Senate Confirms Another Trump Court Pick Rated 'Not Qualified' To Serve - Fifth one so far in the cheeto era

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Moscow Mitch goes the extra yard to pack the orange pus bag's court picks, with nominees that aren't qualified for the
forever, Federal bench.

This time, is was a lawyer that clerked for Boof Kavenaugh and it seems that Moscow Mitch was the guy that nominated him.
He is a Federalist member just like Boof and the fact that he has a Not-Qualified rating by the ABA doesn't seem to
matter to Moscow Mitch.

"Walker’s ascension marks the fifth time that Republicans have confirmed one of President Donald Trump’s court picks
who earned a “not qualified” rating from the ABA.

Others include U.S. Circuit Judge Leonard Steven Grasz, who the ABA concluded was “unable to separate his role as an
advocate from that of a judge,
” given his strong anti-LGBTQ and anti-abortion views; U.S. District Judge Charles Goodwin,
who the ABA said lacked the ability to fulfill the demands of a federal judge given his frequent absence from the
courthouse in his former role as a magistrate judge; and U.S. Circuit Judge Jonathan Kobes, who the ABA found
“was unable to provide sufficient writing samples of the caliber required
” of a circuit judge."

In the 8 years that Obama was president, he did not nominate one person to be a Federal judge who had a not-qualified
ABA rating.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
wonder how hard it'll to remove these unqualified judges after the fact.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Having the correct right wing ideology is the only qualification necessary to the GOP Senate. They're not even pretending anymore. Fuck you, Libtards.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If I ever I had to stand in front of one of those judges, the first thing I'd ask them is if I could stand in front of a real judge instead of them because The Bar Assoc. said they're unqualified to serve and I found out that they're conservative political hacks chosen for their fealty to right wing religious activists.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If I ever I had to stand in front of one of those judges, the first thing I'd ask them is if I could stand in front of a real judge instead of them because The Bar Assoc. said they're unqualified to serve and I found out that they're conservative political hacks chosen for their fealty to right wing religious activists.
Enjoy your time in jail.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Enjoy your time in jail.

My lawyer would plead temporary insanity and he'd be wrong because my condition is chronic or at least that's what my wife and children tell me, or he'd argue over my right to demand another venue. Either way I'd still collect my pensions and I'd be able to be with some of my childhood friends that I haven't seen since they got slammed. :D

• Haha

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
That's not really true-

There was a recent poll this week, that I saw on MSNBC I think, that has white evangelical support for Trump @ 99%. Didn't hear where the poll was from. The reason claimed was the judges he's picked, maybe right, maybe not. It's not because of his moral values that's for sure.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There was a recent poll this week, that I saw on MSNBC I think, that has white evangelical support for Trump @ 99%. Didn't hear where the poll was from. The reason claimed was the judges he's picked, maybe right, maybe not. It's not because of his moral values that's for sure.

You'd think Evangelicals would know not to make a deal with the Devil. Apparently not.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
You'd think Evangelicals would know not to make a deal with the Devil. Apparently not.
I think their reasoning is that Trump won't be there forever and trying to end abortion and fight for religion to make it's way back into schools, etc. are worth "selling their souls".

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Make no mistake. This is why (or part of why) McConnell puts up with Trump. There is no way in hell any other President regardless of party nominates transparently underqualified stooges to make political rulings and facilitate cases to the Supreme Court to revisit Roe v. Wade, etc. This is how they are subverting separation of powers in a way that is very difficult to undo. No one else, should they be corrupt enough to want to nominate these guys in the first place, could survive the aftermath of doing so much less have them being barely newsworthy.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I think their reasoning is that Trump won't be there forever and trying to end abortion and fight for religion to make it's way back into schools, etc. are worth "selling their souls".

Sad part about all of this pandering to the religious right is that neither Trump nor McConnell are rubber stamping unqualified serfs into the courts because they feel they have a personal moral/religious obligation to do so.

Both of them are only obligated toward keeping their party in control of the gov't long after the Presidency and the House and Senate have been taken over by the Dems long term.

Every single thing the Dems come up with to favor the middle class and the poor will be dragged through the politically conservative hacked and packed court system piling things up in there rendering the Dems as crippled as possible, thus giving the minority Repubs a whole lot more legislative leverage than they're worthy of.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005

Well according to that Bar Association this guy here was well qualified until the Supreme Court Nomination, so he either fooled them for all his previous service on the bench or the ABA has become nothing more than just another politicized organization.

The ABA said in the letter to Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) that “new information of a material nature regarding temperament” has prompted it to reopen its evaluation.
The association said its Standing Committee does not expect to complete the process and “re-vote” before the final Senate vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination, which is slated for Saturday.

The group noted that its "original rating stands."
During his testimony before the Judiciary Committee last week about allegations of sexual assault, Kavanaugh touted his "well qualified" rating from the ABA, its highest rating, attributing it to his “judicial temperament” while serving as a judge on the D.C. Circuit Court for 12 years.
That's why I have the unanimous, 'well qualified' rating from the American Bar Association,” he said.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well according to that Bar Association this guy here was well qualified until the Supreme Court Nomination, so he either fooled them for all his previous service on the bench or the ABA has become nothing more than just another politicized organization.

The ABA said in the letter to Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) that “new information of a material nature regarding temperament” has prompted it to reopen its evaluation.
The association said its Standing Committee does not expect to complete the process and “re-vote” before the final Senate vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination, which is slated for Saturday.

The group noted that its "original rating stands."
During his testimony before the Judiciary Committee last week about allegations of sexual assault, Kavanaugh touted his "well qualified" rating from the ABA, its highest rating, attributing it to his “judicial temperament” while serving as a judge on the D.C. Circuit Court for 12 years.
That's why I have the unanimous, 'well qualified' rating from the American Bar Association,” he said.

Thanks for the info. I'll def dive into it and see what's up with that.