September 10, 2001

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You've just stepped into your time machine and set the date for September 10, 2001 in an effort to thwart the terrorist attacks.

Remember that you keep the knowledge of everything you know now. What do you do?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I go back to sept 10th and realize that i should turn the knob several decades earlier when the US decided to become as interventionist as it possibly could.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Okay, let's try to stay on topic. Use the constraints of the post please ;)

This is unabashedly raped from another forum, but I want to see what people here come up with. Simply a logistics problem I guess, not trying to make this a debate about policy. Plenty of threads for that.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
I'd call all those airports on the day off before the flights took off and do a "b0mb threat." That might have helped right?

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Go to Boston where the terrorists were staying the night before, and kill them all in their hotel room with machine gun.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: konichiwa
Maybe, but then 9/11 would just be 9/17 or 10/1

if we caught them wouldn't it be more like 9/17/2003 instead.... if we arrested the perps. As opposed to machine gunning them.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
9/11 most likely still would have happened. The only way to have prevented it would have been to not allow those "suspected" hijackers on the planes. That would have been a tall order considering the lax level of security that was in place. Now if someone had enough "pull" I suppose they could have stopped them, but then wouldn't people have cried "racism" and all that other BS that gets spewed?

Unfortunately it took 9/11 to happen to waken americans from their comfy slumber and realize that we aren't untouchable. It sucks that it had to happen with such magnitude though.

Are we better off now? nope. Are we more aware of things. yup. Can we do much about this whole situation? nope.

Yes we needed better "security" at airports and such, but the gov't has used 9/11 as an excuse to threaten our civil "freedoms".
I'd rather live in fear of some nutball radical, than to live under the foot of my own gov't.

CkG

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Tal
Maybe, but then 9/11 would just be 9/17 or 10/1

if we caught them wouldn't it be more like 9/17/2003 instead.... if we arrested the perps. As opposed to machine gunning them.

How would calling in a bomb threat catch the perps?

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Calling in bomb threats to the WTC and Pentagon would have reduced the loss of life, since the buildings would be evacuated at the time of impact.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Interesting, however, I would try to minimize the deaths rather than catch the terroists.

No one is going to believe you and by the time they realize you are right it will be too late.

However, by having certain buildings evacuated and having to be a little high profile to get the job done, the terrorist may pick new targets and you have the possibility then of being accused of being a conspirator....

It's a hard call, but in the end I see whoever 'reports' it going to jail/mental institution as 'I am from the future' or 'I had a vision' won't cut it here I think :)

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Interesting, however, I would try to minimize the deaths rather than catch the terroists.

No one is going to believe you and by the time they realize you are right it will be too late.

However, by having certain buildings evacuated and having to be a little high profile to get the job done, the terrorist may pick new targets and you have the possibility then of being accused of being a conspirator....

It's a hard call, but in the end I see whoever 'reports' it going to jail/mental institution as 'I am from the future' or 'I had a vision' won't cut it here I think :)

If you call the threats on those buildings while the planes are in the air, the terrorist wouldn't have time to adjust their plans, they might not even know what is going on.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
I would have let it happen. Bad mojo happens when one screws with the space-time continuum. See 'Back to the Future 1-3' for reference.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
deploy t-800 on their azzes, he, or "it" can accomplish any mission that higher models can't.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
yeah if you did while they were in the air...however you are banking then they take you seriously and evacuate....there was also the other plane that got downed and the pentagon strike I'd try to prevent. 1 day is not a lot of time to prevent so much loss.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Remember that you keep the knowledge of everything you know now. What do you do?

If American intelligence knew about it before it happened, and didn't stop it, how can I?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Phuz

If American intelligence knew about it before it happened, and didn't stop it, how can I?

rolleye.gif

And the tooth fairy is real too huh?
rolleye.gif

You people need to get over your conspiracy theory BS.

CkG

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
You think they were unaware of the hijacking as soon as it happened?
You think they were unaware that 2 planes were a LONG way off course?

What do you think the general population would have an easier time accepting.. the fact that terrorists flew two planes into the WTCs, or that the USAF shot down two 747's full of passengers - that MIGHT have been crashed into the WTC.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: alkemyst

How about simply giving the FBI/whatever specific evidence? Names, flight numbers, etc? With such detailed and pinpointed facts I'd bet that they would have to at least look into it. The gov't certainly knew parts and pieces of this plot...they knew about Atta for sure as well as a few of the others probably, and knew they would be plotting something, but not what and when.

If you could give them that information ...

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
You've just stepped into your time machine and set the date for September 10, 2001 in an effort to thwart the terrorist attacks.

Ground the planes, round up the hijackers, get as much information out of them as I can. Go to the UN and ask permission to go into afghanistan, which Bush did as you rememer.

We know their names now, wouldnt have been to hard.

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
bring a video tape of the news coverage and show it to the agencies along with the list of names...
And i become god :D

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: AnImuS
bring a video tape of the news coverage and show it to the agencies along with the list of names...
And i become god :D

and next week we would see him on late night local access cable tv.....

THATS RIGHT FOLKS YOU GET EVERY AFC WINNER, EVERY NFC WINNER, AND THE TOP 10 COLLEGE UPSETS FOR ONLY $99, I GURANTEE EVERY PICK.........