Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
That's pretty interesting...

Unfortunately, I'm too poor to have a doctor. :awe:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
On another interesting note, one of the largest chiropractic chains in GA......Arrowhead Clinics, a chiropractic quack clinic group, has always tred the line of good taste, if not legality in their commercials, specifically targeting auto accident victims.

Their newest commercial I saw today during the football game touts "It pays to get well" as its tag line and during the commercial states they'll "get you well from your traffic accident" and then, if you don't have an attorney, they'll recommend a "good attorney" that can get you paid! Even have a few "real patients" waving around checks that supposedly Arrowhead is "responsible" for getting the "victims" compensated via their referred attorney (one check touted to be $1M, one to be $750K).

Now, I thought it was patently against the law for a medical care giver to refer anyone to any sort of attorney, much less advertise just that.....along with the "compensation" their referred attorneys can get for their "victims."

And people wonder why chiropractic has such a bad rep. LOL!

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
You guys should see what happens in Europe. Holy crap, I went to a conference there once, and the drug companies were handing out cash by the thousands. First class air flights, 5 star hotel suites, multi course dinners at Michelin rated restaurants. Guys were asking for cash to go to strip clubs, and getting it.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Interesting, but I think it rates a little lower on the scam scale than selling chiropractic adjustments and homeopathic cures for pediatric ear infections and fibromyalgia and weekly adjustments.

And there's those questionable supplements:

ssw.jpg

And magic zapper thingies:

magiczapper.jpg

Last edited:

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Interesting, but I think it rates a little lower on the scam scale than selling chiropractic adjustments and homeopathic cures for pediatric ear infections and fibromyalgia and weekly adjustments.

ssw.jpg

magiczapper.jpg

The ProAdjuster ... lol.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
On another interesting note, one of the largest chiropractic chains in GA......Arrowhead Clinics, a chiropractic quack clinic group, has always tred the line of good taste, if not legality in their commercials, specifically targeting auto accident victims.

Their newest commercial I saw today during the football game touts "It pays to get well" as its tag line and during the commercial states they'll "get you well from your traffic accident" and then, if you don't have an attorney, they'll recommend a "good attorney" that can get you paid! Even have a few "real patients" waving around checks that supposedly Arrowhead is "responsible" for getting the "victims" compensated via their referred attorney (one check touted to be $1M, one to be $750K).

Now, I thought it was patently against the law for a medical care giver to refer anyone to any sort of attorney, much less advertise just that.....along with the "compensation" their referred attorneys can get for their "victims."

And people wonder why chiropractic has such a bad rep. LOL!
Yeah, that's wrong.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

ssw.jpg

magiczapper.jpg

Yeah, good thing I don't sell homeopathic cures or anything of the kind.

Also, the proadjuster isn't magic nor does it zap. It's a tool I use to adjust certain patients (those who request it specifically, small children, people with osteoporosis, and sero-positive patients). I mainly adjust patients manually.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Can we please stick to the topic?

I saw this the other night on Anderson Cooper 360. Sanjay Gupta was the host. They were discussing the ethics and dangers behind it.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
For some reason I can't seem to find a consistent and comprehensible description of what a pro-adjuster actually does.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
This is never going to end. Consulting fees are hard to distinguish between bribery and actual consulting. This isn't just pharma, although they are the most sensational. Zimmer, Smith and Nephew, Medtronic, Stryker, Biomet, Synthes, Biomet, DePuy/J&J, and many more all do the same thing with bone grafts and implants.

Then there are the vacations and conventions that these doctors get compensated for. It's big business, and I don't see it going away. In many cases there is nothing wrong at all with a doctor being paid to use or try products, it helps drive competition and innovation. There is a limit on how much a physician can receive, but there is much much more under the table.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
For some reason I can't seem to find a consistent and comprehensible description of what a pro-adjuster actually does.

It's an instrument some chiropractors use to scan and adjust the spine. It's got a little peizoelecteic sensor in it and it creates a graphical representation of vertebrae conditions (fixation, inflammation). Then, you select the vertebrae you want to adjust and it percusses it into place (kinda like a jackhammer). It was technology ripped off of NASAs instrument to adjust the panels on the bottom of space shuttles for re-entry.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Can we please stick to the topic?

I saw this the other night on Anderson Cooper 360. Sanjay Gupta was the host. They were discussing the ethics and dangers behind it.

You had to have known you were asking for this.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
You had to have known you were asking for this.

This is par for the course for the OP.

He creates a thread "bashing" real doctors... and when someone bashes chiropractors... he takes offense at it.

And ... seems kinda shady that he takes great lengths to hide his own identity. Doesn't give his full name on his own website, and hides its registration behind proxy companies, so if someone wanted to research him .. and see if there has been any complaints... they cant.

Can't say i've met any real doctor who goes to such lengths to hide their identity.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
This is never going to end. Consulting fees are hard to distinguish between bribery and actual consulting. This isn't just pharma, although they are the most sensational. Zimmer, Smith and Nephew, Medtronic, Stryker, Biomet, Synthes, Biomet, DePuy/J&J, and many more all do the same thing with bone grafts and implants.

Then there are the vacations and conventions that these doctors get compensated for. It's big business, and I don't see it going away. In many cases there is nothing wrong at all with a doctor being paid to use or try products, it helps drive competition and innovation. There is a limit on how much a physician can receive, but there is much much more under the table.

It just sucks because patients think that patients are getting treated by unbiased doctors who will do what they can to treat them... not getting treated by docs give biased treatments based on possible compensation, especially when some of the research of the drugs made by the sponsor companies are bogus.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
This is par for the course for the OP.

He creates a thread "bashing" real doctors... and when someone bashes chiropractors... he takes offense at it.

And ... seems kinda shady that he takes great lengths to hide his own identity. Doesn't give his full name on his own website, and hides its registration behind proxy companies, so if someone wanted to research him .. and see if there has been any complaints... they cant.

Can't say i've met any real doctor who goes to such lengths to hide their identity.
LOL are you kidding?

I don't bash medical doctors. I bash Big Pharma.

Also, I don't hide my identity at all. And my url was registered through godaddy.com.

You can research me all you like.