Semi hawt woman scolded by Southwest Airlines for dressing like a whore!

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: steppinthrax
So what your saying is the only way a woman can be attractive is dress like that. NO, women who dress like that to be attractive are largley American Women. Go explore different cultures. Different cultures have different versions or standards of what it means for a woman to be attractive and the vast majority of them dosen't mean wear a skirt so short you can see everything. Unfortunatley though most cultures have been infultrated by American values.

But then again we feel what we do is right and is how everyone in the world should operate. At the same time can't understand or tolerate when someone else says something against it.

That is not anything what I said. Don't project your thoughts as what was said.

What I said was is that women dressed more conservatively than many in her area and my area. It's hardly a shocking outfit, although once on the news and sensationalism sets in...many areas where this is not a normal style of dress will chime in.

Regardless the woman broke no laws, was covered properly and had followed the airlines dress code guidelines. What this is a case of is someone using their perceived power to slap this chick on the wrists for whatever reasons they had.

I do not have that view that you do about that what everyone does here is right. My view is that people should be able to do things how they'd like following the laws/rules esp if no one is being physically harmed. People need to lose their belief that they are entitled to having the world delivered to them just the way they'd like it to be.

If one doesn't like a movie, don't watch it. If one doesn't like a book, don't read it. If you don't like the way a person looks, then don't deal with them.

Vidda

Sep 29, 2004
Originally posted by: waggy
they had interviews with people asking if it was ok to kick her out. one guy said yeah he would complaine about her. when asked why his response was that temptation was so strong. yeah sure you idiot. like you would have a chance@!

He was probably worried she'd turn him straight. :eek:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Captante
Originally posted by: se7en

I didn't read anything that said her genetalia was directly visable & if it were that changes things because it becomes an illegal act of indecent exposure for which she could have been arrested anywhere in public as opposed to being discriminated against.

Please provide a link to your evidence.

Saw for myself when she was did the interview and they had to pixel her sh!t out.

I meant a link to somthing stating she wasn't wearing panties on the plane ... I've been looking & I can't find one.

So humor we "sexually oppressed Americans", if this was a man and you caught a glimpse of his package on display for everyone to see as you are on an airplane would that be fine with you?

Of course not ... that would be another example of an illegal act.

why would it be an "illegal act" for a male and not for a female? :confused:

You misunderstood ... I said another example of an illegal act ... in other words its illegal for men or women. (although my guess is a man would be arrested a lot faster)

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: freegeeks

I didn't read anything that said her genetalia was directly visable & if it were that changes things because it becomes an illegal act of indecent exposure for which she could have been arrested anywhere in public as opposed to being discriminated against.

Saw for myself when she was did the interview and they had to pixel her sh!t out.

maybe they were just pix-e-ling out her underwear, we all now how sexually opressed Americans are and how they would freak out

I mean the USA was in shock after something trivial like Janet Jackson flashing an ugly boob with decorations attached to it

So humor we "sexually oppressed Americans", if this was a man and you caught a glimpse of his package on display for everyone to see as you are on an airplane would that be fine with you?

that's just the point, there is no evidence that she flashed the beaver, is there a link somewhere that says that she did that?

show it to me

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

maybe they were just pix-e-ling out her underwear, we all now how sexually opressed Americans are and how they would freak out

I mean the USA was in shock after something trivial like Janet Jackson flashing an ugly boob with decorations attached to it

that's just the point, there is no evidence that she flashed the beaver, is there a link somewhere that says that she did that?

show it to me

It's been said already. Due to camera angles there is a huge reason other hosts on that show don't wear similar outfits.

On most above knee skirts you can see up them if you are below hip level. The network pixelated underwear.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Southwest honors the miniskirt with fare sale

after getting grief for telling a young woman her outfit was too revealing to fly, is now using the brouhaha as a marketing ploy ? announcing a fare sale to honor miniskirts.

The airline on Friday offered 23-year-old Kyla Ebbert two free round-trip tickets and issued a double-entendre-laced news release announcing ?skimpy? sale fares of $49 to $109 each way, available for 10 days.

Ebbert took her case to ?The Dr. Phil Show? on Friday. Host Phil McGraw read an apology from Southwest Chief Executive Gary Kelly during the show, which is scheduled to air Tuesday
Ebbert said she was on a Southwest plane ready to take off from San Diego on July 3 when an airline employee asked her to change her miniskirt, top and sweater or get off.

In a compromise, the 23-year-old Californian was allowed to stay on the flight to Tucson, Ariz., after pulling her skirt down a bit and her top up.

Kelly said the airline apologized to Ebbert in August and thought the affair was over. But in the past two weeks, Ebbert went on NBC?s ?Today Show? and was scheduled to tape an episode of ?The Dr. Phil Show? on Friday to recount her tale.

Ebbert?s account, and a similar one by another young California woman this week, led to unfavorable news coverage and Internet chatter about Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. Newspaper columnists and bloggers derided the airline ? which in the 1970s put its stewardesses in hot pants and called itself ?The love airline? ? as prudish.

So Kelly decided to change the tone Friday by issuing another apology to Ebbert ? company President Colleen Barrett was dispatched to phone her ? and announce a lighthearted fare sale pegged to the controversy.

It is quite humorous, given that we were born with hot pants,? Kelly said. ?We?re trying to be good-humored about all this.?

Kelly declined to give his opinion of Ebbert?s outfit but said the airline needs to ?lean towards the customer.?

?We don?t have a dress code at Southwest Airlines, and we don?t want to put our employees in the position of being the fashion police, but there?s a fine line you walk sometimes in not offending other passengers,? he said.

Kelly said that Ebbert is a regular customer of Southwest and that he hopes to keep it that way. Efforts to reach Ebbert were unsuccessful.

Airline officials said they hadn?t contacted another woman, Setara Qassim, who told a TV interviewer this week that a Southwest employee made her wrap a blanket over her short dress with plunging neckline. Southwest officials said they had no record of Qassim, 21, filing a complaint.