SEEKING the womens POV: IYO what's the youngest woman a 50 year old guy could ask out...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
seriously, as a girl in the young 20s i dont really see friendly old men as anything more than friends.

unless hes really hot.

yum.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: eakers
seriously, as a girl in the young 20s i dont really see friendly old men as anything more than friends.

unless hes really hot.

yum.

So you don't wanna help me blow my $15.00? :(

baZillionaire

Dec 13, 2003
I think that it is fine to date someone quite a bit older or younger if you find yourself compatible, enjoying each other's company, and attracted to one another. Just prepare yourself, there is something shocking and kinda weird in realizing that MANY of your memories and reality happened before your date was even born. LOL. BUT, if she seems interested, what do you have to lose? Certainly these days age shouldn't be a consideration, at least not one that is high on the list. And, on the plus side, if you DO spend time with someone substantially younger than yourself, you will find yourself feeling and acting even younger yourself. Pace yourself!

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
I would keep it over 13, personally.

On the special occasion where you really feel something special between you, I'd go as low as 8.

Viper GTS

now there's a worthwhile investment...8...yummmm

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
If you are dating a 22 year old and people try to give you sh!t, just tell them that Michael Douglas is your personal hero.

jmagg

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2001
I'd say your looking at this the wrong way.
How young a woman do you think you could put up/keep up with, for an amount of time?

Capone

Jan 28, 2004
Not to go off track but you like kinda like Tom Hanks in that Ladykillers movie.

Czesia

Nov 22, 2003
From a girl's perspective. . .

I was told once that the rule of thumb for guys is half your age plus seven. So, that would mean 50/2+7=32 yrs old. I'm not too sure what to make of that rule though because if the guy's 100, by this same rule it's alright for him to be with a 57 yr old.

I think it completely depends on the people, but I'm not too comfortable with the idea of large age differences myself.

I think I would have to say at least 37+.

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
My girlfriend says 40, and if you looked like Sean Connery or Richard Gere, then 25.
I'm going for 32 :)

Oh, and Evadman? Your guide to dating made me choke on my pie, damnit :D

gourmettea

Aug 11, 2003
Start with your age subtract 1 year for every 5000 per/year you make. Until you reach legal age.