Discussion Sen. Kamala Harris reintroduces Middle Class Tax Cut Bill (LIFT)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Lol ok. I'm middle class and pay about 35% in taxes. To me that's not little at all.
You are not middle class if you are paying any where near 35% in federal income tax. Even if that is just your marginal rate.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yeah I live in one of the highest tax areas of the country and my combined income and payroll taxes are about 25%.

If you add in all the other taxes I pay though, sales tax, property tax, etc, my percentage is probably around 35%. It’s the state and local taxes that really stick it to the middle class and poor, not the federal ones.
Yeah, it's a fairly important distinction here. I'd figure it makes sense to be discussing it in terms of federal taxes given the subject at hand.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Trump's base will crucify him if he gives in to DACA the same as they would if he gives in on the wall. I honestly think there is a possibility that an agreement will not be reached unless Democrats cave.

I dunno about that. A lot of conservatives I know see it as being a fair trade. They see a wall as being somehing that can’t be taken away with a pen stroke and are wary about promising amnesty without (as they see it) fixing the problem.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I dunno about that. A lot of conservatives I know see it as being a fair trade. They see a wall as being somehing that can’t be taken away with a pen stroke and are wary about promising amnesty without (as they see it) fixing the problem.
Nobody cares about the conservatives you "know."

Reactions: nickqt and ivwshane
Mar 11, 2004
I think an agreement will be reached when they find some sort of deal where Trump can lie about it and claim he got the wall even when he didn't.

Buy a gold plaque "The Donald Turmp Make America Great Again Wall" and hang it on a ceremonial piece as a new monument in DC. Do a CGI of like some Game of Thrones level wall at the border, and just have no one say anything about how its clearly fake. Let him gloat about it. Hell, photoshop Turmp onto those big "stop" gesturing outstretched hand statues from Fellowship of the Ring to stand guard over it too. Tell him the wall can be seen from space (and that's why he can't see it if he wants to see it in person).

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Waiting for congress to plow through with a veto override. The longer this goes on the worse it gets and the pressure there is to pass something to fund the government.