Secret Service tells press to leave White House grounds

Feb 4, 2009
His safe spot (bunker) needs to be inspected again

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
His safe spot (bunker) needs to be inspected again

More likely they didn't want the press around to see whatever it was they did to remove the protesters who were trying to take the Andrew Jackson statue down.

The decision came during an ongoing demonstration in Lafayette Square, across the street from the White House where protestors were trying to bring down a statue of former President Andrew Jackson that stands in the middle of the park. Those protesters were eventually pushed back out of the park by police.

After having been burned over how they handled protesters in Lafayette Square before.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If Trump get re-elected we are totally doomed as a country un less the military decides enough is enough! Let me be clear -- Talking about a coup! Not assassination! Assassination would be to good for Trump!

Feb 4, 2009
Story gets strange

Why do I suspect there is more to this.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
They were "misdirected" to leave but they were sent to exits for their own safety. Huh?

And, yes, it had to do with the Lafayette Square protesters. Apparently a lot of pepper spraying went on.

"On Monday evening, in response to the increasingly violent demonstrations in Lafayette Park, four members of the media were misdirected by the Secret Service to leave the White House grounds. The members of the press were rerouted to exits on the south side of the complex for their own safety."

Last edited:

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Soon, cell phone video footage will be the media's only source of first hand information about what happens around Trump. Let's hope they find a good way to obtain it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Reporters were ordered to leave one of the most secure buildings in the country for their own safety?

I may be a little slow but that doesn't sound quite right.

• Haha
Reactions: JEDIYoda and MtnMan

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Soon, cell phone video footage will be the media's only source of first hand information about what happens around Trump. Let's hope they find a good way to obtain it.

Obama better hack the microwaves again

Feb 4, 2009
Reporters were ordered to leave one of the most secure buildings in the country for their own safety?

I may be a little slow but that doesn't sound quite right.

Exactly and it doesn’t appear to be all the reporters. The CNN peeps and three other people or groups.