Sennheiser Audio Amplifier

cctaylor88

Nov 2, 2012
This question is for use with a desktop PC

The exact item in question is linked here Sennheiser GSX 1200 PRO Gaming Audio Amplifier

My current setup consists of two Mackie CR3 "multimedia" Speakers now, if I want to utilize headphones at my PC I simply plug the aux jack directly into the Mackie Speakers.

Really I'd like to step up my audio game in the easiest manner possible. I'm just wanting to know in an ELI5 manner how exactly/can I even use the Sennheiser Audio Amp? Would this amp connect to my Mackies Speakers? Would this amp connect to my motherboard? What are the connections like etc?

Would it make a noticeable difference?

Do I need specific headphones that support "7.1 surround sound"

Anything you can offer is greatly appreciated. Yes I know this is targeted towards "gamers" and I'm sure there are better options out there. Please feel free to link/suggest anything you'd like! This is the absolute ceiling (price point) though.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I don't have a clue I'm happy with the built in PC audio for headphones. And for my speakers I use a Lepai amp. Do you have multiple people listing that you need an amp for your headphones?

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
If you're using the audio from your motherboard, I don't see how the Sennheiser is going to provide a meaningful upgrade for your current gear. Your motherboard uses their own "AMP-UP" Audio layout, which shields necessary components and provides decent signal isolation from some of the noisier sources on your motherboard. I'd just recommend getting an extension cable and connecting your headphones directly to your headphone jack, then swapping as necessary.