Senator Lugar says "We may have to fight Hamas . . ."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Our war is on terrorism, not just terrorism against US or their interests.

If the hamas keeps up the crap and is so intent on ruining any peace treaty between Israel and Palestinem I say kill those little fvcktards
so.. kill those who come in way of the peace process?

Sure and that includes the warmongers in Israel(not all just those that would like to see Palestine pushed into the sea, same as those Palestinians that get their jollies out of killing Israeli's) as well

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
moon, a known terrorist is not the same thing as an innocent freedom fighter, with innocent being the key word, I'm sure most of the people the Nazi's killed were guilty of something, but doubt they deserved that.
----------------------------
You don't understand how Dari's reality works, Alistar. When you say a known terrorist isn't the same as an innocent freedom fighter how do you know? Dari knows. Don't tell me you do too? Dari says the rules change with threat. Something threatens me, it's evil right? You can have a great discussion without the slightest idea what anybody means. Define terrorist and freedom fighter for me. I know Reagan had a real problem there. :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
MB,

Define terrorist and freedom fighter for me. I know Reagan had a real problem there.

Freedom fighters are your terrorist and terrorist is their freedom fighter... and I forgot the rest.;)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Originally posted by: konichiwa
Originally posted by: Dari
liquidate as many of these terrorists as is humanely possible

Haha. A Freudian slip in its purest form.

Well, I understand the old German gas chambers could be restored. Nothing like German engineering for efficiency.

Only you would compare the senseless killing of innocent jews, gypies, and others to the liquidation of known terrorists. Your simplicity amazes me.

Ahh. Simplicity that catches your eye. Has it occured that those "innocents" you mentioned were not that in the eyes of the Nazis? What happened in Nazi Germany was that people with power decided to use it too freely. There was no restraint. People there decided to eliminate people who were viewed as a threat. Humanely? Hardly. You just desire to go in and kindly kill. No, that is not quite right. Your want someone to do it for your own purposes. You, the judge and jury.

I wonder how many you have seen die? No, not on TV. Real blood on your hands (literally). Since death happens, perhaps it will someday when you are there. Maybe you would be in less of a rush to deal it out afterwards.

Simplicity. Yes, I know nothing, and am quite the fool. I realize there is so much I do not know. I am not qualified to mete out "justice" indiscriminately. I am stupid enough to realize that one day you who cry out for justice, will cry for mercy instead. I marvel at your wisdom.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

If the hamas keeps up the crap and is so intent on ruining any peace treaty between Israel and Palestinem I say kill those little fvcktards

Czar, What is your solution? Preace between Israel and the Arab nations and a productive and stable Palestinian state are goals well worth striving for So what is your solution to a group that declares that is not acceptable? How would you deal with them?

You say that fighting them is not the solution, well what is?

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Originally posted by: etech

Czar, What is your solution? Preace between Israel and the Arab nations and a productive and stable Palestinian state are goals well worth striving for So what is your solution to a group that declares that is not acceptable? How would you deal with them?

Israel has been fighting them for years, which now seems counter productive due to the collateral damage to the Palestinian civillian population. The deaths of others makes Israel look like the bad one in these situations and creates support for the terrorist. If the Israelis used alternative methods, such as a system of rewards and punishments, it can turn the general Palestinian population against the terrorist. Ex: Israel opens free clinics (or some other aid service) for Palestinians, when the terrorist attack, close the clinics and claim it is too dangerous to keep them open due to terrorist activity. The Palestinians would not like this, and see the terrorist as the one who are ruinning everything and Hamas will lose financial and popular support, it would be more difficult for them to recruit new members and eventually this movement will die off.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Zrom999

Israel has been fighting them for years, which now seems counter productive due to the collateral damage to the Palestinian civillian population. The deaths of others makes Israel look like the bad one in these situations and creates support for the terrorist. If the Israelis used alternative methods, such as a system of rewards and punishments, it can turn the general Palestinian population against the terrorist. Ex: Israel opens free clinics (or some other aid service) for Palestinians, when the terrorist attack, close the clinics and claim it is too dangerous to keep them open due to terrorist activity. The Palestinians would not like this, and see the terrorist as the one who are ruinning everything and Hamas will lose financial and popular support, it would be more difficult for them to recruit new members and eventually this movement will die off.

Hamas has been fighting them for years, which now seems counter productive due to the deliberate damage to the Israeli civilian population. The deaths of those makes the Palestinians look like the the bad one in these situations and creates support for the hard liners in the Israeli government....

If Hamas would have only agreed to the cease-fire...

If.....

Off subject, but I always wondered what would have happened if the other Arab nations would have allowed the Palestinians to immigrate instead of keeping them locked up in camps for so many years.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003

Hamas has been fighting them for years, which now seems counter productive due to the deliberate damage to the Israeli civilian population. The deaths of those makes the Palestinians look like the the bad one in these situations and creates support for the hard liners in the Israeli government....

If Hamas would have only agreed to the cease-fire...

If.....

Off subject, but I always wondered what would have happened if the other Arab nations would have allowed the Palestinians to immigrate instead of keeping them locked up in camps for so many years.

Wow, you equated Hamas with the Israeli gov't, never thought I would see the day... I'm glad you disapprove of the Israeli tactics and see that Israeli hardliners are just as bad. Fighting has solved nothing for either side, and continued fighting will not solve anything in the future.

This is an example of what would have happened if the other Arab nations allowed the Palestinians in:
During the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, Lebanon gave verbal support to the Arab effort against Israel but did not become involved in any military action. After that, however, Lebanon's position became increasingly difficult because of the activities against Israel of Palestinian terrorists based in Lebanon. Israel repeatedly accused Lebanon of not doing enough to control the terrorists, and in 1968 Israeli forces began a series of reprisals against Palestinian strongholds in Lebanon. In 1969 fighting broke out between the Lebanese army and the Palestinian commandos after the government had threatened to limit the latter's activity.

After the bloody suppression in 1970?71 of the guerrillas in Jordan, large numbers of Palestinians fled into S Lebanon and Beirut. Again in 1972 heavy fighting took place between the Lebanese army and the Palestinians. Anti-Israeli terrorist attacks continued into the 1970s, and Israel continued its attacks on Palestinian guerrilla bases in S Lebanon. Lebanon did not enter the Oct., 1973, Arab-Israeli War, nor did the Lebanese army interfere with Palestinian guerrillas operating in S Lebanon.
Source

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This is an example of what would have happened if the other Arab nations allowed the Palestinians in:

Even the other Arab countries could not live with the Palestinian terrorists without resorting to battle. Sort of shows the problems that Israel has had to deal with doesn't it?

Actually I was referring to 1948-49 when the Palestinians were put into the camps and kept there by the other Arab countries. Of course by the time of the incidents that you mention they were somewhat, shall we say, upset.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003

Even the other Arab countries could not live with the Palestinian terrorists without resorting to battle. Sort of shows the problems that Israel has had to deal with doesn't it?

Actually I was referring to 1948-49 when the Palestinians were put into the camps and kept there by the other Arab countries. Of course by the time of the incidents that you mention they were somewhat, shall we say, upset.

If a large force, or refugees fleeing another country enters another country, it is bound to cause trouble one way or another. This quality is not limited to Palestinians. Other countries have had problems with refugees.

Macro2

Diamond Member
May 20, 2000
RE:"The Jewish lobby owns Washington. Further proof. No other country buys as much influence as they do."

Ta Da....

The real joke is that Bush is a great defender of Isreal but most Jews are democrats and would just as soon vote him out of office, Particularly New Yorkers.

Hillary, on the other hand has said lots of pro palestinian stuff but gets a pass with New York Jewish voters because shes a Democrat.

Go figure....

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Yeah, well I saw that comment before too and passed on it because it's poping up so often on the forum it's boring.

Before you point the finger at the "Jewish" lobby, you should look more at the right-wing conservative Christian lobby, who's so "pro-Israel" (even moreso than the "Jewish" lobby) it's creepy. I know it has something to do with Revelations and the Second Coming, but I'm not up on my Dogma so you'll have to excuse me.

That is why Lugar and other Republicans make these strange comments, not because of the "Jewish cabal" who secretly rule Washington.
rolleye.gif

Frankly, most American Jews are long since assimilated and don't even practice or care very much about Israel at all. Yes, I know, disappointing to all the conspiracy theorists out there, but that's how it is.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

If a large force, or refugees fleeing another country enters another country, it is bound to cause trouble one way or another. This quality is not limited to Palestinians. Other countries have had problems with refugees.

They weren't entering from another country. There has never been a country called Palestine. It's common convention to call them that and I use the term but it's not fully correct. But the point is, the other Arab countries never tried in any way to assimilate the refugees.

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Macro2
RE:"The Jewish lobby owns Washington. Further proof. No other country buys as much influence as they do."

Ta Da....

The real joke is that Bush is a great defender of Isreal but most Jews are democrats and would just as soon vote him out of office, Particularly New Yorkers.

Hillary, on the other hand has said lots of pro palestinian stuff but gets a pass with New York Jewish voters because shes a Democrat.

Go figure....

So American jews vote based on domestic Issues.

How does that fit with the secret Jewish cabal that runs Washington ?

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
I am Sharon and company would love to see US troops doing their dirty work for them.
rolleye.gif

Bullshit.

Israel has always opposed the placament of any foreign forces in the region.

The idea that an American force would be better at fighting Islamic Jihad and ell, is laughable.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Vernor
I am Sharon and company would love to see US troops doing their dirty work for them.
rolleye.gif

Bullshit.

Israel has always opposed the placament of any foreign forces in the region.

The idea that an American force would be better at fighting Islamic Jihad and ell, is laughable.

we are just more visibly obvious targets.

heres a question, has Hamas ever committed an act of terrorism in an area Israel legally occupies? if they have limited themselves to only attacking in areas that Israel has taken control over there might be an easy solution...

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
Hamas's goal is the destruction of Israel.

They will blow up a jew anywhere, anytime.