[Semiaccurate] GK104/Kepler/GTX680 Next Week?

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Bringing people's wives/moms/whatever into things doesn't help. ;)

And that's when you know people ran out of things to counter with. When you can't win on merit, attack their personal life. Epic fail. That's like the fourth time I've witness him attack a poster personally. Guess I'll do as I'm told.

LOL_Wut_Axel

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2011
What kind of person ignores half the forum and then takes the time out of their life (and I use the term "life" loosely) to screenshot it and then cackle about it? That should tell you a lot about the value they add to a forum. As an adult, I have zero people on my ignore list.

Yet here you are responding while adding nothing to an already-useless thread.

Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

BoFox

May 10, 2008
I just stopped over there, I really should stop, and they seem to be complaining about having to buy an HD 7970 to review. Wow, can that guy whine anymore?

I wouldn't call him a shill, but he definitely isn't very professional. I guess his whining wasn't loud enough since he still hasn't gotten a review sample.

Guess only way they review stuff if it's free.

A MUCH bigger site (rather professional according to your terms, with its sister Latin site being one of the most popular hardware review sites in the world) whined HARD about the exact same thing:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/blog/NVIDIA-breaks-up-with-Hardware-Secrets/174

Thankfully, it was only a glitch, and NV quickly corrected the issue. NV does not blacklist sites, unlike AMD. If NV blacklisted [H]ardOCP (which deserves it), then Kyle would whine with a high-pitched shrill, forcing all of the [H] readers to migrate somewhere else.

Last edited:

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
A MUCH bigger site (rather professional according to your terms, with its sister Latin site being one of the most popular hardware review sites in the world) whined HARD about the exact same thing:

Thankfully, it was only a glitch, and NV does not blacklist sites, unlike AMD.

I'm well aware of that, and them claiming it was a glitch seems too convenient. I've already drawn parallel's between ABT's approach and that. It just seems ABT doesn't have the weight to garner a "glitch" response.

EDIT: Hey, 5 articles in February! That's a step up from the ~5-7 between November and January! Kudos guys! You guys might soon be considered a real review site :D

Last edited:

Arzachel

Apr 7, 2011
Reading comprehension fail. It's saying the 680 is a mid range card that would usually sell for up to $299. But since it beats a 7970 they are pricing it at $550 and nvidia should have one of their best quarters ever.

Well, it seems that they've dumped quite a bit of cash into a chip, that won't even see the light of the day. Wouldn't say it's going stellar for them.

If the GTX680 does come out with two 6pin connectors, the 7970 will still remain the best choice for overclockers. But I doubt Nvidia would limit it that way, unless the card has next to no headroom.

Arzachel

Apr 7, 2011

Thankfully, it was only a glitch, and NV quickly corrected the issue. NV does not blacklist sites, unlike AMD. If NV blacklisted [H]ardOCP (which deserves it), then Kyle would whine with a high-pitched shrill, forcing all of the [H] readers to migrate somewhere else.

Which is ironic, because there was a thread a few weeks back calling Kyle a Nvidia shill. And even more before calling him a AMD shill :D

BoFox

May 10, 2008
I'm well aware of that, and them claiming it was a glitch seems too convenient. I've already drew parallel's between ABT's approach and that. It just seems ABT doesn't have the weight to garner a "glitch" response.

Oh, come on, ABT is a new site. It does not generate $$$$$$$ from ads and stuff due to immense popularity yet. So it's a bit difficult to cough up some $600 for HD 7970.

If AMD straightens up with their ethics, Apoppin definitely has more than enough "moral weight/integrity" to acknowledge AMD's change of heart. He's had a very bad run-in with Nigel Dessau (AMD's high-up director shill), and then now AMD's Dave Baumann is saying that the "reported transistor number" is just a "marketing number" and nothing else.

His benchmarks are very fair. He benchs more games than anybody else on the planet. Wouldn't you like to see his upcoming Kepler review, covering over 25 games?

Last edited:

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Man you guys need to get off ABT's case. Yeah he can be very whiny and thin-skinned, and he still has not apologized to the many people he called liars or whatever on this forum, and yes he was obviously miffed about not getting a 7970, but you guys are accusing him of being an outright shill. Seriously?

And to the people saying this thread is useless, this is the de facto "GK104 anticipation thread." Perhaps the thread should be renamed, but if you don't like to speculate or talk about GK104 rumors, there is nothing preventing you from clicking the "Back" button on your browser. But for some of us in the market to buy cards, we kinda want to speculate... I've been in the market for a new card for a couple of months now and would welcome even a paper launch at this point, because I really wanna know if GK104 can drive 3 monitors and approximately its performance, wattage, length, etc... my current setup drives me nuts due to AMD's new CCC which screwed up Eyefinity hotkeys on my system.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Oh, come on, ABT is a new site. It does not generate $$$$$$$ from ads and stuff due to immense popularity yet. So it's a bit difficult to cough up some $600 for HD 7970.

If AMD straightens up with their ethics, Apoppin definitely has more than enough "moral weight/integrity" to acknowledge AMD's change of heart. He's had a very bad run-in with Nigel Dessau (AMD's high-up director shill), and then now AMD's Dave Baumann is saying that the "reported transistor number" is just a "marketing number" and nothing else.

His benchmarks are very fair. He benchs more games than anybody else on the planet. Wouldn't you like to see his upcoming Kepler review, covering over 25 games?

3.5 years old isn't particularly new.
Incidentally, it's older than SemiAccurate.

BoFox

May 10, 2008
3.5 years old isn't particularly new.
Incidentally, it's older than SemiAccurate.

S|A is not a hardware review site. ABT still has a "new" feeling to it, being newer than the rest of quality review sites out there. Their 29-game reviews are wonderful, and I wish BFG10K could keep on doing extraordinarily unique reviews there. (Maybe I ought to start that myself, since I have 2 rigs - it was a bit troublesome for him to do it with only 1 rig).

I don't know what you're trying to get at with this subject.. *tries to pick at your brain for answers, but the Dr. Operation buzzed with an electric shock*...

Last edited:

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Perhaps we should march to santa clara with pitchforks to demand our Kepler. The 12th came and went. Charlie needs to lay off the cheap drugs.

Feb 19, 2009
Tech briefings on the 12th, reviews a week later. As i recall from that SA post.

I just want to know WTH are all the tech briefing leaks that would be everywhere, if such an event did occur.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Tech briefings on the 12th, reviews a week later. As i recall from that SA post.

I just want to know WTH are all the tech briefing leaks that would be everywhere, if such an event did occur.

Actually, wasn't it supposed to be a paper launch on the 12th? :sneaky:

Vesku

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2005
Well, it seems that they've dumped quite a bit of cash into a chip, that won't even see the light of the day. Wouldn't say it's going stellar for them.

If the GTX680 does come out with two 6pin connectors, the 7970 will still remain the best choice for overclockers. But I doubt Nvidia would limit it that way, unless the card has next to no headroom.

Or they plan to release a TI version with an 8 pin, or two.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Until something actually happens, we're done here. I've handed out half a dozen infractions today and it's still climbing. A number of you have serious problems and will likely find yourselves unable to post once Kepler does launch.

-ViRGE

Status
Not open for further replies.