News Sen Ron Johnson who is running for re-election still claims Jan 6 was not an armed insurrection

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
It appears we have a disagreement on what an armed insurrection is.
How many shots were fired and by who?
How many firearms were confiscated at the event?
How many members of congress were directly confronted?
Why were the insurrectionists taking selfies and posting them on social media?

I stand by my opinion, it was a riot. There was no consolidated effort to achieve a goal. There were no defined operational parameters, there was no clear organization.
I've said it again and again, my boy scout troop could have planed and executed a far more successful operation. This was a pack of fired up idiots that once again prove my theory that as the number of people in an angry group increases, the average IQ decreases.

Stupid people do stupid things, this is axiomatic. It's so fundamental to the human condition that we don't address the issue, we simply make laws to try and control the idiots.
I know you've already kind of been beaten with the info stick (which never seems to work), but if there were no weapons, why have there been guilty pleas to assault with a deadly weapon?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I know you've already kind of been beaten with the info stick (which never seems to work), but if there were no weapons, why have there been guilty pleas to assault with a deadly weapon?

Information is only a stick for those who wallow in denial. Most of us treat information as food.

Last edited:

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
As a Wisconsonite, I just do not understand how RJ has a narrow lead. I guess it goes back to all the rural areas that just will not vote for a Democrat (especially a black one) no matter how much it would actually benefit him

Barnes' ads have been way too milquetoast. There's SO MUCH he could explain about RJ and he just doesn't. It doesn't even have to be an attack ad - just lay out the facts. One of RJ's attack ads is that Mandela paid his property taxes late - "thousands of dollars" I'm guessing there's millions of Americans every year that pay thousands late. If anything, this tells me where this guy is coming from - and that's lower/middle class. Did I mention the GOP ads actually color Barnes darker in some ads?

In Wisconsin, we have a saying and that's "FRJ" (you can figure it out). God, I hope he gets voted out. We have the added weight too of a HORRIBLE GOP candidate for Governor too. If Tony Evers loses, we're REALLY screwed in this state.

Reactions: Pohemi

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Watching Ron Johnson ads with flat out lying in them is really disheartening. People watch that shit and nod their heads in agreement. I was able to watch the video above since I'm home sicker than a dog with the virus, thanks for the link.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
As a Wisconsonite, I just do not understand how RJ has a narrow lead. I guess it goes back to all the rural areas that just will not vote for a Democrat (especially a black one) no matter how much it would actually benefit him

Barnes' ads have been way too milquetoast. There's SO MUCH he could explain about RJ and he just doesn't. It doesn't even have to be an attack ad - just lay out the facts. One of RJ's attack ads is that Mandela paid his property taxes late - "thousands of dollars" I'm guessing there's millions of Americans every year that pay thousands late. If anything, this tells me where this guy is coming from - and that's lower/middle class. Did I mention the GOP ads actually color Barnes darker in some ads?

In Wisconsin, we have a saying and that's "FRJ" (you can figure it out). God, I hope he gets voted out. We have the added weight too of a HORRIBLE GOP candidate for Governor too. If Tony Evers loses, we're REALLY screwed in this state.
MB just needs to play his interview when he said he was "comfortable" with the people who stormed the capital but not those "BLM types". End the ad with "Ron Johnson, he cool with crime as long as the perps look like him"

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I would like a direct response to this from @Greenman. His entire premise which I think is bullshit but we’ll go with it for the sake of the post

No guns, no insurrection
No guns, no insurrection
No guns, no insurrection

Everyone watch this

Now, @Greenman what is your response?? This should be good. I’m sticking to my prediction

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I would like a direct response to this from @ Greenman. His entire premise which I think is bullshit but we’ll go with it for the sake of the post

No guns, no insurrection
No guns, no insurrection
No guns, no insurrection

Everyone watch this

Now, @Greenman what is your response?? This should be good. I’m sticking to my prediction
I’d also like to know if he thinks the earth is flat.

• Haha

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Johnson got eviscerated - literally laughed at by the audience - last night.
Barnes had some FANTASTIC one-liners too.

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1580704354931089408

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1580706184520118272

Johnson had a bunch of gaffs too - but let's talk about Joe Biden's gaffs

• Haha
Reactions: Motostu and Pohemi

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

And yet he’ll win...watched the Beto/Abbott debate, Beto destroyed Abbott, but guess who will win easily. People really are stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z and Pohemi

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Getting noticeably laughed at by the debate audience should be super embarrassing. He did look shocked/surprised, which tells me he genuinely believes his own bullshit. That alone should disqualify him.

• Love

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Getting noticeably laughed at by the debate audience should be super embarrassing. He did look shocked/surprised, which tells me he genuinely believes his own bullshit. That alone should disqualify him.
Yeah I watched a couple of the clips and he clearly stumbled after being laughed at or booed. I think he probably spends almost no time outside of the bubble and so I think you’re probably right - he genuinely thinks most people also buy into these crazy conspiracy theories.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Comedy gold.

Debate audience laughed at Republican Ron Johnson’s claims — and it only got worse from there | Salon.com

In his pitch for another term, Johnson declared that he has "honored" his promises to always tell the truth and never conduct himself with reelection in mind — remarks that drew laughs from the audience.

• Love

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

To be honest.. I thought it was a SNL skit.. that's how bad his response is.. After reading other's responses.. I now realize it was real. Holly fuck we are in serious trouble if these asshats get voted in!

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
To be honest.. I thought it was a SNL skit.. that's how bad his response is.. After reading other's responses.. I now realize it was real. Holly fuck we are in serious trouble if these asshats get voted in!
That assclown is the two-term incumbent and leading the polls, sadly.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
That assclown is the two-term incumbent and leading the polls, sadly.

"leading the polls" is somewhat disingenuous. You have to dig into the polls that show him "leading"
The last one (Marquette University) showed him "leading by 6%". But when you look, that was form "all that say they are going to vote". When you dig deeper, and look at numbers for actual registered voters (which obviously have a MUCH higher likely hood to actually vote), the race is neck and neck.

Regardless, it's saddening that it's even this close. Barnes should be leading by 99% with only RJ's wife and kids voting for him

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
"leading the polls" is somewhat disingenuous. You have to dig into the polls that show him "leading" ...
... Regardless, it's saddening that it's even this close. Barnes should be leading by 99% with only RJ's wife and kids voting for him
Yeah, it was admittedly a lazy generalization after I read only two polls that showed him leading (the Marquette one at 6%, and another at 2%).

But yeah, he shouldn't even be anywhere near even, after the "job" he's done in congress his past 2 terms, and the idiotic rhetoric he's constantly spewing. He's a piece of shit person imo, and a Qtard that doesn't help the state of WI, or the country as a whole. Anyone voting for him is the type that only looks at the letter between the parentheses to decide their vote. It's completely mindless or spiteful to support the guy at this point. He needs to get gone.

Reactions: Homerboy