Semi-Anonymous Domain Registration

Buddha Bart

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I'm interested in starting a page where students can air their gripes about the housing sytem/department we live in. However in the interest of housing not taking a personal interest in my everyday activities, I'd rather my name not be so easily attached to the site as when someone just does a whois. I don't want to put any bogus info, or do anything illegal, I woudl just like it to be a wee bit trickyer for them to know its me (since the way i'll set it up, i wont even be the one adding the content).

Anyone know what my best bet is? Is there a way to have your registrar just not make your info public?

bart

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
well for total anomnity, get eather a free hosting site or Namezero (and fill up fake info)
but even if u put ur name, what can they do to u?

Buddha Bart

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
what can they do to u?

technically probably nothing, but the last thing I need in an RA hanging around my place all the time.. "y'know that poster is a firehazard.. y'know you cant have that fridge in here... y'know i can write you up for those empty beer bottles". Houseing here has a completely un-checked level of power, so I would rather not have them know me on a personal level.

bart