Sept 11, 2001 the day that allowed Trump to brag after the towers fell he now has the tallest building in New York City

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I was going to post a video and had a few comments about 9/11, I then decided it would be low for me to politicize 9/11 to take a jab at a political party or politician I didn't care for on the anniversary. OP...?

Then you'd make a better president than orange dingleberry. He was blabbing about fake news and crooked Hillary a few hours ago.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
dumb question, why would they be able to override it without dems present?

In the NC House a quorum requires a majority of members. Since the Republicans have a majority in the NC House due to gerrymandering (they lost the NC House popular vote), all they need is their members to establish one. Democrats were told no votes were going to happen on 9/11 until at least 1PM so their members weren't present.

So basically the NC GOP lied to the other members of the legislature in order to try and sneak something through while they were out on the day of a national tragedy.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I was going to post a video and had a few comments about 9/11, I then decided it would be low for me to politicize 9/11 to take a jab at a political party or politician I didn't care for on the anniversary. OP...?

Please include clips of all the Muslims in Jersey City cheering the collapse of the towers from across the Hudson.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
In the NC House a quorum requires a majority of members. Since the Republicans have a majority in the NC House due to gerrymandering (they lost the NC House popular vote), all they need is their members to establish one. Democrats were told no votes were going to happen on 9/11 until at least 1PM so their members weren't present.

So basically the NC GOP lied to the other members of the legislature in order to try and sneak something through while they were out on the day of a national tragedy.

They still need a Democrat in the NC senate. Who's going to be the one to come out as Republican?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
slow hasn't commented after his president snowflake and NC GOP lied and totally politicized 9/11.

I wonder why that is?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
slow hasn't commented after his president snowflake and NC GOP lied and totally politicized 9/11.

I wonder why that is?

What would you like me to say? I said I don't agree with politicizing it on the anniversary. That is pretty plain, no? I guess I'm just a morally better person than Trump or the OP.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
What would you like me to say? I said I don't agree with politicizing it on the anniversary. That is pretty plain, no? I guess I'm just a morally better person than Trump or the OP.

Using 9/11 to brag about yourself being morally OK is morally OK.

• Haha
Reactions: esquared

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

These people are now our friends, the Saudis, so don't make the mistake of thinking bad thoughts about Il Duce II AKA Trump's and his pals. The Head of The Party says these are OK. Hell let's make sure we arm them further.

Challenger

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
You people are disgusting! Pissing and moaning about someone who had absolutely nothing to do with the worst terrorist attack on our country! You should be thinking about the victims who had thier last meal with the ones they loved the night before :coldsweat::coldsweat:

Attachments

• D019C596-4FEE-4C34-A13F-D1F3DEF48FF0.jpeg
    D019C596-4FEE-4C34-A13F-D1F3DEF48FF0.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 18
Jan 25, 2011
You people are disgusting! Pissing and moaning about someone who had absolutely nothing to do with the worst terrorist attack on our country! You should be thinking about the victims who had thier last meal with the ones they loved the night before :coldsweat::coldsweat:
Yeah fuck us! The President trying to make it sound like he was there rescuing people. That he spent so much time there when there is absolutely no evidence of any kind he did. He's the victim here. The guy who bragged how the towers coming down gave him the tallest building in New York the day it happened, he was respecting those victims and their families. The guy who claimed he could see Muslims dancing on the roof top across the Hudson River. He should be given respect. Oh, the guy who invited the god damned Taliban to Camp David right before the anniversary, who would have been her FOR the anniversary, that man is respecting the solemn occasion more than any of us.

Fuck him and fuck you really. This piece of shit has made everything, including this, about him. He can suck a dick. The only thing that surprises me is that he hasn't made some joke about 9/11 being 18 now so he can try and fuck it.

Reactions: alien42

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Did you consider that we're blasting Trump because he was and is the antithesis of the values in that image? Instead of uniting people, he has been thinking about how this enriched himself, how he could demonize Muslims, how he could lie about his efforts to pad his ego. Uniting doesn't mean becoming an unquestioning drone; it means being compassionate and inclusive, and opposing the Trumps of the world who would seek to divide and demean us.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Lying sack of shit. You are perfectly fine with Trump politicizing 9-11. As others here have pointed out.

Just go back to getting on your knees.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

you should get the fuck over yourself. you aren't special.

lol--Trump claimed victim funds for 9-11. You say he had nothing to do with it...and you're fucking right. He lost nothing, he helped no one...but he claimed some $100k+ in relief funds from the feds
Says Trump "lied about housing people at 40 Wall St. after the attacks"

This appears to reference what Trump said about a $150,000 grant his company received from a recovery program set up for small businesses for his building at 40 Wall Street.

To be eligible, small firms had to prove they had been "physically or economically damaged by the attacks, and located on or south of 14th Street in Lower Manhattan," PolitiFact reported in 2016.

Trump told TIME in 2016 that the grant "was probably a reimbursement for the fact that I allowed people, for many months, to stay in the building, use the building and store things in the building…."

However, the public portion of his company’s grant application makes no mention of providing shelter.

We requested a copy of the application for a grant from the 9/11 business recovery grant program administered by the Empire State Development Corporation. Much of the copy we received back was blacked out. However, the visible portion showed a 2002 revised application. It said the economic losses stemmed from rent loss, cleanup and repair. The application was signed by Nancy Lara, who worked for the Trump organization at the time. The documents also showed there were 20 employees including the owner. (This matches what a New York Daily News article in 2016 showed too.) A $150,000 payment was approved.

And there's also this further litany of actual fact-checked horseshit lies by the motherfucking STD in-chief:

Why do you defend the worst of humanity--the absolutely observable fucking worst of humanity?

why is that, Challenger? wtf is that?

Maybe you should grow some motherfucking balls, you brainwashed goddamn squirrel, and start asking the necessary goddamn questions that the fucking adults of the world have long ago asked and already answered, you motherfucking pissant sack of shit.

why aren't you asking actual questions? what the fuck is your problem? The fuckstick Orange Cancer made a tweet about himself today to memorialize this tragedy. It is about him, isn't it? That's what the POTUS just told the country today! Is he wrong, Challenger? Is he wrong? I would love to witness you admit that. This is a challenge to you, isn't it?

This country will never heal itself until that fat fuck is 6 feet under and the braindead shitbrains that blindly support him are properly re-educated in order to rejoin functioning, adult society. It's really the only way. You can do it on your own, but you first have to admit that you have a serious problem.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Well if anyone wants to take a stroll down nightmare lane here’s the original ATOT thread from 9/11/2001.

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...-into-the-world-trade-center-building.611382/

I just read the whole thread.

Two things stood out to me. 1st the general consensus was bin laden and only two people mentioned hussain (I assume they were referring to Saddam), not a single mention of Iraq.

2nd almost immediately after the first tower fell people were speculating that bombs were also used.

One post stood out besides the one post that said it had to be bin laden (I think it was even on page one), was a poster who was concerned that a US response could lead to us attacking someone/country who wasn't involved.

What a tragedy and a colossal fuck up the response was. We lost 3000+ people that day only to see more than double that amount in response to it.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

You know what's disgusting? People like you who's nationalism led to unquestionable support of a president who's decisions led to more than 8000 additional Americans dying and over 100,000 innocent Iraqis dying and whose colossal fuck up is still causing Americans to die needlessly.

9/12 wasn't America at its greatest, it was the day that America died and would be forever changed and not for the better.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
lol! what a little snowflake child. Thanks for bringing that up bro. :D

Goddamn--looks like a lot of proud, literal fascists hang out in the archery forums.
Their responses are giggle worthy at best. Meanwhile their orange god goes against everything they profess.

Mar 11, 2004
FYI, Challenger here ran off to another forum to cry about this post:

Haha, wow. Not that I'm surprised, I've actually noticed a recurring theme of those types of posters on here that post elsewhere and try and gloat about "trolling" the AT forums (its not just politics), when they're really just bawling their PAB eyes out to where they know they'll find a sympathetic echo chamber. One of them even made their own forum because they kept getting kicked off of basically every other forum they visited because they were a monumental moron.

Wait, are you from that forum, and came here just to let us know what a crybaby bitch that clown is? Are you cobowhntr?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What you see is what happens when a righties world is attacked, they retreat to a safe haven, a place to reinforce their bubble. Did you noticed how he didn't bother trying to counterpoint the other poster on the merits of the argument and was instead looking for validation? That's a bubble dweller.

FYI, Challenger here ran off to another forum to cry about this post:

Challenger

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
You people are just proving my point. You call me a cry baby after some butthurt pussy rgisters here to tattle on me! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited: