Serial Killer Haunts Again

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
This is a high functioning killer. He's a sexually sadistic offender and typically they have average intelligence, so this is a more formidable adversary," former FBI profiler Gregg McCrary told CBS News Correspondent Bob McNamara.

From the https://www.fbijobs.com/Faq.htm page

just want to be an FBI "Profiler," where do I begin the application process?
You first need to realize the FBI does not have a job called "Profiler." The tasks commonly associated with "profiling" are performed by Supervisory Special Agents assigned to the National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC) at Quantico, Virginia. These FBI Special Agents don't get vibes or experience psychic flashes while walking around fresh crime scenes. It is an exciting world of investigation and research?a world of inductive and deductive reasoning; crime-solving experience; and knowledge of criminal behavior, facts, and statistical probabilities.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Insane3D
"He's been a terrorist here for 30 years,"

OT, but is terrorist like the buzz word now?

yes, yes it is.

Ive seen articles calling serial<inset crime here> terrorists. Its the crime buzzword of the moment.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Wow. Wichita seems to have more crime than you would expect for a city of that size. They finally got the gang problem under control, then they had 3 or 4 people killed at once a few years back, and now this.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Wow. Wichita seems to have more crime than you would expect for a city of that size. They finally got the gang problem under control, then they had 3 or 4 people killed at once a few years back, and now this.

Small middle america states have underlying problems with organized crime and drug groups. While its true mob activity has largley died off in Chicago, New York and Las Vegas, its alive and well in most middle america states like Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, etc.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
This is a high functioning killer. He's a sexually sadistic offender and typically they have average intelligence, so this is a more formidable adversary," former FBI profiler Gregg McCrary told CBS News Correspondent Bob McNamara.

From the https://www.fbijobs.com/Faq.htm page

just want to be an FBI "Profiler," where do I begin the application process?
You first need to realize the FBI does not have a job called "Profiler." The tasks commonly associated with "profiling" are performed by Supervisory Special Agents assigned to the National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC) at Quantico, Virginia. These FBI Special Agents don't get vibes or experience psychic flashes while walking around fresh crime scenes. It is an exciting world of investigation and research?a world of inductive and deductive reasoning; crime-solving experience; and knowledge of criminal behavior, facts, and statistical probabilities.

What do you think Roy Hazelwood and John Douglas were?

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: digitalsm

Small middle america states have underlying problems with organized crime and drug groups. While its true mob activity has largley died off in Chicago, New York and Las Vegas, its alive and well in most middle america states like Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, etc.
Eh...it really depends on where you look. Southwest Kansas has a lot of gang problems because of the influx of workers for the packing plants there. Other than KC and Wichita though, there really isn't a lot crime to speak of. Drugs are a problem mostly because all the trafficers come through on I-70 and I-135, but I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to say that organized crime is present here. Nebraska is also pretty quiet except for Omaha, which doesn't have a lot of crime compared to other places, but has it's fair share. I can't speak for the other states as I don't have any personal experience living there.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003

Eh...it really depends on where you look. Southwest Kansas has a lot of gang problems because of the influx of workers for the packing plants there. Other than KC and Wichita though, there really isn't a lot crime to speak of. Drugs are a problem mostly because all the trafficers come through on I-70 and I-135, but I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to say that organized crime is present here. Nebraska is also pretty quiet except for Omaha, which doesn't have a lot of crime compared to other places, but has it's fair share. I can't speak for the other states as I don't have any personal experience living there.

Its where you dont look. It tends to be smaller rural towns, where stuff is often over looked. Theres alot of crazy sh!t that goes down in rural america. I might be off about some states, but Im correct about Arkansas.

3point14

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003

Its where you dont look. It tends to be smaller rural towns, where stuff is often over looked. Theres alot of crazy sh!t that goes down in rural america. I might be off about some states, but Im correct about Arkansas.

All I can say is that meth labs are quite rampant in small Missouri towns. I live right outside STL and the drug problems aren't too bad, but I can't count how many times I read of some podunk town being busted for meth. Highway patrol has been cracking down on I-70 lately. Almost every other car that is pulled over is by a K9 patrol unit. As for the organized crime, STL ain't no New Jersey :D.