Sec of Def finally clears Pakistani senor military leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
In a statement to day, and after much initial studying of data, Robert Gates states he has found evidence that no one in senior Pakistani leadership was aware that OBL was hiding in the compound.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_us_pa...3ajFxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNTE4L3VzX3VzX3Bha2lz

But goes on to state the obvious, someone inside of Pakistan helped OBN out. Whoopie do, some people inside the US helped OBL and Al-Quida with the 911 plot, as hid in plain sight inside the USA for over a year.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
US: "Look, don't tell us you all didn't know, stop the BS."

Pakistani Leadership (PL): "I tell you, on the head of Allah, if you name us (the most important of us), we will strategically let the crazies out which will cause you problems."

US: "Yeah, that's nice. Btw, we want our helicopter tail back. Pronto."

PL: "Sure, np. We've already got money in our personal accounts from the Chinese, Russians, and Iranians. Tell you what, we'll give you the tail, you clear our top folks."

US: "Sounds good...but, we do need a fall guy(s) here. The American Public is paying attention right now, need to look like we're doing something important on this point."

PL: "Can't you just distract them with another horrendous healthcare bill, or maybe another oil leak?"

US: "We could, but The Media wants to ride this story for a while."

PL: "OK, we'll give you some folks, wire the money to our usual accounts."

US: "Cool. Don't worry, the American Public will only pay attention as long as The Media keeps attention on any issue, and this 15 minute issue will be done in another 10 relative minutes. Just a couple midhigh level guys should be fine."

PL: "Awesome. We'll send the tail back right away..."

US: "Great, pleasure as always! Oh, btw, make sure to keep up the rhetoric, it keeps everyone there believing the BS! We'll be sure to do the same on our side too. L8tr!"

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Whoopie do, some people inside the US helped OBL and Al-Quida with the 911 plot, as hid in plain sight inside the USA for over a year.

Somebody as in other Muslims?? Maybe Palestinians??Maybe Hamas?
Your ma real work of art if you believe that Americans were involved in concealing the 9/11 attackers...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Your ma real work of art if you believe that Americans were involved in concealing the 9/11 attackers...

If Muslims can be American, then yes.

Hell, you don't count the hijackers themselves? They were living here for an extended duration. Think they didn't have support or contacts during that time?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Somebody as in other Muslims?? Maybe Palestinians??Maybe Hamas?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the heck is wrong with you JediY, I merely posted the news of what our Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said, and suddenly you try to blame me for Robert Gates said????????

And then go on to suggest on no evidence that somehow the perps were Palestinian which is super highly unlikely in far distant Pakistan.

When the US question justly WAS past tense asked is, can we trust the senior leadership of Pakistan or not. And when the fairly definitive Gates Statement is that Senior Pakistani leadership was also unaware that OBL was residing in a Major Pakistani city, the US has no reason to distrust the senior Pakistani leadership.

Which has nothing to do with Israel in any way.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Was this a condition to returning the wreckage of the helicopter?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the surface of the question with no evidence I doubt it, in terms of Pakistan returned the tail rotor, that is of little value because the damage was already done.

Why should any military intel service on earth even bother to go to Pakistan when they can stay home and download photo's of the tail section from the internet?

OK confess Scharenfroh, you downloaded tail sections pictures also. Does that mean that Scharenfroh now has the final missing pieces of info and the burning desire to build his own stealth helicopter too? As for me, I would not have a clue in building a helicopter either.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Was this a condition to returning the wreckage of the helicopter?

Before or after others looked at it and took samples?

The senior leadership had to be cleared - otherwise the confrontation would have shut down the supply lines.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
In a statement to day, and after much initial studying of data, Robert Gates states he didn't want to find evidence that any senior Pakistani leadership was aware that OBL was hiding in the compound.

Fixed that for you.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Yep they knew. You'd have to be extremely naive if you believe otherwise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep they knew, but who is THEY?

Clearly someone in Pakistan helped OBL buy the McMansion, those in the household were also accomplishes, and so was OBL's personal Courier. But we also have to remember, that like the USA, Pakistan is not a police State.

But I think you grossly misunderstood what Robert Gates was saying, have not thought about what Gates Knows, or why making the Statement was important.

Its been at least 10 days since the Raid, and also carried away was a treasure trove of information. Ten days is enough time to get an initial look at all the OBL information, and when Robert Gates did not find an iota of evidence that anyone in the upper levels of the Pakistani government or military was aware of OBL's current location, its important to clear the air and defuse suspicions.

But no one has noted the other thing Gates said, namely that we in the USA are still examining the evidence, and at some later time we may later find evidence that some high level Pakistani officials are complicit.

I also pointed out that our 911 hijackers had similar inside the USA help, but again, no one except conspiracy theorists have said that any US citizen knowingly helped them.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'd be very surprised if any high level military or political people knew UBL was there. Within the ISI of course, clearly some at least mid level people had to know, and I'd be equally surprised if that knowledge didn't go to or at least nearly to the top. We'll never know, as it's not in Pakistan's best interests to ask those sorts of questions and get answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.