. I hope they don't do that again. Traditionally a fun game that I always enjoyed, but the last one was terrible and I didn't make it very far. Also, why the hell does Sam keep changing his appearance? He looks completely different in every game just about.

I'm up and down on it. There were parts I really enjoyed and others that I didn't, but overall, I do love the shoot anything that moves aspect, the secrets, easter eggs and, of course, the weapons.

I just found out recently that the first few levels (in the city) were actually levels that Croteam were going to use in a tactical BF/COD-type FPS game they were developing until they scrapped it. That would explain the disjointed feel of those levels with the rest of the game. It also explains them adding the ironsights.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
SS3 is my most played Steam game. If SS4 is better I might consider a much better vid card to play it.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
So SS3 doesn't suck after the city levels? I never got past the city levels. Maybe I should play it again.

Hinda65

Jun 19, 2010
I just finished playing Painkiller Hell&Damantion and the whole time I kept thinking, when are they going to do another serious sam. I hope its as tough as the first

Cookie Monster

Diamond Member
May 7, 2005
Cant wait for SS4. SS3 was a blast! especially in an age where every FPS tries to be realistic with all this military stuff.

Loved the final battle. **** crazy and shitting bricks when you first see what your up against.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
So SS3 doesn't suck after the city levels? I never got past the city levels. Maybe I should play it again.

In my opinion, SS3 got better as the game went along. Also, the city levels were a lot of fun IF you spent the time looking for the secrets AND you found them.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
even more enemies on the screen? oh shit...
Well, you won't need to aim anymore . . .

I just finished playing Painkiller Hell&Damantion and the whole time I kept thinking, when are they going to do another serious sam. I hope its as tough as the first
I never made it through the first Painkiller. Found it monotonous as hell, even though I finished the first two Serious Sams and thought they were decent. Don't think I ever bought SS3 - I bought the HD update for 2 and found it not as fun as I remembered. Also Serious Sam games tend to give me blisters.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I have very fond memories of the first serious sam. It was a great and exciting game to test a new graphics card on.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
BUMP!

Serious Sam 4 probably coming in 2020.

Also, current rumor says the game is going to be more open and less linear, but will still have the hordes of monsters we all know and love. Other rumors state it will have VR support from the beginning, not as an afterthought or paid DLC or separate game.

Last edited:

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Still playing and loving SS3. Been waiting for SS4 for some time. Hope to see a release this year.

Getting tired of continually seeing "Coming Soon". Define "soon" ...

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012

I biought SS3 the other doy for $4.00 So far I'm not that impressed. The controls are very sloppy. It's also the same enemies from the last two games.
So far, I'd give the game 3/10. I'll play more...