Senators say Bush team miscalculated on Iraq

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
OMG! A human being made a mistake! FLOG HIM!

I won't even try to make a reply to this because everyone knows you spend all day simply reading liberal news and bashing Bush. Rational thoughts are rejected by your brain before they can even begin to materialize. All you can do is parrot what your liberal news stories are saying and ignore everything else.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: XZeroII

All you can do is parrot what your liberal news stories are saying and ignore everything else.

Hey, HE's GOT QUOTES TO PROVE IT!

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

I won't even try to make a reply to this because everyone knows you spend all day simply reading liberal news and bashing Bush. Rational thoughts are rejected by your brain before they can even begin to materialize. All you can do is parrot what your liberal news stories are saying and ignore everything else.

Listen genius. Backing into the garage before you open the door is a human being making a mistake. A waiter bringing you the wrong order is a human being making a mistake.

Starting an unnecessary war based on lies after being WARNED by millions of people as well as the majority of nations of the world which results in the deaths of US servicepeople, innocent Iraqi civilians at the cost of hundreds of billions of dollars isn't a human being making a mistake.

It's a human being purposely committing war crimes and misleading America.

And for you info the Star Ledger is and always has been a right of center publication. Just goes to show even the right wingers and Republican Senators can see what you imbeciles here who support Bush no matter what he does cannot see.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

All you can do is parrot what your liberal news stories are saying and ignore everything else.

Hey, HE's GOT QUOTES TO PROVE IT!

And what the hell do you have to prove anything other than your completly inane, idiotic re-posts?

Doctorate my A$$. You couldn't graduate grade school you moron.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
don't bother arguing with incompetents, bobdn... johngalt threated the secret service against me and i'm still here after weeks now!

you can't argue with hot air lol

Jan 12, 2003
Do you really care about the deaths of U.S. service members, Boobdn? ...need I post "da quotes?" Stick to what you do best: posting NYT articles and anti-Bush nonsense; leave the troops out of your drivel.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
A human being in such a position of power cannot afford to make such a mistake.

It comes with the job, you're not just any human being, you're a human being with the power to make influencial decisions that could have a profound affect on people and the state of other countries. You CANNOT afford to make big mistakes, hence why they have a large staff to help with intelligence and trying to avoid mistakes.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Lonyo

It comes with the job, you're not just any human being, you're a human being with the power to make influencial decisions that could have a profound affect on people and the state of other countries. You CANNOT afford to make big mistakes, hence why they have a large staff to help with intelligence and trying to avoid mistakes.

And how can you prove that it was a mistake to eject an evil dictator from power?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
don't bother arguing with incompetents, bobdn... johngalt threated the secret service against me and i'm still here after weeks now!

you can't argue with hot air lol

Watch yet tongue, sonny. He's got a screenshot and he's not afraid to use it. ;)

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003

And how can you prove that it was a mistake to eject an evil dictator from power?

There are dozen's of evil dictators in the world, this one happen to have oil. ;)

I agree with XZeroII, this wasn't a mistake but a cold calculated move to set up Dick Cheney's former company Halliburton, with big fat oil contracts.
Which they did. The administration couldn't care less about a few soldiers lives, they just would spin it so that the amount of lives loss seemed acceptable. Now the whole ruse is backfiring.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I think your title is wrong . . . or better yet Bush's critics are wrong.

Miscalculate implies they actually thought about the expense beforehand. Available evidence implies they decided to invade Iraq, spanked the money, and then called it a day.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

There are dozen's of evil dictators in the world, this one happen to have oil. ;)

I agree with XZeroII, this wasn't a mistake but a cold calculated move to set up Dick Cheney's former company Halliburton, with big fat oil contracts.
Which they did. The administration couldn't care less about a few soldiers lives, they just would spin it so that the amount of lives loss seemed acceptable. Now the whole ruse is backfiring.

Yea, Cheney is so in control of Haliburton right now ;) He knew that we would be elected vice president, because he is psyhic. The war isnt entirely based on oil. If it was, why didnt we buy it. Its would cheaper to buy it rather than invade. They've had WMD's in the past, Blix gave a B for the inspections.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The question now, it seems to me, is what to do now that we've been f*cked. Is there a way out for the US.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The question now, it seems to me, is what to do now that we've been f*cked. Is there a way out for the US.

Let leave the shitie muslims(sp?) to control the contrey. I am sure they'll get along with the rest of the other religous groups!

xochi

Jan 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Tabb
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Let leave the shitie muslims(sp?) to control the contrey. I am sure they'll get along with the rest of the other religous groups!

what choice do we have? If the true intention of the US was to liberate Iraq, then its up to the people to decide who runs the country. Unless, there was a hidden agenda to the occupation, i mean liberation........

:Q

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Bush excuse
MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - If you're bad at math, it may be because you have an abnormal brain.

Dyscalculia impairs a person's ability to learn mathematical skills. Sufferers have problems with adding, subtracting, mental arithmetic and other numerical tasks.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Right, right, too late now. If they were that concerned they never should have signed off last October. No arguments then.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

rolleye.gif

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Right, right, too late now. If they were that concerned they never should have signed off last October. No arguments then.

You cannot argue with that logic. The US Congress willingly gave Bush carte blanche . . . although I doubt the Constitution provides a mechanism for the legislature to cede its responsibilities to the executive. Regardless, if Bush is up to his chin then the Congress is definitely getting its lapels wet.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
It's sort of funny to hear Kerry bash the President now, when he was one of the members who signed off.

Spin baby, spin!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Bush excuse
MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - If you're bad at math, it may be because you have an abnormal brain.

Dyscalculia impairs a person's ability to learn mathematical skills. Sufferers have problems with adding, subtracting, mental arithmetic and other numerical tasks.
You intellectuals are too much for me. How do you explain the fact he can't talk then. I spose he's got dyslexia too. Great! It's way to damn complicated for my poor head. I prefer something simple like brain dead.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Yea, Cheney is so in control of Haliburton right now ;) He knew that we would be elected vice president, because he is psyhic. The war isnt entirely based on oil. If it was, why didnt we buy it. Its would cheaper to buy it rather than invade. They've had WMD's in the past, Blix gave a B for the inspections.
It is a fact, however, that Haliburton was wrongly given the contract for rebuilding Iraq's oil infrastructure. Once the contract was about 80% over, the government "realized" what a "mistake" they made and gave the rest (read: insignificant portion) of the business to other companies. Cheney may not control Haliburton, but family members may have investments in it. I don't know, but it seems highly suspicious that the government would "accidentally" give them so much money.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: rjain
It is a fact, however, that Haliburton was wrongly given the contract for rebuilding Iraq's oil infrastructure. Once the contract was about 80% over, the government "realized" what a "mistake" they made and gave the rest (read: insignificant portion) of the business to other companies. Cheney may not control Haliburton, but family members may have investments in it. I don't know, but it seems highly suspicious that the government would "accidentally" give them so much money.

Link?