SEEKING the womens POV: IYO what's the youngest woman a 50 year old guy could ask out...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Well, you wanted a females perspective...

I just asked an ex-girlfriend, whom is 16 (I am 18).

"umm... 40? Younger would be gross".

EDIT:
"oh, well i just thought of someone my moms age and i can't picture her with a 50 yr old
so ya, no younger than 40"

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Come on man, follow the golden rule: age/2 + 7; so in your case, you can go as low as 32.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
BTW: It's not like I'm wanting to raid the freshman class at the U.of O., I'm just wondering what sort of range I could feel comfortable considering as "fair game".

FungusFeet

Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
BTW: It's not like I'm wanting to raid the freshman class at the U.of O., I'm just wondering what sort of range I could feel comfortable considering as "fair game".
Oh come on, base it on maturity, not some "golden rule". Trend lines are too generalized for something as delicate as this.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

You've posted that you haven't had a girlfriend in 10 years.A better question for you to be contemplating might be "what attributes do I bring to the table to contribute to a potential relationship?"

Also folks,the face of middle age is changing and isn't like it used to be,my SO is 49,I'm 47 and we certainly don't
look or act it.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
I'm a nice guy, and I can (Sometimes) make people laugh!

I'm honest.

Fairly intelligent.

I don't drink. (much)

I abhor sports.

I'm good with my hands.

And I can fix almost ANYTHING! ;)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

I'm honest.

Fairly intelligent.

I'm good with my hands.

You've posted before that you are alone because ypu are overly picky,that you judge women based upon the standard of an ex who was good looking but a real biatch who ripped your heart out with a stake.Instead of setting up even more crieria that will just succeed in leaving you dateless for another 10 yrs why not just go and pursue your hobbies and try to strike up an interest in the women you meet along the way?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: PrimativeScrewhead
Well I agree... it would be kinda creepy. But not my decision... or yours

Fair enough...but by the powers vested in me as a brother I have a right to beat you with your own cane. :p

Fixed.

You SUCK!!! ;)

No cane... YET!

You can borrow RaySun2Be's cane for your imminent beatdown.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

I'm honest.

Fairly intelligent.

I'm good with my hands.

You've posted before that you are alone because ypu are overly picky,that you judge women based upon the standard of an ex who was good looking but a real biatch who ripped your heart out with a stake.Instead of setting up even more crieria that will just succeed in leaving you dateless for another 10 yrs why not just go and pursue your hobbies and try to strike up an interest in the women you meet along the way?

:beer: It hasn't worked for me, yet, but I've heard plenty of success stories!

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001

Been doing that for the last 10 years.... :p
rolleye.gif

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Orsorum

I'm honest.

Fairly intelligent.

I'm good with my hands.

could that be cause boys nekkid paintball games are your favorite hobby? :Q :p

I met my SO in the course of doing something that interested me.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum

I'm honest.

Fairly intelligent.

I'm good with my hands.

could that be cause boys nekkid paintball games are your favorite hobby? :Q :p

:Q

I thought those pictures were private!!! :eek:

I figure I'll just keep going to school, living well and taking care of myself. Keep my eyes open, my mind alert, and my heart willing, and something will come up eventually. Just have to take care not to become bitter or complacent in the meantime. :)

Cheers!
Nate

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001

Well actually that is what prompted this thread.

I was at the dog park today and struck up a conversation with a young lady.

I'm not good at guessing ages, but I would think she was maybe middle 20's, and she didn't seem grossed out by me. ;)

So I started wondering if maybe I had been limiting myself somewhat by looking at women closer to my age.

One problem I have encountered WITH women close to my age is that many of them are quite jaded, maybe younger ones wouldn't be so bitter?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Steps to a better lovelife by Evadman.

Step #1. Ditch that shirt. Burn it and bury the ashes.
Step #2. Buy new shirt with a collar. But not "too" fancy. This isn't an interview.
Step #3. Get some money. Donate liver if required.
Step #4. Get a convertable. LaBaron's don't count.
Step #5. Get Candy.
Step #6. Offer candy and ride home to 18 year olds. 18 year olds like candy.
Step #7. Give ride home.
Step #8. After ariving at your home, act chargrined, and say you thought she ment your home, not hers.
Step #9. Drive her to her house.
Step#10. Repeat every day until she either gets tired of the joke, or asks to see inside your home.
Step#11. Start over with another girl, or SCORE!
Step#12. Repeat SCORE'ing if possible.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

I'm not good at guessing ages, but I would think she was maybe middle 20's, and she didn't seem grossed out by me. ;)

So I started wondering if maybe I had been limiting myself somewhat by looking at women closer to my age.

One problem I have encountered WITH women close to my age is that many of them are quite jaded, maybe younger ones wouldn't be so bitter?

Jaded? bitter? you mean that they do things like expect current prospective partners to meet a standard set by somebody else ten yrs ago and reject potential suitors who don't? ;)

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001

Jaded? bitter? you mean that they do things like expect current prospective partners to meet a standard set by somebody else ten yrs ago and reject potential suitors who don't? ;)

Uhh not exactly...

OK you got me there!

But what I ment was that many just don't seem to like or trust men all that much anymore.

Though I'm sure many, if not most have good reason.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Maybe you should check out this thread

An IT worker complaint, pr0n and an atot girl thread bringing people together. Touches my heart.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Uhh not exactly...

OK you got me there!

But what I ment was that many just don't seem to like or trust men all that much anymore.

Though I'm sure many, if not most have good reason.

If we're normal as we get older we all carry hurt from past relationships(If I had $1 for every middle aged divorced man who tried
to sing the biatch who done me wrong song about his ex-wife I'd be rich) I think the key thing is in being lucky enough to meet somebody
that your heart recognizes as being very special, enough so that you put aside the caution gained from past wounds and just go for it.

I'm lucky,I sensed a very special man from miles away ,took a deep breath and decided to go for it and I've never been happier.

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Originally posted by: PrimativeScrewhead
I wouldn't bat an eye if a 50 year old man was bumping uglies with a 30 year old.

A 50 year old fishing in the 20 something pool is just cradle robbing IMHO.

Haha a 50 year old in the 30 year old pool is cradle robbing... he was 20 when she was born... I would say 40 maybe high 30's but thats kinda pushing it... though I guess if you are in love then whatever age the two of you are is fine...

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
This is an interesting thread, I'm surprised by the answers.

I'm female, 50-ish, and I'd say Go for whatever you want. Why limit yourself? Maybe "over 100" might be creepy (then again, if she's got a lot of money, you shouldn't have to wait long :D). Age is only one of many, many things. There are "old" 18-year-olds and "young" 50-year-olds.

Look, people will find something to complain about no matter what - age isn't the only thing. Don't listen to other people too much.

Good luck.