Secret Service Won't Repay City for Obama's Security Tab

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
No, it is not a dumb thing to say.

The justice department wants to fight states over immigration and voter rights, then the states need to stop protecting federal officials.

Let the states deal with their issues, and let the federal government deal with its issues.

Excellent point, the hypocrisy coming from them is amazing. obama needs to pay his bills before he lectures Americans about our crisis

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Look, this is really very simple. It's not like this situation has never come up before.

If in similar past circumstances the sitting president running for re-election would normally pay for this, then Obama should pay it. If not, then these people should piss off.

That's it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Look, this is really very simple. It's not like this situation has never come up before.

If in similar past circumstances the sitting president running for re-election would normally pay for this, then Obama should pay it. If not, then these people should piss off.

That's it.

Agreed.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

That's it.
That's reasonable.

Nov 3, 2004
No, it is not a dumb thing to say.

The justice department wants to fight states over immigration and voter rights, then the states need to stop protecting federal officials.

Let the states deal with their issues, and let the federal government deal with its issues.

Local police forces have a job to protect people within their jurisdiction, which includes you, visitors from other states/counties, and yes, even federal officials.

Jan 25, 2011
And yet another in the long list of bullshit outrage over things Obama should do that no other president in history has done.

Shocking.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The bullshit part of it was that it was a campaign stop, not an official presidential visit. His damn campaign should have paid the bill for the cost of the extra security. They didn't, instead they passed the buck to the Secret Service who have a policy of not paying local security.
Obama and the Obama campaign should have payed the bill, instead they saddled Newport Beach with the added cost.
awwwwwww

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Stop replying to this ALTroll wise and beautiful woman...

You first.

But at far as the OP goes, some people would actually be Honored to have the President pay a visit. As politically as this article was written, if I were in law enforcement I wouldn't be expecting to be payed extra to protect the President of the United States.

Apr 27, 2012
You first.

But at far as the OP goes, some people would actually be Honored to have the President pay a visit. As politically as this article was written, if I were in law enforcement I wouldn't be expecting to be payed extra to protect the President of the United States.

No one should be honored to have this "president" pay a visit. The man is a horrible leader and his policies dont work, he is very corrupted just look at his connections with GE and Solyndra. He also has ASSASSINATED AMERICAN CITIZENS-Awlaki and his son

No police officer should be protecting him, this man costs way too much money. As well romney paid his security bill so why cant obama?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
No one should be honored to have this "president" pay a visit. The man is a horrible leader and his policies dont work, he is very corrupted just look at his connections with GE and Solyndra. He also has ASSASSINATED AMERICAN CITIZENS-Awlaki and his son

No police officer should be protecting him, this man costs way too much money. As well romney paid his security bill so why cant obama?

Romney isn't the President...

Also, I'm sure having Obama on this forum instead of you would make the quality of the posts here improve drastically.

Stop being such a TrollCunt.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Local police forces have a job to protect people within their jurisdiction, which includes you, visitors from other states/counties, and yes, even federal officials.

Sorry you are wrong. It isn't the police job to protect anyone.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002

Romney was a Senator. He is not our nation's leader. I do not agree with what Obama is doing to this country, but I do respect his office, and therefore him.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Romney was a Senator. He is not our nation's leader. I do not agree with what Obama is doing to this country, but I do respect his office, and therefore him.
Despite his best efforts, Mr. Romney lost his campaign for the Senate.

He was governor of Massachusetts for one term.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Obama is a better person then you or anyone your family will ever hope to be. How much does that upset you?