Senator says Obama will lose because he doesn't love America

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: Dari
Last time I checked, the terrorists attacked the most liberal and progressive city in America, the Pentagon, and tried to attack the White House before being shot down in Pennsylvania. Nowhere did I see them trying to attack the Creationist Museum in Kansas or any other conservative symbol. So if you think liberals don't represent America, what does to you?
That is a dumb ass post.

Even for P&N. Is Lemon Law ghost writing for you now?

It's a gutter post and your side has been doing it for far too long. Just a heads up that I can play the same game.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Last time I checked, the terrorists attacked the most liberal and progressive city in America, the Pentagon, and tried to attack the White House before being shot down in Pennsylvania.

There was no evidence of fighter aircraft in the air.

Do you have evidence Flight 93 was shot down?

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
BTW your thread title is totally dishonest.

What is it with the trend of posting thread titles that totally distort what people say?

We learn from you.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: winnar111
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
No, he will lose because his boss Nancy Pelosi doesn't love America. Slight difference.
Don't project your hatred of America upon others.

Not my hatred, pal. People know what Berkeley and San Francisco values are.

Last time I checked, the terrorists attacked the most liberal and progressive city in America, the Pentagon, and tried to attack the White House before being shot down in Pennsylvania. Nowhere did I see them trying to attack the Creationist Museum in Kansas or any other conservative symbol. So if you think liberals don't represent America, what does to you?

They attacked our financial centers; you know, the ones that low taxes and free market economics have helped to build, and our military, which has been one of the most conservative Republican voting blocs for the last 30 years.

You act as if they went to New York to bomb Naral clinics and Bill Clinton's offices.

If liberalism is so bad, why is the financial capital in the most liberal part of the country? WHy are the intellectual centers in the most liberal part of the country? Why do tax dollars from the most liberal part of the country go to the most conservatives?

1. Because the entire western part of the United States didn't exist when this country was founded? The origins of the NY stock exchange date back to the early 1800s. George Washington might have chosen the site for our nation's capital hundreds of years ago, but he didn't do it because DC is the gun grabbing crime infested shithole it is today..

2. See 1, and let's not forget the ridiculous political positions of modern academia.

3 is obvious; its a result of 'progressive' taxation schemes.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Double Trouble
Originally posted by: Double Trouble
Hopefully he's right, but I doubt it. The economy and personality are the driving factors, everything else is just a bunch of political BS.

You hope he's right?

Yes, I hope he's right about Obama losing the election. The reason for the loss doesn't matter, but I hope McCain wins, simply because I think that's better for the country.

Like the last eight years were good for your country?

Is the concept of "sunk cost" foreign to you? I can't change the past 8 years, but in view of the options we have now, I'll take the old geezer over the "hope and change" liberal, if for nothing else than that the congress is going to be overwhelmingly democratic.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Coldkilla
I don't get why, if you hate America... why the hell do you live here? Why the hell do you go for public office? Why do you try to make peoples lives better? Because you hate America?

Stupid argument.
Too bad Martin Luther King Jr didn't just get the hell out of the country. Susan B. Anthony. Rosa Parks. Any of them who promoted change about something in America that they didn't like. Goddamn unpatriotic rabble-rousers should have stopped complaining and left the country.

You can like the concept of America, but be against the current establishment. That's when you try to bring about change to correct injustices, or to bring about change to improve life for the masses. I would think that doing so would be considered very patriotic, since it's ultimately done to improve the country, and the standard of living for its citizens.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Regardless of who wins the Presidential elections, it looks like, from the polling data posted, that Inhofe and Okie values will be returned to the Senate. At the same time, I would say San Fransisco and Berkley values will vote for the same people they did before. But by all accounts, if that is what we want to equate the conservative liberal split as, the Inhofe type voting block will be smaller and the Berkley type values
block will be larger.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
BTW your thread title is totally dishonest.

What is it with the trend of posting thread titles that totally distort what people say?

No distortion here...

"Do you really want to have a guy as commander in chief of this country when you can question whether or not he really loves his country?" he asked.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Homer, did he actually say "Obama doesn't love America" ??

If the title was:
Obama may lose because people question whether he loves America
then it would be at least a little honest.

Instead the OP put words into his mouth that he never said.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Stop being coy. You damn well know Inhoff was saying in his own way Obama does not love his country.

Remember this tactic,

Bush admin...
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11

George Bush...
We never said Sadam had anything to do with 9/11.

Politicians know masses of the public are not bright and his statement will be translated Obama hates America.

Why are there still lots of people (expecially in W. VA) who still think Obama is Muslim?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Stop being coy. You damn well know Inhoff was saying in his own way Obama does not love his country.

Remember this tactic,

Bush admin...
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11
Sadam....9/11

George Bush...
We never said Sadam had anything to do with 9/11.

Politicians know masses of the public are not bright and his statement will be translated Obama hates America.

Why are there still lots of people (expecially in W. VA) who still think Obama is Muslim?

"sigh" People remember the accusation better then its' negation.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
James Inhofe is a brain dead ultra right wingnut who epitomizes everything that's wrong with the Bushwhacko tyrannical assault on our Constitution and the American people.

Inhofe is a moral turd who was "more outraged by the outrage" over the torture committed at Abu Ghraib than he was at the crimes, themselves.

He's a social, moral and ethical retard who called the threat of catastrophic global warming the "greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people" and compared Al Gore's film, An Inconvenient Truth to Hitler?s Mein Kampf.

To anyone with an IQ greater than a grapefruit, any negative statement from a clown like James Inhofe can only work to Obama's advantage.

No offense intended to all the nice grapefruits among us. :)

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey
James Inhofe is a brain dead ultra right wingnut who epitomizes everything that's wrong with the Bushwhacko tyrannical assault on our Constitution and the American people.
Inhofe is a moral turd who was "more outraged by the outrage" over the torture committed at Abu Ghraib than he was at the crimes, themselves.
He's a social, moral and ethical retard who called the threat of catastrophic global warming the "greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people" and compared Al Gore's film, An Inconvenient Truth to Hitler?s Mein Kampf.
To anyone with an IQ greater than a grapefruit, any negative statement from a clown like James Inhofe can only work to Obama's advantage.
No offense intended to all the nice grapefruits among us. :)
I'm glad you clarified that last point, Harvey. If you'd let the comparison stand, I was going to rake you over the coals for citrus abuse.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Last time I checked, the terrorists attacked the most liberal and progressive city in America, the Pentagon, and tried to attack the White House before being shot down in Pennsylvania.

There was no evidence of fighter aircraft in the air.

Do you have evidence Flight 93 was shot down?

Not shot down, downed. Sorry.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
No, he will lose because his boss Nancy Pelosi doesn't love America. Slight difference.

Like Thomas Jefferson hated America for protesting Adams' putting people in jail for criticizing him and standing up for America's values, not her corrupt government.

The Repupblicans in many cases lack values, lack any real love for America or her values, they 'love America' in a way only that lets them use America as a justification for hating others, the way that some sick men 'love women' but try to control them and kill them in 'honor killings' if they commit adultery, etc. By telling themselves that the America-loving liberals who actually have values are the ones who 'hate America', they are the types who would gut America and strip her of what she is, rolling out the carpet for fascism.

They're just like the Nazi leaders who wrote to each other how they were the only 'real Germans' who loved and deserved Germany, disdaining the others.

The right wing has eroded from mostly wrong to more and more wrong to where it becomes little more than a force for evil, rationalized by the informed, others ignorant.

The Japanese didn't care who their military tortured as long as it wasn't them. Romans didn't worry a whole lot about the rights of the enemies they vanquished, only their own.

We have the same worthless, immoral breed now in this country - in stark contrast to the history of more respectable Republicans who defended America's values mattering to everyone around the world, at least in their speech if not policies at times. This worthless group who confuse the superficial things of America - flag, pledge of allegiance, national anthem, for which they'll get all teary eyed and demand lapel pins - with the VALUES of America, for which they are indifferent at best, often ignorant, and opposed when pressed.

That is the behavior of fascists, worshipping the nation not for its values but simply as more power for them. The patriots are those who stand for the country, against them.

That's a lot of what fascism is - mob menality gone so large that the people have no real challenge to it, where it matters little if the leaders are manipulating or demagogues.

Our very structure of two main parties guarantees that many thousands directly depend on the success of party, and many many billions it controls the spending of mean many more depend indirectly, and that there will be a passionate pursuit of power by the party, not any sort of rational consideration of when the 'party goes wrong'. Party power > good policy; good policy is mainly useful for its use in getting votes that helps get power.

This institutionalization of corruption threatens the nation's ability for the 'people to rule', as only candidates of the two big parties who accept big corporate many have a chance.

And because the people are somewhat aware of that, the candidates use the issue of wanting 'change' for their own campaigns, leaving the outsiders who might really bring some change all competing with one other splitting the vote into 20 votes for one issue's candidate and 40 votes for another.

What if things got so corrupt that for a few years, the powerful took all the nation's economic growth for themselves denying any to the bottom 80% and almost any to the bottom 95%, while the top 0.01% went up hundreds of percent? Would that become so obvious that people would revolt? No, I can say, not as speculation, but as a matter of history because for the first time in American history that's happened - not recently, but for the last 25 years, and yet have probably 2% of voters with much idea it's happening.

And what happens when the corrupt powers each have their finger in the cookie jar? They don't let go, they keep grabbing cookies while the nation goes from being the world's largest creditor with a prospering middle class to the world's largest debtor, bankrupt in effect, dependant on investment from Asia, while domestic idiots blather about whether one of the two main candidates love their country and actually vote over such nonsense.

Such an incometent citizenry cannot continue to demand the right to rule. Currently, there's a courtesy where the powerful have in effect taken over that power, but continue to pretend the people rule, the way Tony Soprano sometimes was 'courteous' in pretending that Junior was still the boss, but it was inevitable that there would be conflict and Junior would end up in the nursing home he did, and the next steps are not good for the American people, as the powerful form global organizations with the 'real power'.

People can look back to this era as when Junior could still have had Tony shot (as he tried to), but did not, and the power shifted more and more to the few.

John McCain and George Bush should no more be serious candidates for the presidency than a communist. It's only testament to the power of the few that they are.

Fannie Mae taken over today by the government at the height of these corrupt policies, when it's worked since 1938 previously - and people don't notice the reason.

No, it's just 'some problem' not directly resulting from the corrupt policies of the right wing that has had power for the most part since 1981.

The fix: John McCain.

That's the fallacy people fall for, though. When Reagan's tax cuts cause big economic problems, the fix: bigger tax cuts. When Pinochet took power and let the American 'Chicago Boys' of Milton Friedman implement their ideology for a nation, and every prediction went disastrous and the public revolted and thousand had to be killed to keep them in power, the response by the Chicago Boys was that the measures needed to be increased further. It's nuts.

Evey step along the way as Hitler rose and he made the nation prosperous based on an ecnomy that needed to conquer, was that the fix was to conquer more.

These policies don't necessarily lead as his did to ruin militarily; they can simply result in the ruin of the middle class, a reversion to greatly concentrated wealth, with most poor.

The people who are so lazy and ignorant as to say that Obama's feelings for America are the issue this campaign are really, in effect, enemies of America.

The fact that their motives are not to destroy America doesn't change the result. They could go read books; they don't.

I've never seen one-right-winger here yet who has read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man", "The Shock Doctrine", or Thom Hartmann's "Screwed".

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

They attacked our financial centers; you know, the ones that low taxes and free market economics have helped to build, and our military, which has been one of the most conservative Republican voting blocs for the last 30 years.

You act as if they went to New York to bomb Naral clinics and Bill Clinton's offices.

low taxes and free market economics huh? any more stupid slogans that don't represent reality that you would like to mention? how about the laffer curve, thats one of my favorites?

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

If liberalism is so bad, why is the financial capital in the most liberal part of the country? WHy are the intellectual centers in the most liberal part of the country? Why do tax dollars from the most liberal part of the country go to the most conservatives?

1. Because the entire western part of the United States didn't exist when this country was founded? The origins of the NY stock exchange date back to the early 1800s. George Washington might have chosen the site for our nation's capital hundreds of years ago, but he didn't do it because DC is the gun grabbing crime infested shithole it is today..

2. See 1, and let's not forget the ridiculous political positions of modern academia.

3 is obvious; its a result of 'progressive' taxation schemes.

in the last 20 years of 'low taxes' and opposition to porgressive taxation in government, New York declined from the world financial capital to something like #3, behind london, which is a country with more progressive taxation than here.

BTW i was in dc 2 years ago it it was a much nicer and cleaner town than people had been trying to make it out.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

low taxes and free market economics huh? any more stupid slogans that don't represent reality that you would like to mention?

You have to ask? Of *course* there are.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008

in the last 20 years of 'low taxes' and opposition to porgressive taxation in government, New York declined from the world financial capital to something like #3, behind london, which is a country with more progressive taxation than here.

BTW i was in dc 2 years ago it it was a much nicer and cleaner town than people had been trying to make it out.

Is that why London is slashing their capital gains tax rates?

http://findarticles.com/p/arti..._20071017/ai_n21050175

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Just remember before the 2006 change of majority party in the Senate, Inhofe was a very powerful committee chair. Sometimes its hard to tell our nation's leaders apart from the mentally ill vagrants in the subway.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

low taxes and free market economics huh? any more stupid slogans that don't represent reality that you would like to mention? how about the laffer curve, thats one of my favorites?

Isn't it strange that these horrible 'liberal' cities in the US are always the wealthiest and most economically productive centers of this country? And that it's the 'conservative' rural areas that are always living off the taxes of the 'liberal' urban areas?

Anyway, AQ didn't attack rural American because that would be too much like attacking themselves. Peas in a pod.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Time for Obama to make another speech about loving his country.

Just because the people all around him hate America doesn't mean he feels the same.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Maybe Inhofe sees anti-americanism everywhere because he's looking in a mirror?

In March 2002, Inhofe also made a speech before the U.S. Senate that included the explicit suggestion that the 9/11 attacks were a form of divine retribution against the U.S. for failing to defend Israel. In his words: "One of the reasons I believe the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America is that the policy of our Government has been to ask the Israelis, and demand it with pressure, not to retaliate in a significant way against the terrorist strikes that have been launched against them."

Yay! The US deserved 9/11 b/c we tell Israel not to commit mass murder! What a douche.

And a bigot.

"...As you see here, and I think this is maybe the most important prop we?ll have during the entire debate, my wife and I have been married 47 years. We have 20 kids and grandkids. I'm really proud to say that in the recorded history of our family, we've never had a divorce or any kind of homosexual relationship."

And he's a real Christian. One that believes in what Jesus taught. If Jesus taught torture.

"Inhofe was one of only nine senators to vote against the Detainee Treatment Act of 2005 banning torture on individuals in U.S. Government custody."

And he's really for education, except when he's against it.

"Inhofe was one of 12 senators who voted against a 2007 bill to cut interest rates on student loans in half from 6.8% to 3.4%. The bill passed 79-12."

Someone needs to show how much they love this country by removing this guy from it. He's against tolerance, peace, and education. But he wears a flag pin!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Is that why London is slashing their capital gains tax rates?

http://findarticles.com/p/arti..._20071017/ai_n21050175

I know you aren't interested, but from what to what? 10 to 5? 100 to 90?