Sen. Marco Rubio caught lying about his family history

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

I don't know him as I've never paid much attention to his politics. He's a Republican so it's likely he's a horrible monster. But I'll give him some benefit of the doubt. It's fully possible his parents told him a false story as a child because it sounded better and he wasn't born yet so it didn't matter. We've all been told some things as children that turned out to be total bullshit. Hell, how many of us still believe we have only 5 senses for example.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Good. Vote his ass out of office and get someone who isn't a lying sack of shit in there.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Good. Vote his ass out of office and get someone who isn't a lying sack of shit in there.

So you're saying you want the position to go unfilled? Anyone willing to run for office that can get elected is gonna be a lying sack of shit. What you need is to get one who tells the smallest or fewest lies. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Rubio, oh Rubio, wherefore art thou integrity, Rubio.

That's some powerful irony there, getting shanked by the very shiv that was so skillfully crafted in the heart of Tea Party Land.

The problem with getting caught with his skivvies down is that it invites closer scrutiny into how long he was wearing those skivvies, what color and texture his skid marks are, why the sperm stains on it are in the back and not in the front, and why he was wearing it inside out. You know, stuff like that.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Rubio claims he was simply repeating what his parents consistently told him when he was growing up. I probably agree with none of his stands but I have trouble faulting him on that (assuming he didn't know the factual truth) or classify this as lying.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Rubio claims he was simply repeating what his parents consistently told him when he was growing up. I probably agree with none of his stands but I have trouble faulting him on that (assuming he didn't know the factual truth) or classify this as lying.

Me too, my parents came to America after Noah's flood and that's not something I classify as a lie. And how about the statement in the article that most Cubans know the day their folks arrived? Actually, the facts are that his parents are psychic and pre-escaped but they knew nobody would believe them or have for them the kind of sympathy support and solidarity that escapees not so preternaturally gifted would have.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Wow. The left is really stretching for things these days aren't they? I heard he once took an office pen home as well. Only seems to further show that you shouldn't dare to be a minority or a woman and not a liberal.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
I have a hard time believing that Rubio didn't know when his parents arrived. My parents brought me to the US when I was 1-year-old, and they could have told me they brought me when I was 4-years-old. But growing up, they frequently talked with other relatives when they came the US, so I would know something was amiss when the timelines didn't match up.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Wow. The left is really stretching for things these days aren't they? I heard he once took an office pen home as well. Only seems to further show that you shouldn't dare to be a minority or a woman and not a liberal.

Naw. we're just learning from the best...you guys, with your threads about Obama using a teleprompter and stuff like that.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
What, one cant become an exile after leaving their country? This is really down on the list of things I would worry about. I would look at it as they left before Castro took power. Afte he took powerr they considered themselves exiles or maybe Castro's govt put them on a list banning them from coming home.

Nov 29, 2006

Here i drew some straws for you to grasp at:

l l l l
l l l l <-- straws
l l l l
l l l l

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I have a hard time believing that Rubio didn't know when his parents arrived. My parents brought me to the US when I was 1-year-old, and they could have told me they brought me when I was 4-years-old. But growing up, they frequently talked with other relatives when they came the US, so I would know something was amiss when the timelines didn't match up.

I don't have a hard time believing it. I come from a old line New England family. Once when I was young and staying with my grandparents my grandmother showed me a book about the Mayflower, pointed to a name and said he was an ancestor of hers. Was it true? I don't know, noone else in my family believes me but none of us ever researched the family tree either.

If Rubio was lying about something he is supposed to have done (military service or honors, for example) I'd be a lot more concerned. Family history, not so much, it tends to be embellished a lot of the time anyway.

KGB

Diamond Member
May 11, 2000
Rubio is a worthless piece of shit but trashing him for this trivial matter is wrong.

I'm certain there are far more serious issues out there...

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Here i drew some straws for you to grasp at:

l l l l
l l l l <-- straws
l l l l
l l l l

In this situation, the liberals are the ones grasping at straws.

It's a footnote. The only people who care about the footnote are those who hate all things Republican, all things Tea Party, etc.

Give this a week and no one will even remember this story existed.

Last edited:

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
What, one cant become an exile after leaving their country? This is really down on the list of things I would worry about. I would look at it as they left before Castro took power. Afte he took powerr they considered themselves exiles or maybe Castro's govt put them on a list banning them from coming home.

Exactly. If it wasn't safe for them to return, they were exiles.

"Gotcha" not found.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I thought Rubio was the answer to the World's problems :(

What have you been smoking? I've never heard that claim. I have heard people look to Obama as the answer to all the World's problems. Where has that taken us?

I know you like to pretend you actually have serious, rational political views when someone presses you on details - I think that is all an illusion.

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What have you been smoking? I've never heard that claim. I have heard people look to Obama as the answer to all the World's problems. Where has that taken us?

I gave up cigs 8 years ago but I get that impression from reading excerpts from Right Wing talking heads.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I gave up cigs 8 years ago but I get that impression from reading excerpts from Right Wing talking heads.

Seems like you found something else to stick in your mouth and choke on. :p

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

This. There are much more scarier things about this Tea Bagger.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011

Ah - Obama is accused of not being born in the US, he proves he is, yet the right still screams and yells about his nationality. Mother fucker even posted his birth certificate on the White House's website,...

",... well, you know, that crease on the side,... it's pretty suspect".

Your shit head golden boy flat out lies, gets caught and you down play the seriousness about fibbing over were someone is from.

/clap

Wonderful show, as expected. Award worthy performance!!

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Ah - Obama is accused of not being born in the US, he proves he is, yet the right still screams and yells about his nationality. Mother fucker even posted his birth certificate on the White House's website,...

",... well, you know, that crease on the side,... it's pretty suspect".

Your shit head golden boy flat out lies, gets caught and you down play the seriousness about fibbing over were someone is from.

/clap

Wonderful show, as expected. Award worthy performance!!

Since this isn't about what he said, but how his parents classified themselves, I guess you can take your hate speech somewhere else. Wipe the foam off your lips while your at it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't know him as I've never paid much attention to his politics. He's a Republican so it's likely he's a horrible monster. But I'll give him some benefit of the doubt. It's fully possible his parents told him a false story as a child because it sounded better and he wasn't born yet so it didn't matter. We've all been told some things as children that turned out to be total bullshit. Hell, how many of us still believe we have only 5 senses for example.

Assuming what you say is true if Rubio had any balls why would he dime out his parents to the entire country? Take responsibility and move on.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
Since this isn't about what he said, but how his parents classified themselves, I guess you can take your hate speech somewhere else. Wipe the foam off your lips while your at it.

How delightful!! An encor,... with deflection no less!!!

Wonderful!!

/throws roses at the filthy conservative slime bag performing on the stage

Just so we are clear - your golden boy is clean, because someone else said it - his parents,... but you still bring up Obama's pastor when you get all wet and excited?