Sen. Marco Rubio caught lying about his family history

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2006
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...bio-hits-back/2011/10/20/gIQAR82i1L_blog.html

"To suggest my family’s story is embellished for political gain is outrageous. The dates I have given regarding my family’s history have always been based on my parents’ recollections of events that occurred over 55 years ago and which were relayed to me by them more than two decades after they happened. I was not made aware of the exact dates until very recently.

What’s important is that the essential facts of my family’s story are completely accurate. My parents are from Cuba. After arriving in the United States, they had always hoped to one day return to Cuba if things improved and traveled there several times. In 1961, my mother and older siblings did in fact return to Cuba while my father stayed behind wrapping up the family’s matters in the U.S. After just a few weeks living there, she fully realized the true nature of the direction Castro was taking Cuba and returned to the United States one month later, never to return.

They were exiled from the home country they tried to return to because they did not want to live under communism. That is an undisputed fact and to suggest otherwise is outrageous." - Rubio

Oh...the outrage of it all. No fucking nit is too small to pick for the partisan hacks around here.

Last edited:

Aegeon

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
Oh...the outrage of it all. No fucking nit is too small to pick for the partisan hacks around here.
The problem is this explanation appears to be bogus.

While I'm waiting for followup on the NPR information, if he also knew his brother, who was born in 1950, was 6 years old when he first came to the US, then it doesn't make sense that they first came to the US in 1959. It should not have taken him 40 years to notice this discrepancy. (Obviously he could have contacted his parents for an explanation when he did.)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Aww.. right on cue. Perkie got his marching orders and here he is. On the scale of 1 to 100 in importance this is about a -5784. Your failure in chief is nervous about the brown man possibly running against him as VP so out come the rabid attack dogs.. I think Rubio may have also taken home a paper clip from his office once as well, we should probably waterboard him.

Correct old wise one! Let's just stipulate Rubio is a liar and a weasel and just move on to more important things like the Iraq war ending!!

Not important!

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don't know who cares about Rubertio, besides some brain dead tea bagger.
And wasnt this the guy that claimed to have "magic underwear"?