Secret Service harasses Ron Paul delegates at RNC.

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
http://www.dailynewscaster.com...om-ron-paul-delegates/

http://www.washingtontimes.com...onstrations-from-ron-/

Today at the Republican National Convention, as the Ron Paul Delegates were taking a picture in front of the model White House inside the Convention Center, they were surrounded by Secret Service which proceeded to search the bags of all the delegates. They took any and everything related to Ron Paul including signs, buttons, videos, slim jims, cards, even books.

Alternate Delegate Dennis Rothacker from Florida said ?We were done taking the picture when Secret Service started walking into the room and surrounded us. There were about 30 of them. When they searched my bags they took my Ron Paul sign and turned a deaf ear to my complains, they just walked away.?

Delegate Ron Warner from Fairbanks Alaska added that as he was walking into the convention center today with about 15 Revolution Manifesto books, 20 DVD?s for Delegates, 20 Ron Paul buttons and a handful of other things, we was stopped by security which called on an obviously important higher up, who directed all the materials to be confiscated. She told him, and I quote ?You can?t bring that in here, this is Mc Cain territory?

How dare they confiscate slim jims. >:eek:

Yes, I realize this forum is all Ron Paul hating, as is the trend. However, just thought this was interesting as they were singled out by their own party. And in the Washington post were labeled as "troublemakers".

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Well they not only call us loons, troublemakers and fools, the new term is "anarchists". Bunch of shit if I ever heard any. I would like more proof of this confiscating of books and Ron Paul material. As it stands, this is ridiculous. If true, this points to a government by the government for the government. Anyone who thinks otherwise in light of these events is ignorant.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I also doubt that IF anything like this did happen, that it involved the "Secret Service" in any way.

Any real links available?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse
I also doubt that IF anything like this did happen, that it involved the "Secret Service" in any way.

Any real links available?

Make sure you are sitting down.

I agree. Secret service? No. The second link seems to be more credible. It seems they are more like "Party Police" who are instructed to remove any type of perceived threat for McCains nomination. Unfortunately for me and those who believe like me, Ron Paul is that perceived threat. These black hat white star party police may very well have been taking Ron Paul literature to keep the "disruptions" at a minimum. That doesn't take much to believe. I think its a bit fascist, but then again, I'm one of those so called "anarchist troublemakers"....or so I've been recently described.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
When people choose to exaggerate an issue, it has a good chance on backfiring and thereby destroying any credibility that they may have.

Unless they people identified themselves as Secret Service, PC Surgeon hunch is much more reasonable.

Now, no-one will take anything that person says or any valid message that may exist.

And those that sign onto the same bandwagon end up with the same result - loss of credibility.