News Second Scottish independence vote coming

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm surprised it took so long. It may suck for a lot of individuals like OP, bu as they say, elections have consequences. England (barely) voted to withdraw from the EU. That was against the will of some of their vassal states-why should those countries be forced to accept and be bound by the bad decisions of another country?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Being part of the EU papered over a ton of problems the UK has never really resolved but that did not disappear in the intervening years. Paper is off now.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I get it, I just hope Scotland can not let the racist nationalists take center stage like American conservatives did. Nothing good comes from that.

Looks like Wales is ready to do the same. People must be pissing themselves at Westminster now.

Created a right mess with Ireland, probably going to lose Scotland, then maybe Wales. I hope Farage and Johnson enjoy their distinctions as the guys who broke the UK.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm surprised it took so long. It may suck for a lot of individuals like OP, bu as they say, elections have consequences. England (barely) voted to withdraw from the EU. That was against the will of some of their vassal states-why should those countries be forced to accept and be bound by the bad decisions of another country?
Eh? Scotland isnt a "vassal state". Scots have full representation in the UK parliament plus have the Scottish parliament on top of that.

Reactions: pmv

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I get it, I just hope Scotland can not let the racist nationalists take center stage like American conservatives did. Nothing good comes from that.

Looks like Wales is ready to do the same. People must be pissing themselves at Westminster now.

Created a right mess with Ireland, probably going to lose Scotland, then maybe Wales. I hope Farage and Johnson enjoy their distinctions as the guys who broke the UK.

And hopefully London and Manchester too though that's a lot harder.

Reactions: cytg111 and pmv