Secret Service Won't Repay City for Obama's Security Tab

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry you are wrong. It isn't the police job to protect anyone.

It is their job to uphold the Constitution. Which one way or another probably means they have a duty to protect the President and Commandr-in-Chief.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That is your OPINION, Considering I did not order the assassination of an American citizen and his 16 year old son along with murdering innocent children in Pakistan with drone strikes I am a better person than obama along with you and anyone in your family.

The President has a duty to protect the United States from threats, foreign and domestic.

We can't let our enemies escape harm by hiding behind children.

Apr 27, 2012
The President has a duty to protect the United States from threats, foreign and domestic.

No! I will not in any way defend the idea of killing children even if it is to get these `terrorists`

You dont think that killing innocent children will create more terrorists

We shouldn't even be in Pakistan and this is not right

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
"When a presidential candidate arrives in town, the Secret Service works with local law enforcement to provide security, which may include advanced sweeps and crowd control, said Milien. At the outset, the Secret Service informs agencies they will not be reimbursed, and if the local police force is unable to assist with security, another agency will be brought in to help, added Milien."

Non issue anyone using it to blast potus is a fucking idiot.

/thread

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
From the article in the OP:

When a presidential candidate arrives in town, the Secret Service works with local law enforcement to provide security, which may include advanced sweeps and crowd control, said Milien. At the outset, the Secret Service informs agencies they will not be reimbursed, and if the local police force is unable to assist with security, another agency will be brought in to help, added Milien.
Newport never asked for outside help, he said.

I guess reading is hard for some of you.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Do you think if we have a fundraiser maybe we could collectively bribe the admins here to disinfect this place of Unintelligible once and for all?

*sigh*

Feb 10, 2000
Do you think if we have a fundraiser maybe we could collectively bribe the admins here to disinfect this place of Unintelligible once and for all?

*sigh*

Personally, at the risk of offending the mods (one of whom, in particular, I consider a friend), I think they are far too tolerant of the shenanigans of this forum's full-time trolls, who have pretty well taken this place over. Incorruptible is just one example, of course.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

That made me laugh, and then I realized you were serious. And in that vane, you are largely correct. We need to be sensitive about killing children because it's a horrendous thing to do, but if our enemies persist in building bunkers under day cares and hospitals and travelling with a carload of children, at some point we must accept dead children and pull the trigger. Often (hell, nearly always) in war there is not any choice that isn't horrendous and one must merely choose what is acceptably horrendous to protect one's citizens and way of life.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
I recall owning you on numerous occasions so I`ll let you back out of this thread since you clearly dont have the intelligence to post here

I can honestly say with all due respect, you have never owned anyone that I have seen.

I have on a daily basis seen your positions in threads be shredded/owned.

The real issue is you are too dumb to see it.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Just look at our previous skirmishes that we have had where you DEFENDED obama, Remember our debate on the 96% black vote for obama:confused:

And remember where everyone in that thread proved to your dumb ass that blacks voted 90%+ for every Democratic Presidential Nominee for the past what...15 years?

You're stupid.

Apr 27, 2012
And remember where everyone in that thread proved to your dumb ass that blacks voted 90%+ for every Democratic Presidential Nominee for the past what...15 years?

You're stupid.

And remember when I countered why they voted for democrats, since the democrats make them dependent and have destroyed the black family along with getting welfare and affirmative action.

You want to sell out then go ahead.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I recall owning you on numerous occasions so I`ll let you back out of this thread since you clearly dont have the intelligence to post here

What was that? You want me to post this again?
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=34443908&postcount=228
I figured you would be embarrassed to show your face after that one.
Frankly your attempts to claim "ownage" of anything are hilarious. Please, keep making them so I can post this link over, and over, again.

Until then keep on trollin' and I'll keep on making fun of exactly how stupid, ineffectual and downright backwards you truly are.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
"When a presidential candidate arrives in town, the Secret Service works with local law enforcement to provide security, which may include advanced sweeps and crowd control, said Milien. At the outset, the Secret Service informs agencies they will not be reimbursed, and if the local police force is unable to assist with security, another agency will be brought in to help, added Milien."

Non issue anyone using it to blast potus is a fucking idiot.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

The only thing you've owned on here is yourself. Repeatedly, and usually in spectacular fashion.