Send us money FAST!!!

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
The funerals have not even started yet, but the Florida colleges have already come up with a plan to prevent more tragedies. All we have to do is send 3.5 million dollars to them so they can implement these plans. I am sure similar things are happening all across the country.

I am sorry, but as bad as this attack was I don?t think we should respond by spending millions of extra dollars to schools across the country.
This was one isolated incident, but they act as if we should prepare for this thing to happen every week.

Instead of rushing to hand out money in an attempt to appear concerned and caring we should use a more pragmatic approach and work on long term ideas and solutions. We may need to spend more money on campus security, but let?s not do it in knee jerk fashion.
Colleges seek fast cash for safety

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
After 911 We rushed to spend money on anything and changed our laws like Whores also

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
The funerals have not even started yet, but the Florida colleges have already come up with a plan to prevent more tragedies. All we have to do is send 3.5 million dollars to them so they can implement these plans. I am sure similar things are happening all across the country.

I am sorry, but as bad as this attack was I don?t think we should respond by spending millions of extra dollars to schools across the country.
This was one isolated incident, but they act as if we should prepare for this thing to happen every week.

Instead of rushing to hand out money in an attempt to appear concerned and caring we should use a more pragmatic approach and work on long term ideas and solutions. We may need to spend more money on campus security, but let?s not do it in knee jerk fashion.

You are making some very good points and observations lately!!!

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

I am starting my ProfJohn for President campaign soon.

If you would like to help you can do so by sending money to this numbered bank account :D

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001

9/11 was just one incident, and by your logic we should not have rushed to war with Iran or passed the Patriot Act (a real example of knee jerk legislation if there ever was one), or spent the billions & billions of dollars in the name of homeland security.

Get a life!

Oct 25, 2006
The problem with this country is that even if we know there are people that are potential threats, and we see holes in security, we don't do anything until something bad happens, and then we pay 10 times more than what it would have cost to prevent the tragedy.

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: GroundedSailor

9/11 was just one incident, and by your logic we should not have rushed to war with Iran or passed the Patriot Act (a real example of knee jerk legislation if there ever was one), or spent the billions & billions of dollars in the name of homeland security.

Get a life!

9/11 was way more significant than this shooting...it tipped our economy into a small recession and destroyed one of New York's major landmarks, not to mention destroying billion dollar buildings.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
Why do you need to send money. These are upper crust rich white kids and parents.

I'm sure the school is offering them free counseling and assistance to get help.

I'm sure the school most likely has canceled the rest of the semester or is applying some sort of academic greivance based on this situation.

I'm sure considering that president bush visted the campus and expressed his fake concern he is going to cancel the tuition and student loans of most of the students even remotely involved in this shooting. Just like he did in Hurricane Katrina.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

Haha, you mean, we should rush in and blow endless amounts of cash like we did in Iraq? I'd rather see my cash go here for security here then in Iraq. I think it's a good idea, send em the money. Mater of fact send the states a few 10 billion each to get more cops on the streets. Hey, I'm all for keeping to money here we need it. Hell, a cops are so short here you can't even get one to come out when someone robs your house. You pretty much have to go to the station and file a complaint and all the tell you is...Boy I sure hope you have a good insurance policy. You think they will come out and get finger prints at the crime scene?

Let's spend some money in America.

Good points and observations! Haha, Thats a laugh... Your joking right?

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ntdz
Originally posted by: GroundedSailor

Get a life!

9/11 was way more significant than this shooting...it tipped our economy into a small recession and destroyed one of New York's major landmarks, not to mention destroying billion dollar buildings.

I agree. But on the other hand it's only a matter of scale, the principle is the same.

And I was only following PJ line of thinking to highlight how ridiculous it is.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Pabster
I am starting my ProfJohn for President campaign soon.

:thumbsup:

Dave isn't gonna be happy with some competition. :laugh:

Except I think Dave is actually serious. shrugs :)