Separation Tuesday 3/15 - 5 states in play + Mariana Islands

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Can't wait to see your predictable 180 against 538 when they start showing numbers that you don't like. Of course, you'll explain it away with some bullshit numbers using some asinine metric that no one uses or trusts and claim it is the best.

:D
Nah, fivethirtyeight is usually spot on. The great Nate Silver weighs in on the Trump Train:
Nate Silver 10:12 PM

Did the events of the past week, including the violence at Trump events in Chicago and other places, wind up helping Trump? Perhaps. On average among the five states voting today, Trump won 31 percent of late-deciding voters, according to exit polls. That’s a good-but-not-great number: more late-deciders went to Cruz in Illinois, Missouri and North Carolina, and to Kasich in Ohio. But it’s better than Trump normally does with late-deciding voters; his numbers have often been in the teens or twenties in previous states.

Just as I predicted. Thanks Soros/Move On, that was a great service they did in Chicago.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
So now you're finally accepting Trump as the nominee after FL. Good.

You're very confused if you ever thought I predicted it would come out differently on the GOP side, especially in FL.

You could even just look at several posts of mine from earlier this morning, actually from way before then.

But that is no surprise, lots of things go over your head.

Last edited:

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
Cruz going down the partisan checklist one by one just like the email guru. :(

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Literally a few hundred votes separating Cruz and Trump in IL! Cruz has been battered so far so he will really need those 12 delegates for the winner.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Trump may have a best case scenario going for him!! From fivethirtyeight:

Special thanks to the media (SNL, John Oliver, Colbert, Fallon, etc) for making this happen, and the violent protesters in chicago that prevented an entirely private rally. That fueled this movement.

Yep Ohio gives the establishment an excuse not to quaff a few martinis and give Cruz a limp, low-energy thumbs up.

3 options left:
1. Trump gets the delegates he needs to secure the nomination
2. Trump goes to the convention without the delegates he needs, but with the most delegates and the GOP decides to play ball.
3. Trump goes to the convention without the delegates he needs, but with the most delegates and the GOP decides to try and fuck him.

It will be pretty entertaining regardless.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
It looks to me like The Duck galvanized the Dems and they came out in drove to vote Clinton.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Trump won well educated voters in Illinois. Suck it, haters.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/exit-poll-gop-unhappy-dems-sanders-clinton-37672334
Trump's appeal with Florida's educated Republican voters notably broke from the trends seen in most other states like North Carolina and Illinois where the billionaire won with a coalition of white, less educated and lower income voters.​
Another reading fail. A self-declared "reader" should probably be able to read, don't you think?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Another reading fail. A self-declared "reader" should probably be able to read, don't you think?
Wrong. He won over educated counties in IL and FL. He's reaching both well and low educated voters now. It doesn't matter, chicago's fiasco drew more trump supporters with college degrees now.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Latest update from fivethirtyeight:

David Wasserman 11:12 PM
Mathematically, Trump On Pace To Erase Ohio Loss

Guess what? Trump could make up for all 66 delegates he lost in Ohio with huge delegate margins in Illinois and Missouri. In Missouri, Trump is clinging to a lead of just 2,400 votes, but IF things continue as they are, Trump will capture 47 of Missouri’s delegates to just five for Cruz. And in Illinois, where Trump is winning about 40 percent of the vote, he could win all but a handful of congressional districts, giving him perhaps 60 of the state’s 69 delegates. Wow.

Ohio can suck a PC penis.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Wrong. He won over educated counties in IL and FL. He's reaching both well and low educated voters now. It doesn't matter, chicago's fiasco drew more trump supporters with college degrees now.
Your own link contradicts you, but you've yet to be deterred by such pesky realities. Carry on.

Feb 16, 2005
You're very confused if you ever thought I predicted it would come out differently on the GOP side, especially in FL.

You could even just look at several posts of mine from earlier this morning, actually from way before then.

But that is no surprise, lots of things go over your head.

that's impossible, his reflexes are too fast

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
that's impossible, his reflexes are too fast

Nothing goes over my head! My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it. Oh, and

995287.png

Much like the Trump campaign. We will never be crushed.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Mongrel, I think you're in for some disappointment my friend.

David Wasserman 11:20 PM

Here’s my gut takeaway from tonight’s primaries: It’s more difficult to see how Trump DOESN’T get to 1,237 delegates from here. He’s beating Cruz in red states, and he’s likely to beat Kasich in future blue states. Most of the delegates at stake from here on out will come from winner-take-all states. Whether #NeverTrump forces realize it or not, they are losing.

Trump or Clinton, Mongrel? Trump is more for the vets like you than Clinton will ever be.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Mongrel, I think you're in for some disappointment my friend.

Trump or Clinton, Mongrel? Trump is more for the vets like you than Clinton will ever be.

You really should stop attempting to teach me things.

I find it a poor attempt at being patronizing, and you do not pull it off well.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
You really should stop attempting to teach me things.

I find it a poor attempt at being patronizing, and you do not pull it off well.

Trump doesn't give a flying shit about vets.
We're not friends? Just because we disagree on politics doesn't mean we should be at war personally.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Also, Trump donated 2.9 mil to vets already. Please tell me how much Bernie or Hillary has donated to vets? lol

The campaign did not provide specifics earlier this week, but after a CNN report aired Thursday morning questioning the contributions, a spokeswoman shared a list in the afternoon showing 27 veterans organizations that have received a total of $2.9 million to date.

RELATED: Campaign manager: Trump has donated more than $100M to charity

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks told CNN the contributions will continue as money comes in and she critiqued what she describes as misplaced scrutiny on the fundraiser.

"If the media spent half as much time highlighting the work of these groups and how our veterans have been so mistreated, rather than trying to disparage Mr. Trump's generosity for a totally unsolicited gesture for which he had no obligation, we would all be better for it," Hicks said Thursday.