Secret Service investigating threat at yet another Palin rally

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Fern
Gee, given that McCain and Palin are both party candidates with Secret Service protection etc, you'd think the SS there couldv'e handled it.

Since they didn't, I must assume this is mostly BS; that nothing will come of it.

Fern

You have no grasp at all of the various functions and the Secret Service or the FBI!!!

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Bush has had death stuff for years. Libs write movies, books, plays about it. Why's BO so delicate all of a sudden? Its probably Marxist Dem agitprop people making the trouble in the first place - knowing how the shallow BO sheeples suck it up. "Ohhhhhhhh Baaaarrrry ..ooohhhh Bbaaaaarrrryyy...I hooope heee's saaaaaafe.baaaaaa baaaaaa...meeeean crackers...baaaa...baaaa.

Jesus, a black man running for president really bring the nutballs out of the woodwork.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: skyking
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: skyking
Originally posted by: dahunan
Bush has had death stuff for years. Libs write movies, books, plays about it. Why's BO so delicate all of a sudden? Its probably Marxist Dem agitprop people making the trouble in the first place - knowing how the shallow BO sheeples suck it up. "Ohhhhhhhh Baaaarrrry ..ooohhhh Bbaaaaarrrryyy...I hooope heee's saaaaaafe.baaaaaa baaaaaa...meeeean crackers...baaaa...baaaa.

HAHAHAHAH.. It was people identical to yourself who murdered MLK
If this forum is any measure, over the last 8 years I've seen a handful direct threats to Bush/Cheney, numerous "someone should kill/harm them", and endless "I wouldn't shed a tear if they died".

In the last year, I haven't seen a single comment even nearing anything like that with Obama.

Feel free to prove me wrong. Won't take me long to search for my evidence...

apples to oranges.
Bush/Cheney have been in office for 8 years doing a real bang-up job with things. Maybe, just maybe they have had a chance to be in the news and piss some people off, get some people killed with various mistakes.
Obama, not so much. Mccain, not so much.
The Mods do not take any threats lightly either.
Well, I guess that makes it all OK then :roll:

Behold, the amazing power of being a leftie - with appropriate nuance, you can justify anything!
Quite ironic that you mention the 8 years and the one year, those holding the highest office and those running for it. Do you doubt at all that if Obama wins and screws the pooch, he will be subject to the same kinds of comments?
404 Irony not found :confused:

I personally don't think you'll see the same comments on this site, and if you do all the sudden the moderation rules around that will get really strict. And they'll finally be right to do it, as imho that shouldn't ever be tolerated.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Oh by the way, history proves that left wingers in America are much more intent (and successful) at killing presidents than any right winger.

should we just begin to ignore you.. you make no sense with this drivel
Could be drunk...
JFK - killed by communist sympathizer
Ford - 2 moonbat ass. attempts

Oh and by the way, this line of comment was directed that the OP's implication that somehow Palin is "behind this".

On another note, Murtha insults all of Western PA

Jun 26, 2007

Don't you realise that there is something wrong with your head?

Seriously, you can't be that fucked up and remain a free roaming citizen?

Because you are fucked up, not a bit either, SERIOUSLY fucked up, in the way Stalin and Hitler was, that kind of fucked up.

Jun 26, 2007
Oh by the way, history proves that left wingers in America are much more intent (and successful) at killing presidents than any right winger.

Could be drunk...
JFK - communist sympathizer
Ford - 2 moonbat attempts

Oh and by the way, this line of comment was directed that the OP's implication that somehow Palin is "behind this".

Speaking of fucking retarded, you earn second place.

There is a fucking difference between somenone who does not wish to wage war and a communist sympathiser, you'll never get it because in your brain it's all "ualaljdjakjfkgha" and that is fucking IT.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

Could be drunk...

There is a fucking difference between somenone who does not wish to wage war and a communist sympathiser, you'll never get it because in your brain it's all "ualaljdjakjfkgha" and that is fucking IT.
JFK was KILLED by a communist sympathizer. He certainly was no communist sympathizer. Read before you spout.

Also edited the post for clarity.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Fern
Gee, given that McCain and Palin are both party candidates with Secret Service protection etc, you'd think the SS there couldv'e handled it.

Since they didn't, I must assume this is mostly BS; that nothing will come of it.

Fern
A protection detail won't abandon the protectee. Additional tasks will be handled by additional, specialized people.

Nice try, though.

Yeah,

They couldn't possibly be bothered to *hear* illegal threats, use their radios or any camera's etc. Nope, couldn't happen.

They're *completely incommunicato and self absorbed*, somebody yelling "kill him" wouldn't draw any attention. No need to even investigate whom they want killed [/sarcasm]

Did I miss somewhere in the TOS that common sense must abandoned prior to posting here?

Fern

Jun 26, 2007

Could be drunk...

JFK was KILLED by a communist sympathizer. He certainly was no communist sympathizer. Read before you spout.

Also edited the post for clarity.

READ what i wrote and THINK, if that isn't to hard for your "Palin is awesome, she sees Russia from her state" mind.

If you don't get it then, then read it once again, get it? Got it? Ok.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Hey look, it was all BS anyhow. :roll:

And shame on me for not reading the original article.

The remark came while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd

LOL it wasn't even Palin addressing the crowd.

How about a nice cup of STFU - JohnOfSheffield, Dari, seemingly random, Womani, dahuhan, etc.

edit: CAD beat me to it

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

The remark came while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd

How about a nice cup of STFU - JohnOfSheffield, Dari, seemingly random, Womani, dahuhan, etc.

Now, you're making lists?

Are you still drunk?

Jun 26, 2007

So you were fucking stupid and *I* should should shut up because you are fucked up in the head?

How about no, you retarded piece of shit? I'm not even American so count me out of the "omg libruhls" list you twats make up too, i disagree more with Dari (who is a stupid twat in his own right and doesn't know shit about anything, ANY thing) then i ever did with you.

You didn't even read the article and blame me for it? How fucking stupid is that?

Jun 26, 2007

Are you still drunk?

No disrespect intended, you seem to be a smart man and i do not mind being in the same list as you. dari OTOH, is a twat i wouldn't associate with.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

Are you still drunk?

No disrespect intended, you seem to be a smart man and i do not mind being in the same list as you. dari OTOH, is a twat i wouldn't associate with.
Heh, heh. I've misled yet another person...

And, I don't mind being on the same list as you - just try and keep the fucking profanities to a minimum.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

So you were fucking stupid and *I* should should shut up because you are fucked up in the head?

How about no, you retarded piece of shit? I'm not even American so count me out of the "omg libruhls" list you twats make up too, i disagree more with Dari (who is a stupid twat in his own right and doesn't know shit about anything, ANY thing) then i ever did with you.

You didn't even read the article and blame me for it? How fucking stupid is that?
You should shut up for the following reasons:

1) This is a non-issue, as already been proven by the follow up article
2) This is clearly not a partisan issue, as I've already shown there are kooks on both sides of the political spectrum
3) Palin wasn't even speaking when the non-event occurred
4) I'm willing to admit when I missed something, misspoke, etc., where you clearly are not

Clear?

Oh yah...twat, fuck, wise and beautiful woman, bollocks ;)

Last edit: I agree with you on Dari. he's a nutbag. He went from one of the biggest right wing trollers on this forum 4 years ago, to one of the biggest left wing trollers.

Jun 26, 2007

2) This is clearly not a partisan issue, as I've already shown there are kooks on both sides of the political spectrum
4) I'm willing to admit when I missed something, misspoke, etc., where you clearly are not

Clear?

Last edit: I agree with you on Dari. he's a nutbag. He went from one of the biggest right wing trollers on this forum 4 years ago, to one of the biggest left wing trollers.

I am going to ignore the factual portion since i obviously lost that one.

I don't get how you put a soldier who has screamed for more troops and harder agreesive force and even been involved in agressive force in Pakistan for months (since July) with the likes of Dari? If you should couple me with anyone on this forum based on opinions and experiences it should be Common Courtesy, Hayabusa Rider and Palehorse.

Figure out what we have in common and you might figure out why we usually all agree.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

How is pointing out what you have observed, insulting? Murtha has lived there all of his life. He is saying what he knows to be true of a lot of people in the region. There is a lot of latent racism that still is prevalent in the area. Complete integration of the races has slowly taken hold and is slowly becoming less and less of an issue. But when the population base is as old as western PA is on average, you are still going to have a lot of those old sentiments that people where taught when they were children and have passed down to their children.

Having lived there for well over half of my life also....I'd have to say that he's right.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Clear?

I can see you two assholes agree on something. How nice. Now why don't you'll kiss and make up?