Senheiser HD 800 and JH 13 custom ear buds revisited and changed my mind

TungFree

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2001
Why am I posting this?
because possibly the sens needed some working in time or my ears were not listening to the bass in full, nor the intimacy of near reality of female voice when well recorded. And gave raving reviews to JH 13, which in comparison I now regret having rated them that high.
Before I had bought the sens someone at Head-Fi suggested that they had inadequate bass, but that is untrue for most music. Certainly with Organ music the Audiophile speakers, and amps, will out do the head set, just because of the size of the room which is needed to reproduce the long waves of near 20 cycles/sec but as I said you will just not care because all other instruments give super fine performance. and the JH 13 don't even have much base at all.

I have bought Senheser HD 800 and Corda Symphony 2 head amplifier.

As well as Amp3 player from China, and JH 13 custom earplugs from Jerry Harvey. Near August 2009.

Listening to both of those head sets with the Corda Symphony 2 head amp connected to my computer with a Variable Bit rate lassie recording.
1. There is no doubt in my mind now that the JH 13 have hardly any bass and that the sens have very adequate satisfying bass.

2. That female voice sang softly into microphone was as if singing really behind my head with the sens and it was not that intimate nor as extremely personal with JH 13

3. That the entire sound stage seemed deep wide and very seamless
extremely engaging and pleasing, with the Sens HD 800, but was narrower with seems and the depth and width was just so so nothing to brag about. The JH 13 are very accurate and serve me well in my driving but I have no interest in listening the them at home when I want a full range deep wide and pleasing sounds of near perfection from the sens.

I would give the sens and A rating that makes me never needing to look or lust for a different pair. While the JH 13 seemed a bit more solid state like and in comparison I would rate then as b or b-

I have never heard ear buds better but when comparing to the sens HD800 well they smoke the heck out of the JH 13

Last edited: