Seasonic S12III Bronze 500W ATX PSU $29.99 @ Newegg

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Hey Larry. If you find any sfx or sxf-l 600-750 watt PSU deals please post up the deal.

gibster

Jan 18, 2002
Reactions: balloonshark

gibster

Jan 18, 2002
Isn't this the one Seasonic PSU that was rated "DO NOT BUY?"

Ah, damnation, failed to check this, hmm... I've had a Seasonic Platinum for several years, it's been rock solid, thought their units were a lock... At least I'm not using it just yet, we'll see. I had an issue like the one with the Focus with an Antec PS a few years back, stuff like this definitely happens from time to time.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Ah, damnation, failed to check this, hmm... I've had a Seasonic Platinum for several years, it's been rock solid, thought their units were a lock... At least I'm not using it just yet, we'll see. I had an issue like the one with the Focus with an Antec PS a few years back, stuff like this definitely happens from time to time.

I've ONLY bought Seasonic...or Seasonic-built PSU's for...15-20 years. The S12III is built for Seasonic by some other Chinese company and didn't review very well when it first came out. Too bad JonnyGuru's site shut down. I think they had a couple of "fail reviews" on there. Can't locate them any place else.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I've ONLY bought Seasonic...or Seasonic-built PSU's for...15-20 years. The S12III is built for Seasonic by some other Chinese company and didn't review very well when it first came out. Too bad JonnyGuru's site shut down. I think they had a couple of "fail reviews" on there. Can't locate them any place else.
Begs the question why companies are willing to ruin their Brand Reputation with shoddy products.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
I have had one of these since May 2020 and it's worked without issue. I wasn't super happy when I realized it wasn't Seasonic made(after purchasing) though and i paid $60 for it at the time. It being Bronze rated was a sign something wasn't right, but at the time I figured it was just a budget power supply they were offering that they made. At $30 currently(assuming this is the same PSU on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-S12III-SSR-500GB3-Control-Warranty/dp/B07MWG3911) it might be a decent purchase, but at $60 I had wished I spent a bit more on a Focus GX vs what I bought. Stock was limited at the time IIRC though.