Secret Service Won't Repay City for Obama's Security Tab

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
Obama is a better person then you or anyone your family will ever hope to be. How much does that upset you?

That is your OPINION, Considering I did not order the assassination of an American citizen and his 16 year old son along with murdering innocent children in Pakistan with drone strikes I am a better person than obama along with you and anyone in your family.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Are local forces compelled to give security assistance?

From this article in 2004 security and travel expenses have been an ongoing controversy for a long time, of course back in 2004 it was Democrats directing it at the Bush presidency, but the same complaints still exist. The rules are tighter now due to laws passed during the Bush 2nd term.

"He takes a backseat to no one in terms of taking advantage of being able to mix political and official travel," said Larry Noble, executive director of Center for Responsive Politics, a non-partisan group that follows campaign finance, of Bush.

"It allows him to subsidize a lot of the real costs of those type of trips with taxpayer dollars," Noble said.

Democrats complain bitterly about the policy but seldom voice their concerns publicly since they would be able to take advantage once they win the White House.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/article/Campaign-2004-Bush-visit-is-a-bargain-for-1147258.php

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
That is your OPINION, Considering I did not order the assassination of an American citizen and his 16 year old son along with murdering innocent children in Pakistan with drone strikes I am a better person than obama along with you and anyone in your family.

No, Obama is a better person than you. He's smarter than you, he seems mature. He is successful. You are not. You're just some down-syndrome having TrollCunt posting in P&N every 10 seconds about shit you heard on Fox News. I am still laughing at your thread about the NY Subway "Jihadist". And I am sure you do not have a "family". Anyone who is dumb enough to procreate with you deserves to be crushed by a falling Piano.

How fucking old are you? 13?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
No, Obama is a better person than you. He's smarter than you, he seems mature. He is successful. You are not. You're just some down-syndrome having TrollCunt posting in P&N every 10 seconds about shit you heard on Fox News. I am still laughing at your thread about the NY Subway "Jihadist". And I am sure you do not have a "family". Anyone who is dumb enough to procreate with you deserves to be crushed by a falling Piano.

How fucking old are you? 13?

Looks like I hit a nerve with you, Cant handle that your precious obama is criticized

Excellent job defending the murder of innocent people by refusing to address that point, You have reached a new low

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
In all fairness shouldn't something like this be worked out before a candidate arrives?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Thats too much to ask for that pos obama who thinks he is so special

I just don't see what the big deal is here. Usually when something like this rolls into town they will more than make up for the lost revenue by the added taxes collected by hotels, restaurants and businesses.

Apr 27, 2012
I just don't see what the big deal is here. Usually when something like this rolls into town they will more than make up for the lost revenue by the added taxes collected by hotels, restaurants and businesses.

But it was just a campaign stop, It doesnt look like he spent much time there

Also the area was white and rich so of course the pos obama has to stick it to them

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

No we have you making an issue out of a sitting president not paying for something, sitting presidents don't pay for.

Why do you hold Obama to a different standard than all our other presidents?

That's the real question why the double standard?

Jan 25, 2011

Actually it appears to be you who think he is so special. After all you are here demanding he do something that no other president in history has ever done. That the secret service has never done. You aren't attacking the historical fact that no other president has paid for this so clearly your issue is with Obama alone. Why is that?

Apr 27, 2012
No we have you making an issue out of a sitting president not paying for something, sitting presidents don't pay for.

Why do you hold Obama to a different standard than all our other presidents?

That's the real question why the double standard?

I hold the other presidents to the same standard as well, Look at my join date, gwb is gone and the pos obama is here now

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
I hold the other presidents to the same standard as well, Look at my join date, gwb is gone and the pos obama is here now

It's a double standard your wanting the existing president to pay for something no other sitting president has paid for.

Your join date only shows you had no concerns or desire to engage in political conversation prior to Obama being elected.

Wonder what it was about this potus that made you want to go online and rail?

Jan 25, 2011

Clearly you don't. You haven't mentioned the other presidents. You haven't referenced tht fact it's never been paid and expressed your outrage over that. You've only attacked Obama personally on this.

And before you respond with Obama is the president now that is no explanation why you have ignored the historical precedent to just attack him. That is why it appears you think Obama is different. That's the double standard.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

He's the leader of the free world, and pretty much the single most important human being on the planet. If that isn't "special", I don't know what to tell you random idiot internet forum poster.

Feb 10, 2000
keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-trolls.png

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
The problem is that if the ss pays for it then the taxpayer ultimately pays for it. Why doesn't obama just pay for it himself, does the pos think he is that special? Next time the town should just say no that crap

LOL! Yes, I would think that being the President of the United States of America qualifies you to be "that special"

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
No clue but if they haven't paid for it before why would they now?

If they have never paid it for campaign visits then I agree with a lot of people in this thread that the town should have known better unless there was some agreement in place beforehand.

The town should have either told him to bring enough of his own security to cover his needs or requested payment upfront or told him to make his campaign stop elsewhere.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

So you think the President just rolled into town that day and the Secret Service just hoped the local police would be properly staffed and in place to help provide his protection?

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
"When a presidential candidate arrives in town, the Secret Service works with local law enforcement to provide security, which may include advanced sweeps and crowd control, said Milien. At the outset, the Secret Service informs agencies they will not be reimbursed, and if the local police force is unable to assist with security, another agency will be brought in to help, added Milien."

Non issue anyone using it to blast potus is a fucking idiot.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
"When a presidential candidate arrives in town, the Secret Service works with local law enforcement to provide security, which may include advanced sweeps and crowd control, said Milien. At the outset, the Secret Service informs agencies they will not be reimbursed, and if the local police force is unable to assist with security, another agency will be brought in to help, added Milien."

Non issue anyone using it to blast potus is a fucking idiot.

Incorruptible didn't hear about that part because Fox Snooze left it out....by accident.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
From this article in 2004 security and travel expenses have been an ongoing controversy for a long time, of course back in 2004 it was Democrats directing it at the Bush presidency, but the same complaints still exist. The rules are tighter now due to laws passed during the Bush 2nd term.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/article/Campaign-2004-Bush-visit-is-a-bargain-for-1147258.php
So from precedent, Romney should (and did) pay but as a sitting President Obama doesn't, correct?

Well, if they can get the Obama campaign to pay then they have the added tax revenue free and clear.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
So from precedent, Romney should (and did) pay but as a sitting President Obama doesn't, correct?

Well, if they can get the Obama campaign to pay then they have the added tax revenue free and clear.

I don't think either campaign is under a legal obligation to pay for their security from local municipalities, in some cases the Romney campaign did pay. I would think that there's some moral obligation that excessive costs wouldn't burden local towns and cities and that a presidential campaign might help with costs.

Apr 27, 2012
I don't think either campaign is under a legal obligation to pay for their security from local municipalities, in some cases the Romney campaign did pay. I would think that there's some moral obligation that excessive costs wouldn't burden local towns and cities and that a presidential campaign might help with costs.

There is an obligation from obama to pay. If I am a taxpayer in that town then I should not have to pay for his security, let him pay for it and his supporters