seemingly good deal on the Egg

techgamer

Sep 19, 2007
just an fyi, i just read it does not have a dvi output, only an hd output which you have to use a converter hd to dvi plug. How much will that affect gaming?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: techgamer
bump

need a serious answer. is this a good gaming lcd considering its hdmi only?

I think it may be included, but if not get yourself a DVI to HDMI cable. Best place to buy one is here:

MonoPrice

:D

EDIT: As for effect on gaming, I don't see any reason why it would/should.

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
bump

need a serious answer. is this a good gaming lcd considering its hdmi only?

It shouldn't as the video pins/wires for HDMI and DVI-D are the same except for the plug itself. HOWEVER, I have read a few reports of people having problems when using HDMI > DVI adapters. You can find good quality, reasonably priced HDMI > DVI adapters at monoprice.com

arcas

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2001
Be aware that Best Buy's Sunday ad had this guy for $399.99 which might be worth it to you if you don't want to mess with rebates.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
just an fyi, i just read it does not have a dvi output, only an hd output which you have to use a converter hd to dvi plug. How much will that affect gaming?

HDMI is just DVI plus audio on the same cable, so as long as you have a working HDMI->DVI cable (or adapter) you'll still get the same DVI signal, and your sound card and speakers will take care of the audio.