Senate may force Trump to turn over tax returns

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Is the IRS prohibited from referring criminal activities to the FBI? I would think Trump wouldn't have incriminating evidence on the tax forms. I don't doubt his taxes contain proof of him lying about things but I doubt they are linked to criminal behavior.

What was pointed out to me when I made that reply is that a Congressional subpoena is different from others. A common misconception is that if you receive a subpoena, you must comply or it is a crime. That's not true. You must respond or it's a crime. But you can contest a subpoena and a court would have to decide if (e.g.) probable cause exists. If you are ordered to do something by a court, then failure to comply is a crime (contempt).

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I know, I’ve heard about all these horrible crimes. I’m waiting for the Justice Department that the President appointed, judges that the President appointed, Senate that is Republican controlled and House which is Republican controlled to do something
None of that matters when Obama controls the derp state.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So when is Hillary and her cohorts going to jail?

Sorry to hear about your brain damage ..

rodriguez.jpg

.. just walk it off bro. Walk it off.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I'm just happy that the GOP is finally pushing for a special counsel to investigate the special counsel.

And if that doesn't work they will appoint a special counsel to investigate that special counsel! Eventually they will get one that will do what they want instead of hiding behind triggering snowflake PC garbage words like 'reasonable' and 'evidence'.

Reactions: TeeJay1952