Secret US plans for Iraq's oil

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 3, 2001
God I'm sick of this subject. Does anyone else wish they'd just slaughter all the damn Iraqi's and take their oil and be done with it so we don't have to listen to Conjur and friends posting this crap?

Why does everything have to be a f*cking conspiracy with you people?

Jason

Feb 3, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

3 1/2 more years of FUD and FUD supporters :roll: :cookie:

Yeah, Conjur, stop this crap! It's absurd. For Chrissakes, Clinton couldn't even keep it a secret when he spurted for the ugly intern, how the hell do you expect Bush and presumably dozens or hundreds of others to keep something 50 times bigger a secret?

THis is pure trash, just like 95% of what you post.

Jason

Feb 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Strk
There is no Iraqi oil in large amounts coming out of that country because the facilities are still be disrupted.

While I'm not trying to support the theory, you have to remember, at least about the disruption part, when we first went in, the administration repeatedly claimed that we would be wholeheartedly welcomed.

And from a large portion of the Iraqi people, we were and are. I know civil engineers out there with the Army Corp of Engineers who are working on development projects, who work with and train Iraqi's every day and have developed good friendships with people out there. While it's clear there are SOME who don't want us there, it's also clear that they are by FAR the minority.

Jason

Feb 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
When someone states that they took part in secret meetings, it send up a red flag for my self-serving baloney meter.

Because secret meetings are only a myth. They never happen. :disgust:

Oh I'm sure they DO happen from time to time, but here's the thing: They're SECRET, which necessarily entails a certain degree of privacy and quiet by those participating. It's pretty unlikely you'll ever read the transcript of a secret meeting on AT. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and wager that Secret Meetings don't even HAVE transcripts :)

Jason

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: DragonMasterAlex
God I'm sick of this subject. Does anyone else wish they'd just slaughter all the damn Iraqi's and take their oil and be done with it so we don't have to listen to Conjur and friends posting this crap?

Why does everything have to be a f*cking conspiracy with you people?

Jason
:Q :Q :Q

BTW, the documents are real.
http://www.gregpalast.com/opeconthemarch.html