Seasonic knows how to impress a geek

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
I bought a new Seasonic 400W passive power supply and unpacking it tonight was almost like unpacking an Apple product. The supply arrived in a velvet bag, the cables are in a velcro-bound plastic bag. The manual is huge... it's a power supply and it's got a manual thicker than my motherboard manual.

If the power supply works half as well as the impression it makes when you unbox it, I'm in for a treat. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2009 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2009 - Copy.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 244

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
While that is nice and all, I actually hate that kind of packaging. It makes me feel like I spent a few dollars extra for the pretty packaging that won't see any use once the unit is installed :p

The cynic in me also figures that the uber thick manual only has 5 pages in English, and the remaining 95 pages are all the other languages lol.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
While that is nice and all, I actually hate that kind of packaging. It makes me feel like I spent a few dollars extra for the pretty packaging that won't see any use once the unit is installed :p

The cynic in me also figures that the uber thick manual only has 5 pages in English, and the remaining 95 pages are all the other languages lol.

Yeah, you called it right on the manual. It was pretty hefty, but only the first 8 pages were in English. But on the flip-side, I thought I paid a decent price for the power supply so the packaging seems like a nice perk. :) I'll keep it down in the basement and some day when I sell this supply, I can impress someone else with it.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ya, they do a nice Packing job. XFX, at least with my 5870, also makes a great impression opening the box.

Monster_Munch

Oct 19, 2010
I just bought a new Corsair AX850 and it came in almost exactly the same velvet bag. All the modular cables are in a velcro sealed pouch.

subtraction

Nov 22, 2009
I just bought a new Corsair AX850 and it came in almost exactly the same velvet bag. All the modular cables are in a velcro sealed pouch.

I have been less than impressed with my AX850's sleeve and heat shrink job. Outside of that it has served me well.

Every SeaSonic psu I have ever had was issue free. And yes the packaging was nice on them and like Monster_Munch said I would say corsair is almost up there with SeaSonic in the packaging department.

Monster_Munch

Oct 19, 2010
I thought the Corsair PSUs were made by Seasonic anyway? I'm surprised you think there's a quality difference.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have a Corsair HX620...Seasonic built PSU. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the thing was packaged when it arrived. Well built foam enclosure in the box, nice heavy-duty "canvas-like" nylon bag for the cables, zip ties, etc.

IMG_0630.jpg

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
i'd rather it be in a paper bag if i could get more quality parts for my money. screw the package, thats to attract noob's at BestBuy.

LOL_Wut_Axel

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2011
you should see an "insert image" icon above your reply. a yellow square with a mountain in it. copy link to pic there..or just type in /img tags

I mean uploading them, as in taking them from my computer and uploading them to this site so I can link to it. I was able to do this on overclock.net, but I didn't think I could here. I saw the OP linked to an image in the site, so now I'm wondering.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I mean uploading them, as in taking them from my computer and uploading them to this site so I can link to it. I was able to do this on overclock.net, but I didn't think I could here. I saw the OP linked to an image in the site, so now I'm wondering.

u don't. use a hosting site.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
I bought a new Seasonic 400W passive power supply and unpacking it tonight was almost like unpacking an Apple product. The supply arrived in a velvet bag, the cables are in a velcro-bound plastic bag. The manual is huge... it's a power supply and it's got a manual thicker than my motherboard manual.

If the power supply works half as well as the impression it makes when you unbox it, I'm in for a treat. :)

corsair has been doing that for...well...ever since they started making power supplies.

LOL_Wut_Axel

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2011
He's referring to the OP's image thumbnail. The image is hosted in anandtech.

This. I've always wanted to upload screenshots that I can host on the site so I can help people out. Since I saw pm do it, then there should be some way.

capeconsultant

Aug 10, 2005
7 years ago, if you had said the PSU's would be packaged like this, you would be laughed out of town.

I just bought the Seasonic 560 GOLD and I laughed at all the stuff. But heck, the cables are useful, and who does not like a nice bag or 2. And even the box wold make good storage for computer screws, etc.

And, subject to much further testing, it works great!