Seattle police department to end it's drone program...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2012
Good news, These drones are a violation of privacy and are highly un-Constitutional. They will only help to lead to a police state and the loss of freedom and privacy.

Hopefully the other police departments end them as well

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
So what's the difference between drone surveillance versus CCTV surveillance that are everywhere.

SaurusX

Nov 13, 2012
Drones along with other tactics such as stop-and-frisk are milestones along the path to a Judge Dredd-like hyper police state.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
So long as they retain them for use only against targeted individuals with a court order, I don't see what the big deal is. It'd be cheaper and more effective than putting a police tail or a helicopter on someone which is what they do now.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So long as they retain them for use only against targeted individuals with a court order, I don't see what the big deal is.

I agree, I have no problem with their use for specific purposes as authorized by a warrant. I do have a problem with their general use without specific authorization for a pre-determined purpose.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
cctv camera networks are orwell in real life. we are screwed. just because the lapd doesnt use drones, doesnt mean the feds wont. and when they get caught, they will simply legalize the action of using drone officers on civilian humans.

and it will be illegal for your drone civilian to protect itself against a drone officer because theyre not technically people. so, in a roundabout way, you cant stop the robots.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
So what's the difference between drone surveillance versus CCTV surveillance that are everywhere.

They can't install a CCTV in my back yard yet so i'm free to play in the hot tub with my wife. Drones remove that.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
They can't install a CCTV in my back yard yet so i'm free to play in the hot tub with my wife. Drones remove that.

They're not going to send drones up just to get the pics of your wife that you should have included in this post already.

Status
Not open for further replies.