Senators say Bush team miscalculated on Iraq

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: Zebo
Originally posted by: XZeroII
OMG! A human being made a mistake! FLOG HIM!

I won't even try to make a reply to this because everyone knows you spend all day simply reading liberal news and bashing Bush. Rational thoughts are rejected by your brain before they can even begin to materialize. All you can do is parrot what your liberal news stories are saying and ignore everything else.

ahh the intractable flag-waving loyalty of repunks, how nice. It it was'nt deviod of any substance it might be laudable. Then you adhom the messenger. I guess all thats left is to muddy the waters with a Clinton reference to make you a complete loudmouth incomprehensible asshole devoid of a substantive post. zKeep trying.

I'm ignoring every post which contains the words "Bush bashing" or words to that effect from now on. Once that cry is uttered in defence of Bush you can be sure all mental activity has ceased in the mind of the person who uttered it.

I'm going to ignore all posts made by BOBDN. Once he posts, you can be sure that his post will be nothing but biased liberal propeganda. All he does is read liberal news articles that are anti-bush and ignores everything else (God forbid he would try to get BOTH sides of a story). You are a Bush basher by definition, so your rejection of that phrase shows your inablity to accept reality. You just ignore anything that you don't like or contradicts your viewpoint.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

I won't even try to make a reply to this because everyone knows you spend all day simply reading liberal news and bashing Bush. Rational thoughts are rejected by your brain before they can even begin to materialize. All you can do is parrot what your liberal news stories are saying and ignore everything else.

ahh the intractable flag-waving loyalty of repunks, how nice. It it was'nt deviod of any substance it might be laudable. Then you adhom the messenger. I guess all thats left is to muddy the waters with a Clinton reference to make you a complete loudmouth incomprehensible asshole devoid of a substantive post. zKeep trying.

I'm ignoring every post which contains the words "Bush bashing" or words to that effect from now on. Once that cry is uttered in defence of Bush you can be sure all mental activity has ceased in the mind of the person who uttered it.

As will I with all posts that contain "YABA" in them.;)

You are no better than anyone else here - especially when it comes to ignorant posts. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about Iraq, Bush, politics - YOURS aren't "better", "more informed", or "open minded" than anyone else's. To claim that YOUR opinions are such, is quite arrogant and ignorant - something you seem to claim "the other guy" does. Check yourself.

CkG

I never suggested I was any better than anyone else. Where would you get such an idea?

As for better informed or whatever so far the folks who have opposed Bush rather than defend him have been right about everything.

Unnecessary invasion based on false evidence.

No WMD.

No terrorist threat.

No nuclear material.

Bush's war will cost us hundreds of billions.

Bush's war will exacerbate the terrorist threat.

The US can't handle the job without the UN and NATO.

What have you and Bush been right about? "Bring it on?"

Show me one argument that you had against the war - BEFORE it happened that has now been PROVEN wrong. The ones you list weren't arguments BEFORE the war;)

This should be interesting:p

CkG
I'm with BOBDN on this one, you've gone over the edge. All of these issues were raised before the war. Denying it is like tcsenter claiming Bush never tried to link Iraq to 9/11. No difference of opinion there, just flat wrong.

I provided six or eight links to articles, all published before the invasion, that discussed some of these issues. The oldest was July 2002, IIRC. I think I copied them all into the thread titled "A chronicle: Media begin to question Bush's honesty" or something like that. Do a search on "chronicle" if you actually care to see that you're wrong.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Gee, where'd CkG go?

Some of us work..to pay for your "retirement benefits"
rolleye.gif

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Gee, where'd CkG go?

Some of us work..to pay for your "retirement benefits"
rolleye.gif

CkG

Well what the hell are you doing on this forum? Get your a$$ back to work. My retirement ain't cheap. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Bowfinger

You are no better than anyone else here - especially when it comes to ignorant posts. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about Iraq, Bush, politics - YOURS aren't "better", "more informed", or "open minded" than anyone else's. To claim that YOUR opinions are such, is quite arrogant and ignorant - something you seem to claim "the other guy" does. Check yourself.

CkG

I never suggested I was any better than anyone else. Where would you get such an idea?

As for better informed or whatever so far the folks who have opposed Bush rather than defend him have been right about everything.

No WMD.

No terrorist threat.

No nuclear material.

Show me one argument that you had against the war - BEFORE it happened that has now been PROVEN wrong. The ones you list weren't arguments BEFORE the war;)

CkG
I'm with BOBDN on this one, you've gone over the edge. All of these issues were raised before the war. Denying it is like tcsenter claiming Bush never tried to link Iraq to 9/11. No difference of opinion there, just flat wrong.

I provided six or eight links to articles, all published before the invasion, that discussed some of these issues. The oldest was July 2002, IIRC. I think I copied them all into the thread titled "A chronicle: Media begin to question Bush's honesty" or something like that. Do a search on "chronicle" if you actually care to see that you're wrong.

OK, lets take these one at a time - AGAIN.

Unnecessary invasion based on false evidence. This is a blanket statement of OPINION which is riddled with holes;)

No WMD. - Mind telling me which people were stating this? Or is it just a convenient accusation NOW;)

No terrorist threat. - Are you still not accepting that Saddam paid for suicide bombers and blatantly called for more?

No nuclear material. - huh? what have you proved? Have we not found evidence of a Nuclear program(which was supposed to be TOTALLY destroyed - research, equipment, etc)? BTW - I do believe Nuclear was billed as a "program";)

Bush's war will cost us hundreds of billions. - Oh boy, yippie - you "proved" the obvious:p Are you nuts? Didn't you people blast Cheney or Rummy about not giving an estimate on the cost? -you think this "proved" something? - absurd. War isn't cheap - nobody said it wasn't going to be expensive.

Bush's war will exacerbate the terrorist threat. - BUahahaha...I thought just a few characters ago in your post you claimed there was no "terrorist threat";) But anyway - care to show how this "threat" has been "exacerbated"? So they hate us - yeah - they hated us before:p Do you suppose we go give them hugs instead of bullet?

The US can't handle the job without the UN and NATO. - Did we not try go through the UN? Have we ever stopped asking nations for help? Did we not have 30+ Nations in our INTERNATIONAL COALITION? The US and Allies can handle the job though and are doing a good job. Nothing is easy - and we will and are welcoming any help that people provide.

"some" of these things were brought up before the war;)
rolleye.gif
Now care to PROVE those came true? WMDs? yep - haven't found them...that we know about. Maybe we won't - but remember - we didn't "make up those claims". Everyone took WMDs and ran with it. Go back and read what Bush said about them before the WAR. Not just chopped up quotes - the FULL quotes. You will see that you have twisted and skewed the context of many of them - including those "16 words".

Now again - you haven't PROVED the war was all based on lies - only your narrow twisted perception of what this war was based on. You intense desire to demonize Bush has clouded your thinking. It is funny to see all the "conspiracy" spins that you people come up with, though. Everything is Bush's fault
rolleye.gif
Yup - he's a moron....but yet he is this grand schemer hell bent on world destruction.:p You people crack me up...no really - I damn near fall out of my chair reading this forum sometimes:p

Oh well - you'll believe what you want - you'll hate what and who you want - you'll once again be disappointed when Bush wins in '04. Guess you'd better pack your bags and get out of here before Bush "ruins your life";)

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

CkG

No WMD.

No terrorist threat.

No nuclear material.

CkG

Unnecessary invasion based on false evidence. This is a blanket statement of OPINION which is riddled with holes;)

No WMD. - Mind telling me which people were stating this? Or is it just a convenient accusation NOW;)

No terrorist threat. - Are you still not accepting that Saddam paid for suicide bombers and blatantly called for more?

No nuclear material. - huh? what have you proved? Have we not found evidence of a Nuclear program(which was supposed to be TOTALLY destroyed - research, equipment, etc)? BTW - I do believe Nuclear was billed as a "program";)

Bush's war will cost us hundreds of billions. - Oh boy, yippie - you "proved" the obvious:p Are you nuts? Didn't you people blast Cheney or Rummy about not giving an estimate on the cost? -you think this "proved" something? - absurd. War isn't cheap - nobody said it wasn't going to be expensive.

Bush's war will exacerbate the terrorist threat. - BUahahaha...I thought just a few characters ago in your post you claimed there was no "terrorist threat";) But anyway - care to show how this "threat" has been "exacerbated"? So they hate us - yeah - they hated us before:p Do you suppose we go give them hugs instead of bullet?

The US can't handle the job without the UN and NATO. - Did we not try go through the UN? Have we ever stopped asking nations for help? Did we not have 30+ Nations in our INTERNATIONAL COALITION? The US and Allies can handle the job though and are doing a good job. Nothing is easy - and we will and are welcoming any help that people provide.

rolleye.gif
Now care to PROVE those came true? WMDs? yep - haven't found them...that we know about. Maybe we won't - but remember - we didn't "make up those claims". Everyone took WMDs and ran with it. Go back and read what Bush said about them before the WAR. Not just chopped up quotes - the FULL quotes. You will see that you have twisted and skewed the context of many of them - including those "16 words".

Now again - you haven't PROVED the war was all based on lies - only your narrow twisted perception of what this war was based on. You intense desire to demonize Bush has clouded your thinking. It is funny to see all the "conspiracy" spins that you people come up with, though. Everything is Bush's fault
rolleye.gif
Yup - he's a moron....but yet he is this grand schemer hell bent on world destruction.:p You people crack me up...no really - I damn near fall out of my chair reading this forum sometimes:p

Oh well - you'll believe what you want - you'll hate what and who you want - you'll once again be disappointed when Bush wins in '04. Guess you'd better pack your bags and get out of here before Bush "ruins your life";)

CkG

You are a complete moron and there is absolutely no help for you. Your argument is without merit or logic. You just keep making the same excuses for the Bush administration's screw ups in total disregard for the truth. You are delusional and a waste of time. When this entire sorry episode comes crashing down around all of us you'll still make excuses and deny the truth.

I'm not packing my bags and going anywhere. America is my home.

I've always been of the opinion that the first people who should be told to leave America are those who suggest anyone else should.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

No WMD.

No terrorist threat.

No nuclear material.

CkG

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

CkG

You are a complete moron and there is absolutely no help for you. Your argument is without merit or logic. You just keep making the same excuses for the Bush administration's screw ups in total disregard for the truth. You are delusional and a waste of time. When this entire sorry episode comes crashing down around all of us you'll still make excuses and deny the truth.

I've always been of the opinion that the first people who should be told to leave America are those who suggest anyone else should.

Yep - can't back up your statements once again. Figures
rolleye.gif

Oh, and I didn't say you had to move - I just figured since Bush is SOOOOO bad and is going to ruin your life - that you might want to live someplace where he didn't "control" you.;)

:)

CkG

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
So is the question about who was saying there were no WMD in Iraq before the war going to be answered or not?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
So is the question about who was saying there were no WMD in Iraq before the war going to be answered or not?

Member states of the UN. The UN inspectors couldn't find any. The UN member states asked the Bush administration for the proof they claimed to have about Iraq's WMDs the inspectors who were there couldn't find.

The Bush administration wouldn't comply.

Perhaps some ginko biloba would aid your memory UQ. Does ginko biloba work on selective memory loss? :)

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Member states of the UN. The UN inspectors couldn't find any. The UN member states asked the Bush administration for the proof they claimed to have about Iraq's WMDs the inspectors who were there couldn't find.

Perhaps some ginko biloba would aid your memory UQ. Does ginko biloba work on selective memory loss? :)

Which member states said Iraq had no WMD?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

CkG

No WMD.

No terrorist threat.

No nuclear material.

CkG

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

CkG

rolleye.gif

Oh, and I didn't say you had to move - I just figured since Bush is SOOOOO bad and is going to ruin your life - that you might want to live someplace where he didn't "control" you.;)

CkG

My statements, unlike those of your fearless leader, have been "backed up" many times. You're just too damn stupid to recognize the answers when you see them.

Again, I'll stay here where my home is. Don't figure anything for me, thanks.

I'd much rather stay here and make sure people like you and Bush don't totally destroy my country.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

I don't have selective memory loss and I don't know (or care) what ginko biloba is. Whatever you're on appears to be detrimental to synaptic functions.
I'll repeat the question:

What countries, member states, whatever, said - before the war - that Iraq did not have WMD?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

My statements, unlike those of your fearless leader, have been "backed up" many times. You're just too damn stupid to recognize the answers when you see them.

I'd much rather stay here and make sure people like you and Bush don't totally destroy my country.

OK - suit yourself:)
Oh, and BTW - who is the President of "your" county;)

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

CkG

NOYFB

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

NOYFB

Huh? ;)

Nigel Oscar Yassir-Franklin-Brown?
Nathan 'O York From Brooklyn?
Nicholas O'reily Yoshiko-Fadyen-Bailey?

Buahahahaha!!!:D

CkG

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001

[
rolleye.gif

CkG

I thought the US was a democracy. What happens in a democracy is that when one believes the leader and/or leadership is SOOOOO bad then one works to make them lose the next election and put in leadership more suitable.

You must be thinking about a dictatorship where you have to love it or leave it since only war will remove the bad leader. Are you saying that Bush is a would be dictator CkG?:D

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

No WMD.

No terrorist threat.

No nuclear material.

Show me one argument that you had against the war - BEFORE it happened that has now been PROVEN wrong. The ones you list weren't arguments BEFORE the war ;)

CkG

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

CkG
Cad, I swear you get more shrill and irrelevant every day. You used to occasionally try staying on-topic and offering reasoned arguments. Now it seems you just grab some random unrelated thought and beat it senseless. I'm afraid I'm with BOBDN again; you're so disconnected from reality, there is no hope of getting any useful discussion with you. It's a shame; I know you used to have it in you.

I do want to point out just one little, inconvenient fact to you, however. About BOBDN's list, you said, "The ones you list weren't arguments BEFORE the war." Read that again. Do you see anything in your statement about whether BOBDN's arguments were proved? No, you just claim they were not arguments. Sheer nonsense.

You're wrong, plain and simple. Your whole, rambling rant of distortions and distractions, littered with way too many emoticons as usual, is completely unresponsive to both BOBDN and myself. My point (and I assume BOBDN's as well) is that claiming these weren't arguments is just nuts.

It's just like tcsenter's ridiculous claim that Bush didn't try to link his invasion to 9/11. Of course he did; it's indisputable. Therefore, I'll issue the same challenge to you: do you have the integrity to acknowledge your "mistake", or will you run from it like tcsenter? His credibility is shot. How about yours?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: wirelessenabled

rolleye.gif

CkG
[/i]

I thought the US was a democracy. What happens in a democracy is that when one believes the leader and/or leadership is SOOOOO bad then one works to make them lose the next election and put in leadership more suitable.

You must be thinking about a dictatorship where you have to love it or leave it since only war will remove the bad leader. Are you saying that Bush is a would be dictator CkG?:D

Ah yes - That's right;)...but Bush is going to be here for the next 5 years. Maybe BOBDN could just go on a vacation then:D:p
No Bush isn't a "would be dictator" - but listening to the leftists on here - they sure do make it sound like he is.

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
With a republican congress, a republican president and a republican court it seems all the power is vested in one party... this gives them the power to dictate the agenda.. that is what dictators do..

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Cad, I swear you get more shrill and irrelevant every day. You used to occasionally try staying on-topic and offering reasoned arguments. Now it seems you just grab some random unrelated thought and beat it senseless. I'm afraid I'm with BOBDN again; you're so disconnected from reality, there is no hope of getting any useful discussion with you. It's a shame; I know you used to have it in you.

I do want to point out just one little, inconvenient fact to you, however. About BOBDN's list, you said, "The ones you list weren't arguments BEFORE the war." Read that again. Do you see anything in your statement about whether BOBDN's arguments were proved? No, you just claim they were not arguments. Sheer nonsense.

You're wrong, plain and simple. Your whole, rambling rant of distortions and distractions, littered with way too many emoticons as usual, is completely unresponsive to both BOBDN and myself. My point (and I assume BOBDN's as well) is that claiming these weren't arguments is just nuts.

It's just like tcsenter's ridiculous claim that Bush didn't try to link his invasion to 9/11. Of course he did; it's indisputable. Therefore, I'll issue the same challenge to you: do you have the integrity to acknowledge your "mistake", or will you run from it like tcsenter? His credibility is shot. How about yours?

Shrill? hehe That's funny, considering the amount of rhetoric you and he post. "On-topic" ...right...I respond to each thread as it progresses - as do you and others. Take a look at the forum's thread topics once;) Most of them are just blatant Bush Bashing:D
Actually I was correct in stating that these weren't arguments before the war. Care to point out who said Iraq didn't have WMDs? Oh yeah....crickets;) I think you missed reading my whole post where I showed where his statements were wrong or unsupported - maybe you should go back and actually read that part.
No - I stick by my assessment of his spew, but I can see that some of them were legitimately "questions" before - like(if you actually read my post you'd see this) the "cost", but you didn't "win" that one - no one said it was going to be cheap:p
I think you need to chill out and reassess your positions Bow. You've latched onto this "hate machine" that Dean and his followers have boughten into. BOBDN is nothing more than a Bush hater and will stop at nothing to discredit Bush. I thought you were better than that...I guess not. Now if you wish to hole onto any thread of credibility you might of once had - I think you should actually step back, reset and clear your head then come back and analyze your former positions.

Meh - you probably won't, but at-least I tried. I'm not saying that you have to agree with me or you are stupid - I'm just saying that you've let yourself get caught up in the "hate spew" angle. Just some friendly advice.:)

CkG

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

Shrill? hehe That's funny, considering the amount of rhetoric you and he post. "On-topic" ...right...I respond to each thread as it progresses - as do you and others. Take a look at the forum's thread topics once;) Most of them are just blatant Bush Bashing:D
Actually I was correct in stating that these weren't arguments before the war. Care to point out who said Iraq didn't have WMDs? Oh yeah....crickets;) I think you missed reading my whole post where I showed where his statements were wrong or unsupported - maybe you should go back and actually read that part.
No - I stick by my assessment of his spew, but I can see that some of them were legitimately "questions" before - like(if you actually read my post you'd see this) the "cost", but you didn't "win" that one - no one said it was going to be cheap:p
I think you need to chill out and reassess your positions Bow. You've latched onto this "hate machine" that Dean and his followers have boughten into. BOBDN is nothing more than a Bush hater and will stop at nothing to discredit Bush. I thought you were better than that...I guess not. Now if you wish to hole onto any thread of credibility you might of once had - I think you should actually step back, reset and clear your head then come back and analyze your former positions.

Meh - you probably won't, but at-least I tried. I'm not saying that you have to agree with me or you are stupid - I'm just saying that you've let yourself get caught up in the "hate spew" angle. Just some friendly advice.:)

CkG
Caddie, you're quite a piece of work. Amid the usual distortions and distractions from the narrow point I raised, you actually manage to grudgingly sort of concede that the statement in question wasn't maybe actually completely accurate. Good enough for me, I'll let it go. That was my only point. You and I have beaten the rest to death and beyond many times. It's not a debate I care to join again tonight.

As far as my positions are concerned, they haven't changed a bit since I started posting in P&N. As you know, I have occasionally credited Bush when he's done something right (IMO). Nonetheless, I am 100% opposed to his approach to almost everything. I sincerely and honestly believe he is doing immense long-term damage to this country in almost everything he touches. As a patriotic American, I will continue to voice my concerns as long as he does. You obviously disagree, and that's your right. Come November, 2004, we'll see how the rest of America feels.

Have a good evening. At least we finally got some rain.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG
Caddie, you're quite a piece of work. Amid the usual distortions and distractions from the narrow point I raised, you actually manage to grudgingly sort of concede that the statement in question wasn't maybe actually completely accurate. Good enough for me, I'll let it go. That was my only point. You and I have beaten the rest to death and beyond many times. It's not a debate I care to join again tonight.

As far as my positions are concerned, they haven't changed a bit since I started posting in P&N. As you know, I have occasionally credited Bush when he's done something right (IMO). Nonetheless, I am 100% opposed to his approach to almost everything. I sincerely and honestly believe he is doing immense long-term damage to this country in almost everything he touches. As a patriotic American, I will continue to voice my concerns as long as he does. You obviously disagree, and that's your right. Come November, 2004, we'll see how the rest of America feels.

Have a good evening. At least we finally got some rain.

Yes - it rained here finally too. Now if you go back and read my post - I said that the "cost" factor was brought up - but it wasn't a real "argument". The admin stated that it didn't know how much. But at any rate the "list" BOBDN posted is hardly "actually completely accurate";).
Just trying to keep you grounded Bow - You've (IMO) taken a rather hardline approach lately -I was just hoping that you hadn't fallen into the "hater" trap:)
Oh and yes we will see in '04 - the Dems best find themselves some new dwarves otherwise it'll turn out like the last election we had that ended in a '4' ;)

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
CAD Said:
Oh and yes we will see in '04 - the Dems best find themselves some new dwarves otherwise it'll turn out like the last election we had that ended in a '4'

The 2000 election ended in a '4'. It was 5 to 4 and the USSC selected Bush.